Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? 10:12 - Feb 12 with 1468 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

In addition to Banks against Pele I recall one similar Schmeichel save against Rapid Vienna.

The best I have ever seen though was the ridiculous save by David Seaman for Arsenal in the FA Cup Semi Final against Sheffield United.

Also, the best save ever by a Town keeper?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:17 - Feb 12 with 1441 viewsSteve_M

Craig Forrest at Wolves in the FA Cup in 1994. Andy Thompson headed into the top right corner (from outside goal). I thought Forrest would get there but not keep it out but somehow he managed it.

Plenty of good ones from Richard Wright, the double save (penalty and rebound) against Stockport at PR in 1999 and the FA Cup game at Blackburn. That one from Hristov at Wembley when it was 3-2 was very important if not quite in the same class.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:18 - Feb 12 with 1437 viewsParisBlue

This one...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:35 - Feb 12 with 1405 viewsFtnfwest

In more recent years - Bart v Derby at their place a year or two back
In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:42 - Feb 12 with 1379 viewsSuperfrans

If we're talking Town keepers, Richard Wright at Arsenal in 2000/01 made a string of incredible saves. The Arsenal fan I was with was gobsmacked. I believe Arsenal bought him on the basis of that game.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:42 - Feb 12 with 1380 viewsBluefish

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:35 - Feb 12 by Ftnfwest

In more recent years - Bart v Derby at their place a year or two back

That was going to be my suggestion. The one from the deflected shot, I could watch that save over and over again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:44 - Feb 12 with 1366 viewsFtnfwest

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:42 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

That was going to be my suggestion. The one from the deflected shot, I could watch that save over and over again

'jim montgomery like' although i always thought that was an incredibly lucky save
In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:47 - Feb 12 with 1356 viewsWeWereZombies

Like the way that Schmeichel is immediately up on his feet to give his defenders verbal.

Watching this weekend's Match of the Day I thought when Vardy came on and straightaway took a penalty that was saved 'very Paul Cooper'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:48 - Feb 12 with 1352 viewsBluefish

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:44 - Feb 12 by Ftnfwest

'jim montgomery like' although i always thought that was an incredibly lucky save

All saves are lucky. It is about instinct and reaction

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:49 - Feb 12 with 1349 viewsKieran_Knows

The one by David Seaman does stand out, helluva save that.

I don't think this save from Joe Hart gets enough recognition either.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 10:49]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:55 - Feb 12 with 1316 viewsFtnfwest

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:48 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

All saves are lucky. It is about instinct and reaction

they are its true, some get higher ranking than others a bit unfairly though
In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:57 - Feb 12 with 1311 viewspatrickswell

Richard Wright’s treble save at Bristol City in February 1999. We won 1-0.
on 10:59 - Feb 12 with 1304 views_

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:18 - Feb 12 by ParisBlue

This one...

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 11:00 - Feb 12 with 1299 viewsfooters

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:49 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

The one by David Seaman does stand out, helluva save that.

I don't think this save from Joe Hart gets enough recognition either.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 10:49]

It takes a very special type of person to leap head-first towards a metal upright.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 11:10 - Feb 12 with 1282 viewstextbackup

anything bart has done the past 2/3 seasons....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 11:48 - Feb 12 with 1235 viewsKieran_Knows

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 11:10 - Feb 12 by textbackup

anything bart has done the past 2/3 seasons....

Not Gerken then....?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 12:16 - Feb 12 with 1205 viewsPJH

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 10:42 - Feb 12 by Superfrans

If we're talking Town keepers, Richard Wright at Arsenal in 2000/01 made a string of incredible saves. The Arsenal fan I was with was gobsmacked. I believe Arsenal bought him on the basis of that game.

Wrighty was close to perfection that day and I agree that that performance went a long way in convincing Arsenal to sign him.

edit-just looked at Richard Wright's appearance record-240 games for us up to 2001 and then only another 140 thereafter of which 58 were back with us.
No doubt a great career financially but.....
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 12:24]
In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 13:50 - Feb 12 with 1136 viewsITFC_Forever

Richard Wright was excellent for us in the late 90s / early 00s.... the two games that really stand out are Blackburn away in the FA Cup in 1996 and the Arsenal away game in the Prem in 2001.
But the save of his that really stands out is from Hristov's header in the PO Final at a very critical time.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 14:37 - Feb 12 with 1097 viewsSteve_M

In memory of the wonderful Gordon Banks, the best saves you've ever seen? on 11:48 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

Not Gerken then....?

Gerken's really good saves are comparable with Bart's. He just makes more mistakes and both are crap at coming off their line.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024