Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... 14:16 - Jan 20 with 4451 viewsSuperfrans

... alongside the “football” and “general” ones.

I genuinely have less than zero interest in the daily flurry of new threads about this subject on TWTD. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:18 - Jan 20 with 3395 viewsfooters

Some clever techy bod on here made one himself for Corbyn iirc.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:19 - Jan 20 with 3395 viewswkj

General means General

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:33 - Jan 20 with 3356 viewsSpruceMoose

I remember when there were vicious arguments on here about the NHS, or the benefits cap, and even over how Ed Miliband ate a sandwich. Brexit has ruined and dominated our political discourse. We used to be much broader arguers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:35 - Jan 20 with 3355 viewswkj

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:33 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I remember when there were vicious arguments on here about the NHS, or the benefits cap, and even over how Ed Miliband ate a sandwich. Brexit has ruined and dominated our political discourse. We used to be much broader arguers.

We do not create the news, we merely comment on the news - its just a shame that trump and this European withdrawal nonsense has been monopolised the news for too long.

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:37 - Jan 20 with 3344 viewsfactual_blue

Just post everything to 'General'.

Sorted.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:43 - Jan 20 with 3328 viewsfactual_blue

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:35 - Jan 20 by wkj

We do not create the news, we merely comment on the news - its just a shame that trump and this European withdrawal nonsense has been monopolised the news for too long.

..and the Know--Nothings* will still spout their same twaddle.

*A reference to the American Know-Nothing Party of the 19th century, who were firm believers in Getting Behind Their Country.

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:57 - Jan 20 with 3314 viewsFtnfwest

Unless we set up a no brexit general thread I’m not speaking to anyone and neither should the rest of you, so there!
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:59 - Jan 20 with 3298 viewsfooters

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:37 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

Just post everything to 'General'.

Sorted.

Aside from military history threads which, of course, should be posted to 'Generals'.

Login to get fewer ads

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:01 - Jan 20 with 3292 viewsfactual_blue

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 14:59 - Jan 20 by footers

Aside from military history threads which, of course, should be posted to 'Generals'.

Generally speaking, yes.

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:04 - Jan 20 with 3285 viewswkj

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:01 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

Generally speaking, yes.

Unless you keep it Privates

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:09 - Jan 20 with 3273 viewsfactual_blue

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:04 - Jan 20 by wkj

Unless you keep it Privates

That would be a Major error.

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 3269 viewsBueller

Yeah would be great because it’s getting tedious seeing the same know it all c%nts go on about it every day like their word is the be all end all.
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:13 - Jan 20 with 3264 viewswkj

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:12 - Jan 20 by Bueller

Yeah would be great because it’s getting tedious seeing the same know it all c%nts go on about it every day like their word is the be all end all.

know it all c%nts go on about it every day like their word is the be all end all

Welcome to the internet

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:18 - Jan 20 with 3246 viewsBueller

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:13 - Jan 20 by wkj

know it all c%nts go on about it every day like their word is the be all end all

Welcome to the internet

Be alright if it was the be all and end all. Embarrassing how people get on here taking about it when someone doesn’t agree with them.

I will wait for the standard ‘you don’t have to read it’ comment which I’m sure is in its way...
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:20 - Jan 20 with 3246 viewswkj

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:18 - Jan 20 by Bueller

Be alright if it was the be all and end all. Embarrassing how people get on here taking about it when someone doesn’t agree with them.

I will wait for the standard ‘you don’t have to read it’ comment which I’m sure is in its way...

No I agree, there are two very clear cut types of debates on here around it, the ones provocative and gunning for a fight are tedious for sure

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:21 - Jan 20 with 3240 viewsfactual_blue

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:13 - Jan 20 by wkj

Welcome to the internet

Or wetherspoons.

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:26 - Jan 20 with 3225 viewsBueller

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:20 - Jan 20 by wkj

No I agree, there are two very clear cut types of debates on here around it, the ones provocative and gunning for a fight are tedious for sure

Yes exactly. Hard to watch people be so adament about something which apparently isn’t that clear cut it would seem.

It’s the ‘you’re an idiot if you want to leave’ narrative which is frustrating.
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:54 - Jan 20 with 3206 viewsLeaky

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:21 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

Or wetherspoons.

Nothing wrong with Wetherspoons. Meet a lot of town fans in Spoons on away days
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:03 - Jan 20 with 3180 viewseireblue

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 15:54 - Jan 20 by Leaky

Nothing wrong with Wetherspoons. Meet a lot of town fans in Spoons on away days

Was one of them a Taxi Driver, and the other one had an obsession with how much rain water he collected?
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:10 - Jan 20 with 3165 viewsLeaky

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:03 - Jan 20 by eireblue

Was one of them a Taxi Driver, and the other one had an obsession with how much rain water he collected?

No, one was a Barrister the other a school teacher. Sorry don't get all this snobbery about Wetherspoons on this board. Not every one can afford or want to pay the prices of high end restaurants & bars.
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:12 - Jan 20 with 3158 viewsfooters

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:10 - Jan 20 by Leaky

No, one was a Barrister the other a school teacher. Sorry don't get all this snobbery about Wetherspoons on this board. Not every one can afford or want to pay the prices of high end restaurants & bars.

Agree. From a customer POV why would you go to a flash bar which serves the same beer as Spoons but charges so much more for it? Plus the selection of ales is great.

The food is a bit sh1t but for that price it's never going to be great.

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:17 - Jan 20 with 3145 viewsLord_Lucan

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:12 - Jan 20 by footers

Agree. From a customer POV why would you go to a flash bar which serves the same beer as Spoons but charges so much more for it? Plus the selection of ales is great.

Customers prefer different things.

I prefer to never visit a Whetherspoons unless extreme circumstances apply - it's not a snob thing, I am happy to drink in the worst places imaginable.

I just don't like Whetherspoons, especially the fact that you can't sit at the bar.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:20 - Jan 20 with 3133 viewsLeaky

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:12 - Jan 20 by footers

Yes agree with you about the food, Although had a pizza in Huntingdon Spoons it wasn't bad
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:45 - Jan 20 with 3099 viewsBueller

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:17 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

I prefer to never visit a Whetherspoons unless extreme circumstances apply - it's not a snob thing, I am happy to drink in the worst places imaginable.

I just don't like Whetherspoons, especially the fact that you can't sit at the bar.

It's right, people like what they like and you have your reason for not liking it. More just the boring obsession on here with it and the snobbery for the sake of it.
Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 18:24 - Jan 20 with 3049 viewsBlueBadger

Hi Gav. Any chance of setting up a “Brexit threads” filter... on 16:17 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not a fan as they're often overly-bright, low-atmosphere barns. The Sudbury one on Saturday night you could die of thirst before they serve you.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024