Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? 12:57 - Sep 4 with 4138 viewsFrimleyBlue

" Try something different"

What exactly did this mean............... Because I feel we're in a mix of Keane/Jewell and Mick all in it together

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 12:58 - Sep 4 with 2724 viewsDanTheMan

It didn't mean anything.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 12:59 - Sep 4 with 2713 viewsKieran_Knows

The only thing that I can think of is going down the route of signing lower league players (like we have), developing them in which will either a) help us win promotion, or b) sell them for a healthy profit - however, we're 5 years too late to the party on that front, IMO.

Other than that, it was just a load of twot he was saying in front of a camera.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:01 - Sep 4 with 2696 viewsJ2BLUE

Clearly the signing of lower league players who might step up if given more than six games before people try and stir up sh1t..

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:03 - Sep 4 with 2682 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

You don't see the difference between a young manager, unproven at this level, with a history of success in the lower divisions against an older manager that was seen as a safe pair of Championship hands?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:04 - Sep 4 with 2676 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:01 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

Clearly the signing of lower league players who might step up if given more than six games before people try and stir up sh1t..

If the manager couldn't wait before making changes and realising what he was doing wasn't working, why do the fans need to wait?

Waka waka eh eh

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:07 - Sep 4 with 2649 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:03 - Sep 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

You don't see the difference between a young manager, unproven at this level, with a history of success in the lower divisions against an older manager that was seen as a safe pair of Championship hands?

Actually good point

It's a bad difference. Well done Evans.

Waka waka eh eh

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:11 - Sep 4 with 2618 viewsFixed_It

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:04 - Sep 4 by FrimleyBlue

If the manager couldn't wait before making changes and realising what he was doing wasn't working, why do the fans need to wait?

Something different is a manager who isn't afraid to make big decisions, and doesn't just stick with what he knows and plays players regardless of their performances? And I say that as someone who stuck with MM pretty much right up until the end.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:12 - Sep 4 with 2609 viewshype313

Don't think he knows what he wants, he knew he had to get rid of Mick due to haemorrhaging attendances and fans discontent, but bar chucking a few quid at it when he took over, I don't really think he has a proper plan.

He was hoping to get up within 1-2 seasons, that clearly hasn't happened, financially we have been left behind, so it's a case of trying something different more being forced into it, rather than a coherent plan.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:13 - Sep 4 with 2598 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:07 - Sep 4 by FrimleyBlue

Actually good point

It's a bad difference. Well done Evans.

I really think you should take some time away from here, go for a nice walk and have a few days away. You seem to be having some issues.

Mick's first few games threw up a 5-0 defeat and 6-0 defeat if I remember correctly. You seem to have already decided Hurst is the wrong man for the job despite him having huge success at every other club he has been at and despite the fact we've not been outplayed in any of our 7 games this season.

We have lots to iron out, but you've already decided on an agenda against the guy. It's very sad to see that is genuinely the case or you have nothing better to do that troll all day.

Can't help thinking if you put this effort into your own club you could really improve your club and do some good in the local community.

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:13 - Sep 4 with 2593 viewsVic

Yep - it pretty obvious I reckon.

1) Take on a younger, up and coming manager as opposed to one who has been high profile or tried and tested.
2) Change the transfer policy from signing established Championship players (or those on the way down from the prem) to signing prayers from lower leagues with the potential to step up and improve.

Both these things are excellent - as long as they work! Currently one or both aren't. Hopefully PH is the manager we thought/hoped he was and we'll start to pick up points on a regular basis. I'm still sure that he;'s a clever enough guy to learn quickly so if he survives this season next will be much better.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:13 - Sep 4 with 2590 viewsskyblue23

This isn't a dig at the post, but a genuine question.

People keep mentioning how we're like a mix between our ex managers. Unless Pep Guardiola became our manager what are people actually thinking will be so different?

I'm struggling to see what somebody is meant to come in and do to our club without being compared to an ex manager?

Paul Hurst has come in and tried a different approach of signing lower league players that stood out for him whilst managing at that level. What other approach would you recommend he should have had to becoming our new manager?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:14 - Sep 4 with 2570 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:11 - Sep 4 by Fixed_It

Something different is a manager who isn't afraid to make big decisions, and doesn't just stick with what he knows and plays players regardless of their performances? And I say that as someone who stuck with MM pretty much right up until the end.

But his biggest decision to date is to go back on his own football philosophy.

Mick did wonders with this club. The ONLY reason people got bored was because of the football not the results.

Hurst came in, all looked rosey with high tempo, ball playing football. Everyone felt like this was going to be an exciting to watch club again,

That's already changed. Massively changed Sunday 100%, it was just like watching a Mick Side. (Edwards being Fraser)

Waka waka eh eh

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:17 - Sep 4 with 2541 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:13 - Sep 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I really think you should take some time away from here, go for a nice walk and have a few days away. You seem to be having some issues.

Mick's first few games threw up a 5-0 defeat and 6-0 defeat if I remember correctly. You seem to have already decided Hurst is the wrong man for the job despite him having huge success at every other club he has been at and despite the fact we've not been outplayed in any of our 7 games this season.

We have lots to iron out, but you've already decided on an agenda against the guy. It's very sad to see that is genuinely the case or you have nothing better to do that troll all day.

Can't help thinking if you put this effort into your own club you could really improve your club and do some good in the local community.

Hmmm

Mick took over a club bottom of the league.

My club is doing perfectly well thank you :)

Waka waka eh eh

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:18 - Sep 4 with 2527 viewsMaySixth

A younger manager with something to prove who is highly regarded in the game and on an upward trajectory.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:18 - Sep 4 with 2528 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:13 - Sep 4 by skyblue23

This isn't a dig at the post, but a genuine question.

People keep mentioning how we're like a mix between our ex managers. Unless Pep Guardiola became our manager what are people actually thinking will be so different?

I'm struggling to see what somebody is meant to come in and do to our club without being compared to an ex manager?

Paul Hurst has come in and tried a different approach of signing lower league players that stood out for him whilst managing at that level. What other approach would you recommend he should have had to becoming our new manager?

This forum has taught me quickly that some people actually believe we should not sign

a) Experienced players from the Premier League
b) Young loan players that will deny opportunities to our own kids
c) Journeymen in our own division
d) Promising players from the lower league

This leaves a few possibilities.

a) Players from the Premier League who are not kids or knocking on and therefore will cost the sort of money only Derby have
b) Our own young players, even when they are only deemed good enough (at this current time) by the other 72 EFL clubs to end up at Swindon, Shrewsbury and Forest Green
c) Established players in our own division, who will clearly cost more than we've ever paid for even Hreidarsson and Sereni
d) Players in the lower league that are not promosing, therefore worse than the ones we've actually signed
e) This only leaves players that are abroad and therefore are likely to fit into the four criteria above, but the overseas version, with the added risk they won't adapt to life here.

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:20 - Sep 4 with 2514 viewsVic

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:14 - Sep 4 by FrimleyBlue

But his biggest decision to date is to go back on his own football philosophy.

Mick did wonders with this club. The ONLY reason people got bored was because of the football not the results.

Hurst came in, all looked rosey with high tempo, ball playing football. Everyone felt like this was going to be an exciting to watch club again,

That's already changed. Massively changed Sunday 100%, it was just like watching a Mick Side. (Edwards being Fraser)

It was ONE game - bit early to say he's turned his back on his philosophy!

You might be right of course, but after one game it's just too early to call.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:22 - Sep 4 with 2497 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:17 - Sep 4 by FrimleyBlue

Hmmm

Mick took over a club bottom of the league.

My club is doing perfectly well thank you :)

Mick took over a team bottom of the league with the remit of stay in the division by any means necessary. He did by making us negative and hard to beat, which was just what we needed and none of us cared how we achieved points.

Hurst's remit has been to come in and play a better style of football, develop a squad that can improve long term and no doubt not get relegated. The style has improved, the squad needs time to develop and we haven't been relegated.

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:22 - Sep 4 with 2496 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:18 - Sep 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

This forum has taught me quickly that some people actually believe we should not sign

a) Experienced players from the Premier League
b) Young loan players that will deny opportunities to our own kids
c) Journeymen in our own division
d) Promising players from the lower league

This leaves a few possibilities.

a) Players from the Premier League who are not kids or knocking on and therefore will cost the sort of money only Derby have
b) Our own young players, even when they are only deemed good enough (at this current time) by the other 72 EFL clubs to end up at Swindon, Shrewsbury and Forest Green
c) Established players in our own division, who will clearly cost more than we've ever paid for even Hreidarsson and Sereni
d) Players in the lower league that are not promosing, therefore worse than the ones we've actually signed
e) This only leaves players that are abroad and therefore are likely to fit into the four criteria above, but the overseas version, with the added risk they won't adapt to life here.

just 1 question for you based on this

Evans wanted 50% of our own talent in the team

How many of our own do we have in our team...........

I'm not asking for a discussion on who's better player wise. But based on your (b) point, how is denying opportunities to our own, helping us to reach that aim.

We're already losing kids from the Academy, it'll only get worse if we keep sending them out on loan rather than using them.

And I get his whole experience thing......... but tell me, 1 youth product who is in our team who went out on loan last year. or the year before.

Everytime our youngsters go out, they come back and then get sold........... Aldershot loanees last year. Woking the year before that...

Waka waka eh eh

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:28 - Sep 4 with 2475 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:22 - Sep 4 by FrimleyBlue

just 1 question for you based on this

Evans wanted 50% of our own talent in the team

How many of our own do we have in our team...........

I'm not asking for a discussion on who's better player wise. But based on your (b) point, how is denying opportunities to our own, helping us to reach that aim.

We're already losing kids from the Academy, it'll only get worse if we keep sending them out on loan rather than using them.

And I get his whole experience thing......... but tell me, 1 youth product who is in our team who went out on loan last year. or the year before.

Everytime our youngsters go out, they come back and then get sold........... Aldershot loanees last year. Woking the year before that...

Can you name any team in the top two divisions that regularly has 5 or 6 youth products in its starting line up?

Crewe have done it and some other lower league clubs but it is one of those lovely if it happens things but comes way behind being successful, developing players and increasing their value, playing good football and a number of other ideals.

If that was all that Evans wanted we'd stick Emmanuel, Kenlock, Dozzell, Nydam and Downes into the side and get absolutely ripped to bits week in week out.

Do you genuinely believe these players are good enough right now? One is at Shrewsbury, one is at St Johnstone, one came back from Luton. Do you think that they are seriously the answer?

They aren't. They might be. But they aren't right now and given how little time Hurst has been here, even you aren't silly enough to blame him for them, Woolfenden and Morris not being good enough to get into a Championship side regularly.

What you appear to now being arguing is against McCarthy, because clearly he is the manager that has failed to bring these players on to become regulars. But you are clearly trying to have a go at Hurst and use Mick as an example of what Hurst should be, so you seem to be a little confused.

Perhaps we should stick to using the players from the academy that are good enough. Like Bishop and Dozzell, who may both be heavily involved by now were it not for injury problems.

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:29 - Sep 4 with 2458 viewsSpruceMoose

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:12 - Sep 4 by hype313

Don't think he knows what he wants, he knew he had to get rid of Mick due to haemorrhaging attendances and fans discontent, but bar chucking a few quid at it when he took over, I don't really think he has a proper plan.

He was hoping to get up within 1-2 seasons, that clearly hasn't happened, financially we have been left behind, so it's a case of trying something different more being forced into it, rather than a coherent plan.

I think he would quite like to sell. Ain't nobody buying though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:31 - Sep 4 with 2451 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:20 - Sep 4 by Vic

I'd be really interested if someone could tell me how many times a Mick side had 20 efforts on goal in a game. Can't imagine it was any more than 5% of the games he managed in.

Hurst changed things because he saw a way to hurt Norwich. Frimley is even having a go at Hurst for changing his tactics to try and win us the game! Quite remarkable.

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:31 - Sep 4 with 2446 viewsSpruceMoose

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:20 - Sep 4 by Vic

Not only that, but it was a derby game. Those are always different fixtures.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:33 - Sep 4 with 2434 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:28 - Sep 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Can you name any team in the top two divisions that regularly has 5 or 6 youth products in its starting line up?

Crewe have done it and some other lower league clubs but it is one of those lovely if it happens things but comes way behind being successful, developing players and increasing their value, playing good football and a number of other ideals.

If that was all that Evans wanted we'd stick Emmanuel, Kenlock, Dozzell, Nydam and Downes into the side and get absolutely ripped to bits week in week out.

Do you genuinely believe these players are good enough right now? One is at Shrewsbury, one is at St Johnstone, one came back from Luton. Do you think that they are seriously the answer?

They aren't. They might be. But they aren't right now and given how little time Hurst has been here, even you aren't silly enough to blame him for them, Woolfenden and Morris not being good enough to get into a Championship side regularly.

What you appear to now being arguing is against McCarthy, because clearly he is the manager that has failed to bring these players on to become regulars. But you are clearly trying to have a go at Hurst and use Mick as an example of what Hurst should be, so you seem to be a little confused.

Perhaps we should stick to using the players from the academy that are good enough. Like Bishop and Dozzell, who may both be heavily involved by now were it not for injury problems.

"Can you name any team in the top two divisions that regularly has 5 or 6 youth products in its starting line up? "

I didn't say anything about other sides. we're talking about town and Evans the owner who wanted 50% home grown players in our team

Waka waka eh eh

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:36 - Sep 4 with 2414 viewsFrimleyBlue

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:31 - Sep 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I'd be really interested if someone could tell me how many times a Mick side had 20 efforts on goal in a game. Can't imagine it was any more than 5% of the games he managed in.

Hurst changed things because he saw a way to hurt Norwich. Frimley is even having a go at Hurst for changing his tactics to try and win us the game! Quite remarkable.

You can shoot from 30 yards all day long and it'll go down as a shot at goal, doesn't mean it was close to going in.

We drew the game

Why would you change, when you've just spent 8 weeks trying to get the players to understand you're way of playing, you're just taking 1 step forward 2 back.

Waka waka eh eh

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:36 - Sep 4 with 2414 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has anyone figured out what Evans meant ? on 13:33 - Sep 4 by FrimleyBlue

"Can you name any team in the top two divisions that regularly has 5 or 6 youth products in its starting line up? "

I didn't say anything about other sides. we're talking about town and Evans the owner who wanted 50% home grown players in our team

You seem to be confusing 'it would be really nice for Evans if...' with 'Evans absolutely demands...'.

Evans wanted us to beat Norwich. Evans wanted us to win every game this season. Evans probably wanted someone to come in and buy the club before now.

You seem to lack the capacity to determine that it is one of 5 principals that Evans would ideally like to see for us to develop as a club moving forward.

It would be bloody easy to have 50% home grown players right now if he really demanded it. But we'd be absolutely terrible if we did, so I am quite certain Evans would like to see a competitive team first and foremost.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024