Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? 12:11 - Apr 23 with 3223 viewsbontcho

Lambo will want two left backs, Kenlock and who?

Elder is in possession (kind of), Donacien the only other one in our squad who could play there next year. Too soon for Clements I’m assuming.

For me I’m not overly impressed and would probably have Donacien as a utility back up defender but Lambo clearly doesn’t rate him, so does that give him a chance?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:13 - Apr 23 with 3206 viewsKieran_Knows

Failed. I'll be disappointed if PL doesn't strengthen both RB and LB positions this summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:14 - Apr 23 with 3204 viewsSteve_M

I thought both Elder and Bree were decent yesterday, certainly an upgrade on Kenlock and Emmanuel. Elder probably should have been closer to Routledge for the goal and lacked the support to get forward because there was no-one left midfield much of the time.

The sort of player we might have looked to sign had we stayed up perhaps but not one we will now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:15 - Apr 23 with 3178 viewsSamWhiteUK

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:13 - Apr 23 by Kieran_Knows

Failed. I'll be disappointed if PL doesn't strengthen both RB and LB positions this summer.

Seems funny to me, we're getting relegated to an inferior division, and we are talking about _strengthening_ our defence for fear they're not good enough. A sad indictment as to how bad we currently are
Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:15 - Apr 23 with 3178 viewsitfcjoe

I thought he did well enough yesterday, and a bit more of an all rounder than Kenlock - but he has another year on his deal so can't see much chance of signing him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:16 - Apr 23 with 3156 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Am I right in thinking Elder is out of contract in the summer?

He did alright at Wigan last season in L1 so clearly has a bit of experience at that level..
Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:24 - Apr 23 with 3105 viewsbontcho

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:15 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

I thought he did well enough yesterday, and a bit more of an all rounder than Kenlock - but he has another year on his deal so can't see much chance of signing him

I thought he was out of contract. If he’s there until 2020 he’s definitely not coming here.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:25 - Apr 23 with 3094 viewsKieran_Knows

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:24 - Apr 23 by bontcho

I thought he was out of contract. If he’s there until 2020 he’s definitely not coming here.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/861172/elder--eppiah-sign-new-leicester-city-contracts

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:26 - Apr 23 with 3085 viewsgrimboy

Passed.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:31 - Apr 23 with 3052 viewsfactual_blue

Yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:33 - Apr 23 with 3043 viewsbontcho

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:16 - Apr 23 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Am I right in thinking Elder is out of contract in the summer?

He did alright at Wigan last season in L1 so clearly has a bit of experience at that level..

This says he’s out of contract this summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callum-elder/profil/spieler/271997

Bulgarian penalty hero

Failed as a.... on 12:35 - Apr 23 with 3023 viewsBloots

....bottom third Championship left back.

Passed as a mid table 3rd division one.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:38 - Apr 23 with 3005 viewsitfcjoe

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:33 - Apr 23 by bontcho

This says he’s out of contract this summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callum-elder/profil/spieler/271997

It's wrong

https://www.lcfc.com/news/861172/elder--eppiah-sign-new-leicester-city-contracts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:59 - Apr 23 with 2891 viewsSWGF

Didn't particularly notice him so I suppose, in that respect, he passed.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:59 - Apr 23 with 2891 viewsBluefish

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:14 - Apr 23 by Steve_M

I thought both Elder and Bree were decent yesterday, certainly an upgrade on Kenlock and Emmanuel. Elder probably should have been closer to Routledge for the goal and lacked the support to get forward because there was no-one left midfield much of the time.

The sort of player we might have looked to sign had we stayed up perhaps but not one we will now.

They were average at best

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 13:08 - Apr 23 with 2801 viewsPJH

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:14 - Apr 23 by Steve_M

I agree that Bree and Elder are an upgrade on Emmanuel and Kenlock but doubt if we could get either or both.

Also agree that whilst Judge is sort of nominally left sided but allowed to go walkabout whoever is at LB is often going to get exposed and or be two against one(or one against two).
Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 13:23 - Apr 23 with 2750 viewspositivity

failed, especially as he's still under contract at leicester and probably would want a better wage than we should pay.

we've got kenlock, we've got donacien (currently playing regularly in league one), and players like skuse, ward, nydam, huws ,who could play there in an emergency (and have in the past i believe)

not saying we shouldn't look at improving if we can, but elder doesn't fit the bill

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 13:25 - Apr 23 with 2730 viewsRadlett_blue

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:24 - Apr 23 by bontcho

Elder is under contract at Leicester until 2020 so we have no hope of signing him other than on loan - please remember that Lambert doesn't like loans!
Those who keep saying that the team needs strengthening for next season need to get a grip on the reality of operating under a salary cap in League 1. While we definitely need a target man, we won't be bringing in loads of players who are better than what we already have. Lambert doesn't seem to rate Emmanuel, but he played 30 odd games in a promoted Rotherham team last season. We already have 9 central midfield players under contract for next season so I expect the squad to be trimmed rather than increased.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 13:27 - Apr 23 with 2720 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:25 - Apr 23 by Kieran_Knows

Not at all inconceivable that he could be one of the "1 or 2 loans" that Lambert talked about.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 13:34 - Apr 23 with 2687 viewsDarth_Koont

I think that might be Nydam in the end. Not tall but I'll swap that for his ability to get up and down the pitch and use the ball well.

Pronouns: He/Him

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 14:16 - Apr 23 with 2560 viewsbontcho

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 12:38 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

It's wrong

Thanks Joe. Yeah he’s not coming here then (unless on loan but I’d be amazed if we loan in someone as a back up left back).

Bulgarian penalty hero

Do we think Elder passed/failed his audition? on 14:18 - Apr 23 with 2550 viewsVaughan8

He didn't stand out, but certainly didn't do much wrong. I think he would be decent in League 1.....though I'm not sure if he would even come. Surely another Championship team might want to take a chance on him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024