Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There isn’t one player in our squad 20:00 - Apr 22 with 3840 viewsBlackboots

I’d be disappointed to see leave in the summer. Not one.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:03 - Apr 22 with 3020 viewsYallop

Bishop
There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:07 - Apr 22 with 2990 viewsloyalfan

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:03 - Apr 22 by Yallop

Bishop

Lankester?
There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:08 - Apr 22 with 2978 viewsPJH

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:07 - Apr 22 by loyalfan

Lankester?

Well the OP said not one so now that there are two then the OP is right.
There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:13 - Apr 22 with 2929 viewsSwailsey

What utter shiet.

Bishop?
Downes?
Lankester?
Huws?
Judge?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:14 - Apr 22 with 2926 viewsBlackboots

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:03 - Apr 22 by Yallop

Bishop

3 years ago I would have been but not now. Great prospect back then but injuries and his inability to establish himself in this shockingly bad team suggest to me that his best days are behind him. He is nearly 23 and still a bit part squad player.Sad because when he first broke into the first team he was the one player that looked as if he could be destined for the top.

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:16 - Apr 22 with 2900 viewsBlackboots

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:13 - Apr 22 by Swailsey

What utter shiet.

Bishop?
Downes?
Lankester?
Huws?
Judge?

Let’s see how many teams at Championship level or above put in offers for them this summer. All lower league standard players, none of whom have impressed this season.

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:18 - Apr 22 with 2881 viewsSpruceMoose

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:14 - Apr 22 by Blackboots

3 years ago I would have been but not now. Great prospect back then but injuries and his inability to establish himself in this shockingly bad team suggest to me that his best days are behind him. He is nearly 23 and still a bit part squad player.Sad because when he first broke into the first team he was the one player that looked as if he could be destined for the top.

This is probably the worst post I've read on here all month.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:18 - Apr 22 with 2882 viewsPJH

The reason that he has not established himself in the team IS the injuries that he has had.
PL has used him very sensibly and the only bright point of the last few weeks or maybe of the season is seeing Bishop not only able to play and sometimes complete matches but more importantly seeing him able to take a heavy tackle and get up again.
He should be one of the first names on the teamsheet next season.
Login to get fewer ads

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:19 - Apr 22 with 2868 viewsPJH

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:16 - Apr 22 by Blackboots

Let’s see how many teams at Championship level or above put in offers for them this summer. All lower league standard players, none of whom have impressed this season.

Well Huws hasn't that's true.
There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:20 - Apr 22 with 2850 viewsjudespiveyg

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:13 - Apr 22 by Swailsey

What utter shiet.

Bishop?
Downes?
Lankester?
Huws?
Judge?

Agree with all of those except maybe Huws, he's hardly played in two years and I'm unsure as to whether he will in the remaining two years of his contract.
That being said, I thought the same about Bishop at one point.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:22 - Apr 22 with 2826 viewsBlackboots

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:18 - Apr 22 by PJH

The reason that he has not established himself in the team IS the injuries that he has had.
PL has used him very sensibly and the only bright point of the last few weeks or maybe of the season is seeing Bishop not only able to play and sometimes complete matches but more importantly seeing him able to take a heavy tackle and get up again.

I know that. We cannot afford to carry players with the budget for next season. Do you really believe we’ll get 30+ starts from him next season? If he’s not a regular starter he’s no great loss.

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:24 - Apr 22 with 2802 viewsBlackboots

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:18 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

This is probably the worst post I've read on here all month.

Why? What do you disagree with?

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:24 - Apr 22 with 2804 viewsSpruceMoose

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert by Blackboots 13 Mar 2019 10:41
Let’s just hope he can keep the young players he seems to be bringing into the team ready for next season. If they shine in the next few games we could lose them in the summer. Evans won’t think twice about selling and there’s a big financial drop between playing in the championship and league one.

You changed your mind quickly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:25 - Apr 22 with 2794 viewsSpruceMoose

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:24 - Apr 22 by Blackboots

Why? What do you disagree with?

Everything.

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:29 - Apr 22 with 2760 viewsPJH

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:22 - Apr 22 by Blackboots

I know that. We cannot afford to carry players with the budget for next season. Do you really believe we’ll get 30+ starts from him next season? If he’s not a regular starter he’s no great loss.

The last few weeks have suggested that Bishop is over his injuries so yes, in normal circumstances, I would expect to get 30+ starts out of him.
Obviously you cannot guarantee that any individual player will not get an injury or injuries but the last few weeks have made me believe that Bishop is now able to be at the same starting point as anyone else regarding fitness.
There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:30 - Apr 22 with 2733 viewsSpruceMoose

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:29 - Apr 22 by PJH

The last few weeks have suggested that Bishop is over his injuries so yes, in normal circumstances, I would expect to get 30+ starts out of him.
Obviously you cannot guarantee that any individual player will not get an injury or injuries but the last few weeks have made me believe that Bishop is now able to be at the same starting point as anyone else regarding fitness.

Exactly. He's also been playing like he's no longer scared that he's going to get injured in every challenge. I think that's been a big step for him.

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:32 - Apr 22 with 2713 viewsBlackboots

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:24 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert by Blackboots 13 Mar 2019 10:41
Let’s just hope he can keep the young players he seems to be bringing into the team ready for next season. If they shine in the next few games we could lose them in the summer. Evans won’t think twice about selling and there’s a big financial drop between playing in the championship and league one.

You changed your mind quickly.

You’re right, I have. Having watched them over the past few weeks I can see they’re not good enough. Hyped and talked up by Lambert but Brentford showed us what quality young players really look like. Awful Friday, poor again today and not good enough.

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:34 - Apr 22 with 2683 viewsSpruceMoose

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:32 - Apr 22 by Blackboots

You’re right, I have. Having watched them over the past few weeks I can see they’re not good enough. Hyped and talked up by Lambert but Brentford showed us what quality young players really look like. Awful Friday, poor again today and not good enough.

So, you're expecting young players, in a side bottom of the table, surrounded by crap older pros and a different assortment of loanees every week, loanees who can't wait to get back to their real clubs, to shine?

I think the problem here is your expectations mate.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 20:41]

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:34 - Apr 22 with 2673 viewsSwansea_Blue

Downes
Biahop
Sears
Nolan(?)
Judge(?)
Edwards(?)

Should all do well enough next year. It all depends how Lambert wants to play, as that’s not overly clear at the moment imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:39 - Apr 22 with 2634 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:18 - Apr 22 by PJH

And not just take a heavy tackle but hand some out too. I’ve been impressed with this comeback and if the current trajectory continues he’ll eat up div 3.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:46 - Apr 22 with 2585 viewsRadlett_blue

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:29 - Apr 22 by PJH

Yes, the fact that Bishop now seems up to the rigours of playing professional football is a rare highlight from this season. Still can't see a rush of clubs wanting to sign him or, indeed, many other of our players. We have some promising though unproven youngsters, some League 1 players signed by Hurst & some ageing Championship journeymen. Still should be enough to be competitive in League 1 if Lambert can find a central striker & play Judge where he can run a game.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 20:58]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:51 - Apr 22 with 2558 viewsGarv

This suggests to me you haven't watched him since he got properly fit again. He's looked like when he first broke in, better even. He lacks a goal threat/shot, but that's as much stick I'll give him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:54 - Apr 22 with 2544 viewsMrTown

Bit extreme. But take Judge, Bishop, Downes, Lankester, Nolan away and wouldn't be disappointed to see any of them leave.

To only have 5 players in a 20+ squad to be good enough is outrageous.

Club needs a freshen up.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:55 - Apr 22 with 2535 viewsTrequartista

The irony is that Lambert said something about bringing in 7 or 8 new players in the summer was madness, and yet we need 7 or 8 new players to stand any chance of promotion next season.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:59 - Apr 22 with 2496 viewsBlackboots

There isn’t one player in our squad on 20:34 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

So, you're expecting young players, in a side bottom of the table, surrounded by crap older pros and a different assortment of loanees every week, loanees who can't wait to get back to their real clubs, to shine?

I think the problem here is your expectations mate.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 20:41]

I’m not expecting them to shine necessarily but they are so far out of their depth in the championship I can’t see how they are currently League One standard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024