Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league 16:04 - Jan 3 with 31177 viewsgiant_stow

pyramid do they start playing for free?

For instance Walthamstow FC in the Essex Senior League prem - would they get any money do you think?*

I remember someone at Uni telling me they were getting £50 per game at Diss 20+years ago...

*was there last night and there can't have been more than 100 punters in @£7 a head.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 16:10]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:05 - Jan 3 with 9861 viewsuefacup81

Diss still get paid.

One of my colleagues was telling me the other week about a mate of his who jumped ship to a lesser side for a bigger match fee.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:09 - Jan 3 with 9831 viewsgiant_stow

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:05 - Jan 3 by uefacup81

Diss still get paid.

One of my colleagues was telling me the other week about a mate of his who jumped ship to a lesser side for a bigger match fee.

interesting, ta. Any idea how these things are funded? Sugardaddies? or are gate receipts enough?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:10 - Jan 3 with 9821 viewsCoastalblue

Essex Senior League definitely get played.

A friend was the treasurer at a Unibond Premier Club for a while, not a big one, he always wanted them to win but hated clean sheets as it meant a payout in the region of £2K. I know what the 'keeper was played, and whilst he was very good for that level it was silly, certainly enogh for many people to live on.

Sorry, Ryman Premier.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 16:11]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:13 - Jan 3 with 9804 viewschicoazul

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:10 - Jan 3 by Coastalblue

A friend was the treasurer at a Unibond Premier Club for a while, not a big one, he always wanted them to win but hated clean sheets as it meant a payout in the region of £2K. I know what the 'keeper was played, and whilst he was very good for that level it was silly, certainly enogh for many people to live on.

Sorry, Ryman Premier.

A lad I know was an excellent footballer who could have made it, but had a pretty good career in finance. He turned out non league for various Essex and East London teams and I think he was being paid £200 a game at one point. This was about 10 years ago.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:13 - Jan 3 with 9796 viewsgiant_stow

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:10 - Jan 3 by Coastalblue

Sorry, Ryman Premier.

wow, fascinating - 2k!

I had no idea how far down it went.

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:14 - Jan 3 with 9792 viewsgiant_stow

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:13 - Jan 3 by chicoazul

A lad I know was an excellent footballer who could have made it, but had a pretty good career in finance. He turned out non league for various Essex and East London teams and I think he was being paid £200 a game at one point. This was about 10 years ago.

worth having, especially if you enjoy it.

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:17 - Jan 3 with 9779 viewschicoazul

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:14 - Jan 3 by giant_stow

worth having, especially if you enjoy it.

Yep. He was so good and was on Spurs books as a kid, didnt quite make it and did his accountancy quals & got a good job but kept playing. He would get expenses too, very nice sideline.
He reckons the only reason his current employer gave him the job was because they wanted him for their 5s team!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:24 - Jan 3 with 9757 viewsCoastalblue

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:17 - Jan 3 by chicoazul

Yep. He was so good and was on Spurs books as a kid, didnt quite make it and did his accountancy quals & got a good job but kept playing. He would get expenses too, very nice sideline.
He reckons the only reason his current employer gave him the job was because they wanted him for their 5s team!

I can remember many, many years ago when Jock Wallace was in charge at Col Utd, there was a player at Burnham Ramblers who was wanted by Col U and he actually went on trial, played and scored in the first team.

He worked for Fords and was better off with his standard salary and extra income from Ramblers, he had a young family and couldn't afford to play full time. I guess without his additional Saturday income it may have been different.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:34 - Jan 3 with 9716 viewsBLUEBEAT

Soham Town Rangers players get between £35-£100 per match. If you’re an unused sub, you don’t get paid. May be why they played recently without any subs on bench!

Poll: W or W

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:37 - Jan 3 with 9703 viewsGooders7592

I think Stowmarket pay pretty well
How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:43 - Jan 3 with 9686 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I used to play for Diss Town (10 years ago) and used to get £50 a game and back then I certainly wasn't the star attraction so I would have been one of the lower earners.

Also played for a couple of other local clubs in the same league and got paid even more with them.. Just for charging about a football pitch for 90 minutes, which I'd have probably been doing anyway. But it probably contributed to one of the reasons I gave up a couple of years ago as I could still play a bit but didn't enjoy it as much knowing the centre forward was getting £250 a game and never bothered turning up for training in the 2 years he was there.
How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:50 - Jan 3 with 9663 viewsgiant_stow

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:43 - Jan 3 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I used to play for Diss Town (10 years ago) and used to get £50 a game and back then I certainly wasn't the star attraction so I would have been one of the lower earners.

Also played for a couple of other local clubs in the same league and got paid even more with them.. Just for charging about a football pitch for 90 minutes, which I'd have probably been doing anyway. But it probably contributed to one of the reasons I gave up a couple of years ago as I could still play a bit but didn't enjoy it as much knowing the centre forward was getting £250 a game and never bothered turning up for training in the 2 years he was there.

So the match fee wasn't linked to training - interesting. I know nothing about how to judge a footballer, but some of the fellas last night seemed pretty good to me - not many silly stray passes in the game, although a fair bit of hoofing. The other thing that seemed to stand out was that just getting some distance on a kick wasn't always straight-froward. Maybe that's the pitch I spose, but definitely some skill on show in the odd moment. Made me a bit envious of those lads tbh.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 16:50]

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 17:03 - Jan 3 with 9611 viewsBig_Jase

There’s lads in the SIL Premier that get paid. I’ve known of a lad getting 30 quid a week in Div 2 ffs

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 17:06 - Jan 3 with 9603 viewsBlue_Moses

Leiston get paid
How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 17:11 - Jan 3 with 9588 viewsRadlett_blue

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:24 - Jan 3 by Coastalblue

I can remember many, many years ago when Jock Wallace was in charge at Col Utd, there was a player at Burnham Ramblers who was wanted by Col U and he actually went on trial, played and scored in the first team.

He worked for Fords and was better off with his standard salary and extra income from Ramblers, he had a young family and couldn't afford to play full time. I guess without his additional Saturday income it may have been different.

In the past, when 3rd/4th division players weren't paid very much, it wasn't unusual for a player to drop out of League football, play for one of the better non-League clubs & be financially better off as long as he could do some sort of job as well as training 2 evenings a week. I used to watch Chelmsford City in the 1970s & they signed former Southend winger Bernie Lewis & was told he was happy to drop out of League football as he became better off.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 17:39 - Jan 3 with 9537 viewsFrimleyBlue

Depends on the club and its finances.
Some clubs in our our step 6 league don't have budgets
Some do.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

on 17:46 - Jan 3 with 9524 views_

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 16:37 - Jan 3 by Gooders7592

I think Stowmarket pay pretty well

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 17:50 - Jan 3 with 9508 viewsFrimleyBlue

on 17:46 - Jan 3 by _

Ha. I've promised my lads Benidorm. Classy lol

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 18:27 - Jan 3 with 9436 viewsGooders7592

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 17:50 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

Ha. I've promised my lads Benidorm. Classy lol

Are you involved with a club?
How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 18:31 - Jan 3 with 9428 viewsRobTheMonk

Friend plays in the Hellenic League and gets about £40 per Saturday game (mid week games he doesn't get paid).
on 18:33 - Jan 3 with 9420 views_

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 18:27 - Jan 3 by Gooders7592

Are you involved with a club?

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 18:34 - Jan 3 with 9420 viewsjaykay

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 17:06 - Jan 3 by Blue_Moses

Leiston get paid

there was me thinking , there was players from deepest norfolk and essex coming to play for leiston for the love of the game

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 18:36 - Jan 3 with 9408 viewsfactual_blue

Sorry, Ryman Premier.

Arsenal took a similar approach with Oxlade-Chamberlain: rarely started, but regularly brought on as a sub in or after the 71st minute to avoid paying Southampton £10k every time he played 20 mins or more.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 18:38 - Jan 3 with 9405 viewsGlebeTractor

Most clubs from Eastern Counties Divison One South/North and up are paid.

These divisions...

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=4566299

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=4566299

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

How much do non-league players get paid / at what point in the league on 18:50 - Jan 3 with 9368 viewsYoungTractorboy

I've played in the same league as Diss and the lads at my old club are now on minimum £20. Some on up to £100.

There is players a few leagues below still on £10/£15 a game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024