Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good 19:07 - Apr 25 with 3225 viewsTrequartista

It's been three weeks since Lambert said this. I'm not sure what his definition of shortly is but not sure why the fans are being kept on tenterhooks.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 19:07]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:10 - Apr 25 with 3191 viewsfooters

Free pie, pint and inflatable at Leeds.
Cheerleaders coming back.
Black Lace concert in the summer.

Take your pick.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:15 - Apr 25 with 3150 viewsPJH

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:10 - Apr 25 by footers

Take your pick.

Stuart Taylor doing a presser.
"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:19 - Apr 25 with 3131 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A small reduction in season tickets that will become larger if unrealistic targets are met

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:27 - Apr 25 with 3100 viewsfooters

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:15 - Apr 25 by PJH

Stuart Taylor doing a presser.

The possibility of 'could' in this statement suggests it's a gamble.

Maybe ME is in Magical Vegas as we speak, speculating to accumulate at the roulette table.

Red - New stand to be built
Black - Douglas re-signs

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:29 - Apr 25 with 3089 viewsITFC_Forever

Assumed it was the ST prices....

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:34 - Apr 25 with 3058 viewsDubtractor

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:10 - Apr 25 by footers

Take your pick.

Black Lace please.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:43 - Apr 25 with 3027 viewsitfcjoe

It was always going to be an anti-climax.

The stuff the club has done re ST pricing is good, but was never going to be as big a deal as he was implying

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:43 - Apr 25 with 3023 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm still hopeful that ME is going to take a bit of a punt next year. In League One terms of course, but that's a world of difference from taking a punt in Championship terms.

But it makes a lot of sense to break the FFP credit we've built up over the past few years and overspend in League One. Ultimately it should minimize the long-term damage of an extended stay at that level and his overall exposure.

I'm guessing at the numbers but by spending 10 million he could save 30 million as the owner of a Championship club instead of being the owner of a League One club. Apart from the fact that even if he doesn't sell he's actually trying to get 100 million back and being in League One doesn't even let him buy a lottery ticket to the Premier League.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:48 - Apr 25 with 2984 viewsGeminiblue

Announcement regarding the Community Trust?
"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:56 - Apr 25 with 2930 viewsMrTown

It's already been said, ST prices and ME telling everyone the kids are the future as if we have an Ajax production line.

The kids I'm sure will develop into fine players, but I think the last few weeks have shown us just how important the right kind of experienced recruitment can be.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 20:06 - Apr 25 with 2901 viewsLankHenners

After Big Mick's comments last night plenty of people were reaffirming their 'I'd rather be relegated than have him in charge' stance so it makes sense that simply 'relegation' was what PL was referring to.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 20:48 - Apr 25 with 2670 viewsBasuco

Take your pick.

We were given a free pie and a hot or cold soft drink at Preston.
"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 20:51 - Apr 25 with 2655 viewsxrayspecs

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:43 - Apr 25 by Darth_Koont

I'm still hopeful that ME is going to take a bit of a punt next year. In League One terms of course, but that's a world of difference from taking a punt in Championship terms.

But it makes a lot of sense to break the FFP credit we've built up over the past few years and overspend in League One. Ultimately it should minimize the long-term damage of an extended stay at that level and his overall exposure.

I'm guessing at the numbers but by spending 10 million he could save 30 million as the owner of a Championship club instead of being the owner of a League One club. Apart from the fact that even if he doesn't sell he's actually trying to get 100 million back and being in League One doesn't even let him buy a lottery ticket to the Premier League.

There is no FFP credit to be used up. In L1, you can only spend 60% of your income on player salaries (75% in season if relegated from the Championship). Hence we are embracing cheaper academy players.

However, the definition of income includes any money invested in the club by the owner. So if ME gave ITFC £6m, we could use this in our base calculation for the salary cap. If it was a loan, then it would not be included in the salary cap calculation.
"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good (n/t) on 20:56 - Apr 25 with 2611 viewsspiderman

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:34 - Apr 25 by Dubtractor

Black Lace please.

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 21:01 - Apr 25 with 2578 viewsspiderman

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 19:34 - Apr 25 by Dubtractor

Black Lace please.

i recon Ed sheeran is going to sing at half time at every home game next season? that would pack em in?
"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 22:14 - Apr 25 with 2376 viewsDarth_Koont

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 20:51 - Apr 25 by xrayspecs

There is no FFP credit to be used up. In L1, you can only spend 60% of your income on player salaries (75% in season if relegated from the Championship). Hence we are embracing cheaper academy players.

However, the definition of income includes any money invested in the club by the owner. So if ME gave ITFC £6m, we could use this in our base calculation for the salary cap. If it was a loan, then it would not be included in the salary cap calculation.

Fair enough. Shows how little I know about League One!

But re: your second para, the overall gist is he could have a punt if he wanted. Or not?

Pronouns: He/Him

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 23:00 - Apr 25 with 2255 viewsxrayspecs

"You’ll Find Out Shortly What’s Going to Happen and it Could Be Really Good on 22:14 - Apr 25 by Darth_Koont

Fair enough. Shows how little I know about League One!

But re: your second para, the overall gist is he could have a punt if he wanted. Or not?

Indeed.

ME could invest/gift the club £50m next season (and any season thereafter) and we could spend most of this on player salaries and transfer fees.

While we will no doubt cut costs (wage bill, redundancies and the roof is not going to be cleaned anytime soon), I would expect ME to invest some money into the club next season as opposed to his usual approach of it being a loan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024