Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. 11:45 - Nov 20 with 8159 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He is playing really well under Lambert, should be focused on ITFC and ITFC only.

MUPPET.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:48 - Nov 20 with 2715 viewsFrimleyBlue

But, that can't be right though

he's playing well, yet he wanted to leave the club. If you stop someone leaving they won't play well.......................

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:49 - Nov 20 with 2711 viewsSteve_M

Maybe because the club, in it's wisdom, has failed to offer him a contract. Of course he's going to look at his own position then but, he's also clear that he's open to a new contract from ITFC.

Good to see Evans isn't repeating the same trick as with McAuley and Leadbitter.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:49 - Nov 20 with 2706 viewsReuser_is_God

I found that interview a bit odd personally.

I get what he’s saying but surely he should’ve acknowledged the fact that we’ve just changed manager & that Lambert needs to make a decision on him before the club will offer him a deal?

I’d imagine if Hurst hadn’t been so sh1t that we’d possibky now be speaking to Jonas re a new deal as PH seemed to like him. Lambert May well do too but he’s not going to be dishing out new contracts just yet.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:49 - Nov 20 with 2699 viewsskyblue23

If he goes he goes. Got to look after himself first but at the same time he's not irreplaceable.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:50 - Nov 20 with 2694 viewsReuser_is_God

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:49 - Nov 20 by Steve_M

Maybe because the club, in it's wisdom, has failed to offer him a contract. Of course he's going to look at his own position then but, he's also clear that he's open to a new contract from ITFC.

Good to see Evans isn't repeating the same trick as with McAuley and Leadbitter.

Surely the recent change of manager has a part to play though?

Evans out

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:50 - Nov 20 with 2691 viewsSomethingBlue

He isn't, he's just keeping his options open in the absence of any offer from his current employer. You have just one career; I'd be shocked if he approached it any other way.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:50 - Nov 20 with 2685 viewsWD19

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:49 - Nov 20 by Steve_M

Another one for the Hurst honours board I think.....should have been sorted in the summer.
Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:51 - Nov 20 with 2683 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:49 - Nov 20 by Reuser_is_God

I found that interview a bit odd personally.

I get what he’s saying but surely he should’ve acknowledged the fact that we’ve just changed manager & that Lambert needs to make a decision on him before the club will offer him a deal?

I’d imagine if Hurst hadn’t been so sh1t that we’d possibky now be speaking to Jonas re a new deal as PH seemed to like him. Lambert May well do too but he’s not going to be dishing out new contracts just yet.

Am I the only one that see's a potential bad Egg in Knudsen?

if that's how he is in the interview, what's he like in person at the ground etc, walking around moping waiting for contract offers?

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:51 - Nov 20 with 2676 viewsKieran_Knows

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:50 - Nov 20 by WD19

Another one for the Hurst honours board I think.....should have been sorted in the summer.

I get the impression Hurst was happy to see him leave, given we was making offers for other left backs.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:51 - Nov 20 with 2680 viewsartsbossbeard

What's he said that's factually incorrect?

His contract is up at the end of the season. He is able to talk to perspective new clubs come January. The ball is in Town's court to open dialogue.

He's a pro footballer who still wants to be a pro footballer next season but currently doesn't have a contract to allow this. Don't see the issue in him voicing this very thing when asked.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:52 - Nov 20 with 2664 viewsartsbossbeard

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:51 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

if that's how he is in the interview, what's he like in person at the ground etc, walking around moping waiting for contract offers?

Yep, just you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:52 - Nov 20 with 2659 viewsReuser_is_God

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:51 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

Think that’s bit of a stretch.

Evans out

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:52 - Nov 20 with 2656 viewsSteve_M

You've been so much better lately, don't spoil it by reverting to baseless insinuations.

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:53 - Nov 20 with 2641 viewsKieran_Knows

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:52 - Nov 20 by Steve_M

You've been so much better lately, don't spoil it by reverting to baseless insinuations.

Nail. Head. Hit.

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:53 - Nov 20 with 2643 viewsSomethingBlue

You might want to stop looking at people as if they're two-dimensional cartoons.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:55 - Nov 20 with 2622 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:52 - Nov 20 by Steve_M

oh no no, genuinely asking if anyone feels the same way.

He might not be and great, he might be but being managed really well. It's just for me, it is strange how an international fullback hasn't been offered a new deal by the club. I get the Hurst or Lambert mindsets, for different reasons, namely time at the club,
but the club allowed players to leave before Hurst came in... could it have offered a new contract to Knudsen.

Waka waka eh eh

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:58 - Nov 20 with 2598 viewsBiGDonnie

How do you jump to that conclusion from that interview?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 12:00 - Nov 20 with 2584 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:58 - Nov 20 by BiGDonnie

How do you jump to that conclusion from that interview?

It's not from 'that' interview and I didn't say it was.

I just find it strange that, especially how difficult it is to find solid fullbacks, that the club itself hasn't opened discussions of a new contract regardless of management changes.

Waka waka eh eh

on 12:00 - Nov 20 with 2581 views_

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 12:02 - Nov 20 with 2575 viewsJakeITFC

He loves it in Ipswich but needs to look after himself and his family.

Doesn’t sound much different to many others on this board really, should they come to a career crossroads.
Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 12:03 - Nov 20 with 2583 viewsGuthrum

Nothing wrong with his attitude. Danes (in my experience) tend to be rather more open and direct in speaking about things than the British. Whereas we tend to hide our thoughts with polite language. After all, nothing he has said is actually incorrect or unreasonable.

The other thing is the lad has just had a child and doesn't yet know if he has a job after the summer.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 12:03 - Nov 20 with 2563 viewsrickw

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:55 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

He might not be and great, he might be but being managed really well. It's just for me, it is strange how an international fullback hasn't been offered a new deal by the club. I get the Hurst or Lambert mindsets, for different reasons, namely time at the club,
but the club allowed players to leave before Hurst came in... could it have offered a new contract to Knudsen.

I can understand this situation - Knudsen just wants his future sorted and the club wants to do what's right for them.
Knudsen being an international player would demand a good salary by our standards, however he's a player who's polarised fans since he's been here.

He was obviously a favourite of Mick and if he was still here I'm sure he'd have instructed the club to sign him up, however Hurst dropped him (as he did Bart who's on our biggest deal since our Premier League days - and that's a huge waste if he's a sub keeper!) so I'm sure Evans/Milne are now waiting for Lambert's verdict as to whether he's worth keeping and if so how much of our budget...

There is no point giving him a long term £15k a week deal if Lambert decides Kenlock is better!
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 12:04]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 12:04 - Nov 20 with 2560 viewsSteve_M

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:50 - Nov 20 by Reuser_is_God

Surely the recent change of manager has a part to play though?

It shouldn't matter. The club has an asset with a transfer value, especially after he had just been to the World Cup, and should be protecting that transfer value. That should be the basic strategy.

To conflate two threads though, I think he's another Hurst would quite happily have sold in the Summer if he got to buy some more players with it.

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 12:07 - Nov 20 with 2530 viewsKieran_Knows

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 12:04 - Nov 20 by Steve_M

It shouldn't matter. The club has an asset with a transfer value, especially after he had just been to the World Cup, and should be protecting that transfer value. That should be the basic strategy.

To conflate two threads though, I think he's another Hurst would quite happily have sold in the Summer if he got to buy some more players with it.

We don't seem to work to that kind of model though. We're more, manager to manager, transfer window to transfer window, kind of club, if that makes any sense.

I always go back to Southampton and when they signed Pierre-Emile Højbjerg. I read an article where it said they had scouted Hojbjerg for 3/4 years whilst he was at Bayern Munich (and subsequent clubs they loaned him too), and in that time they had something like 2/3 different managers, but it didn't matter as he fitted their model and still signed him regardless of who was going to be in charge.

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 12:11 - Nov 20 with 2510 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why is Knudsen trying to force a move, not what we need. on 11:55 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

And from that you've concluded that maybe he's a bad egg?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024