Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? 00:33 - Jan 6 with 5620 viewschrice

Whether you like Evans or not. Think he is saving or destroying us there is maybe one thing we can all agree on.

We don't know what his reasons for doing what he has done so far and we don't know what his plan is for the future.

I think our focus as a unified fanbase could be to get Evans to sit down with Stuart Watson, Brenner, Phil and maybe a fan group and answer actual questions (Turnstile Blue had a good list a while back). All we've ever heard is the fluff that came out at the start of the season. He needs to come forward and answer real and difficult questions.

From a PR point of view refusing to talk to anyone is a bad look for him the louder the calls get. Would also be the kind of campaign that the Star can get behind cause it's not calling for his head just for him to talk.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 00:44 - Jan 6 with 4983 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry, but I couldn't give a monkeys what he says to the press. And it wouldn't change anything.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 00:46 - Jan 6 with 4978 viewseddiespearitt03

Talking would equate to some kind of accountability. Do not expect Evans to try and explain anything regarding this mess. The bond between the club and the people of Ipswich is now non existent.
Failing to compete against clubs like Portsmouth......Lincoln ....Exeter.....Accrington etc shows how far this club has fallen.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 00:50 - Jan 6 with 4972 viewschrice

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 00:44 - Jan 6 by Swansea_Blue

Sorry, but I couldn't give a monkeys what he says to the press. And it wouldn't change anything.

I'm not saying it would change anything just that it is a strategy that might put some pressure on him and is surely better than doing nothing?
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 00:50 - Jan 6 with 4970 viewswkj

For all the hate Mick got, he did Evans a massive favour for a long time, while I feel other teams are doing just fine with similar levels of investment (or lack of it) Evans has simply made too many cock ups in a row now to make me content with accepting his fiscal floating of the club.

For lack of a better comparison it is like he is keeping the club on life support with no hope of recovery; its just a shame there seems to be no White Knights in chairman world to solve this for us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 04:50 - Jan 6 with 4870 viewsBenters2

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 00:50 - Jan 6 by chrice

I'm not saying it would change anything just that it is a strategy that might put some pressure on him and is surely better than doing nothing?

Maybe someone should put that link up of his last interview,I could do with a laugh!
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 06:17 - Jan 6 with 4838 viewstextbackup

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 04:50 - Jan 6 by Benters2

Maybe someone should put that link up of his last interview,I could do with a laugh!

im ashamed of myself because I genuinely believed much of what he was saying.... maybe it was more that I just wanted to believe it so much that I did.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 08:35 - Jan 6 with 4727 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Exactly. IF he did sit down with the press it would be a farce, questions asked that he would’ve already agreed on. The bloke is an @rse
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 08:38 - Jan 6 with 4719 viewsBurwell_Blue

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 08:35 - Jan 6 by backwiththeboysagain

Exactly. IF he did sit down with the press it would be a farce, questions asked that he would’ve already agreed on. The bloke is an @rse

Or are the local press cowards afraid of being banned from the club?
Login to get fewer ads

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 08:54 - Jan 6 with 4673 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s his money, it’s his club. You’re also assuming he has tens of millions in cash lying around. He may not. Being worth a lot of money doesn’t mean you have cash available.

When the fans put in their own money then they can dictate terms.

Are 15,000 of us prepared to put in £1000 each to buy him out and elect a new board?

If not, we are wanting to call the shots whilst he takes all the risk.

I’m frustrated too but protesting against Evans will do nothing.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:14 - Jan 6 with 4631 viewsjas0999

Evans failure to address the fans this season is a complete disgrace. I’ve completely had enough of the man.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:16 - Jan 6 with 4621 viewsglasso

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 08:54 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

It’s his money, it’s his club. You’re also assuming he has tens of millions in cash lying around. He may not. Being worth a lot of money doesn’t mean you have cash available.

Are 15,000 of us prepared to put in £1000 each to buy him out and elect a new board?

Perhaps if Ipswich fans had the belief that it was our club, rather than 'his', we would be in a better position. I don't *necessarily* want Evans out (though I wouldn't be too distraught if we found another owner), but if protests are what's needed to kick him into making changes - or at least telling us what he's planning instead of being an invisible owner - then why not?

Are you only allowed to complain or ask for answers if you own something? Am I gonna have to save up to buy Greater Anglia if I want answers as to why the trains are always late?

It seems bizarre to me that the people who claim to be the 'proper fans' always seem to be the ones who say you should just show up and clap and buy a pie and not worry too much if the club slips into League One, then Two, and into obscurity. That doesn't really seem all that passionate to me.

The club is in turmoil - even the manager says that - and it would be in just as much trouble if we sold out the stadium every single week and created an atmosphere like La Bombonera. Our team is appalling and there are seemingly no plans to improve it..

Something has to change, and personally I don't think it's the fans or the manager, so I'm keen to find out how else he's hoping to make changes - and if that means us demanding some answers, then so be it.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:21 - Jan 6 with 4602 viewsOxford_Blue

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:16 - Jan 6 by glasso

Perhaps if Ipswich fans had the belief that it was our club, rather than 'his', we would be in a better position. I don't *necessarily* want Evans out (though I wouldn't be too distraught if we found another owner), but if protests are what's needed to kick him into making changes - or at least telling us what he's planning instead of being an invisible owner - then why not?

Are you only allowed to complain or ask for answers if you own something? Am I gonna have to save up to buy Greater Anglia if I want answers as to why the trains are always late?

It seems bizarre to me that the people who claim to be the 'proper fans' always seem to be the ones who say you should just show up and clap and buy a pie and not worry too much if the club slips into League One, then Two, and into obscurity. That doesn't really seem all that passionate to me.

The club is in turmoil - even the manager says that - and it would be in just as much trouble if we sold out the stadium every single week and created an atmosphere like La Bombonera. Our team is appalling and there are seemingly no plans to improve it..

Something has to change, and personally I don't think it's the fans or the manager, so I'm keen to find out how else he's hoping to make changes - and if that means us demanding some answers, then so be it.

This isn’t about emotions it’s about facts. Of course it’s his club in so far as he owns the majority interest in it, and underwrites it financially.

It’s our club in so far as we choose to be supporters but really that is a choice that can be revoked easily. Evans can only leave if he ceases to fund the company which owns the club and lets it die.

Or if he sells.

If we stop supporting or boycott we make the first option more likely.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:26 - Jan 6 with 4585 viewsOxford_Blue

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:16 - Jan 6 by glasso

In terms of complaining, of course you can complain all you like but the difference here is not that a train was late or that a beer was off that you bought at a game (which would both entitle you to anrefund under the law or contract). Here you are saying (and I agree) that we don’t like the way the club is run. Fine, we can complain. My point is it will achieve nothing.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:42 - Jan 6 with 4545 viewsTractorWood

Every time he speaks to the press the masses lap up his highly polished spiel. Remember the 5 point plan and the interview. All well spoken but highly vague rhetoric. What do you want to ask him?

- Why have you spent £70m+ on a club you've no affiliation for no reward?
- Why don't you sink a greater extent of your personal wealth into said club when payback has no certainty?
- Why haven't you sold the club to a non-existent buyer for a club that has no assets and is essentially a licence to lose money?
- Why do you constantly get accused of aggressive tax strategies from people who have no concept of complicated group structures and loss relief?

The only legitimate questions are why don't you delegate some of the day to day decision making to someone who knows the game? And why don't you have DoF who can offer some checks and balances against the managers decision.

Whilst I'd love the club to be bathed in riches and have a £20m transfer budget, it's not financially responsible or sustainable. If we sold out the ground every week and had a huge global following we could leverage fan power but we are a small club with an illustrious, albeit pretty brief/scattered history representing nothing more than the deeply random and cyclical nature of football.

If Evans doesn't want to compete with the big boys in the championship to reach the financial promised land we have to accept the relegation is not some grave injustice, it's absolute reality. It's like going car shopping with your parents when you pass your test, only to throw a wobbly when they drive past the Maserati garage in favour of Terry Tibb's run around. It's reality but also to an extent it's beyond our frame of reference.

He's a blessing and a curse. It's not black and white but rather shades of grey in a game showered in emotion, devotion and unfathomable inequality from arcane wealth. I'll always love it and Ipswich.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 9:55]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:43 - Jan 6 with 4539 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 08:54 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

£15m? And then what? How is the club funded on a day to day basis thereafter?
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:47 - Jan 6 with 4504 viewsjjblue84

You’ll be wasting your time, the multi-millionaire Evans uses ITFC purely as an investment vehicle and the only language he understands is money! The only strategy that is GUARANTEED to work is the one where you STOP paying him money!!
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:49 - Jan 6 with 4492 viewsOxford_Blue

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:43 - Jan 6 by PrideOfTheEast

How indeed.

It wouldn’t be.

Many of the fans saying it’s their club and criticsing Evans won’t put in £300 - £500 for a season ticket let alone £1,000.

As things stand the club makes such a loss that someone has to underwrite them. If it’s not the fans and it’s not Evans and there’s no buyer then what?
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:51 - Jan 6 with 4478 viewsBenters2

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 06:17 - Jan 6 by textbackup

im ashamed of myself because I genuinely believed much of what he was saying.... maybe it was more that I just wanted to believe it so much that I did.

I think a lot of people did believe it mate.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:00 - Jan 6 with 4430 viewsNo9

Agreed
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:02 - Jan 6 with 4416 viewsottovonbismark

It's time to boycott until he leaves. Evans out!
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:04 - Jan 6 with 4410 viewsNo9

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:43 - Jan 6 by PrideOfTheEast

& even if the real genuine cost of running the club was established what would the ticket price need to be to provide team management with an operational budget?
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:20 - Jan 6 with 4369 viewsOxford_Blue

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:02 - Jan 6 by ottovonbismark

It's time to boycott until he leaves. Evans out!

Who replaces him?

Who coughs up the £6m to underwrite the losses?

Await an answer.
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:21 - Jan 6 with 4360 viewswkj

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:20 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

Who replaces him?

Await an answer.

Someone else.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:29 - Jan 6 with 4323 viewsjjblue84

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:20 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

Who replaces him?

Await an answer.

Anyone with capital. That was an easy one...
A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 10:33 - Jan 6 with 4306 viewsMVBlue

A strategy we can all agree on RE: Evans? on 09:49 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

How indeed.

It wouldn’t be.

Many of the fans saying it’s their club and criticsing Evans won’t put in £300 - £500 for a season ticket let alone £1,000.

As things stand the club makes such a loss that someone has to underwrite them. If it’s not the fans and it’s not Evans and there’s no buyer then what?

Supporting the club in continued attendance put protesting Evans poor management in the ground at half time and full time would be the eay to go.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024