Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flight searches.... 15:17 - Apr 25 with 2240 viewsitfcjoe

....does anyone know a simple way to search for flights to anywhere by time of departure and arrival etc? Can't find a way on Skyscanner which isn't labor intensive and has to be done for every potential destination.

Reason - was planning to go to Amsterdam at end of month. But accommodation there mega expensive for some reason. Alternatively anyone who can help with cheap accomodation there would solve a big problem!)

So want to fly out of Stansted, Southend, maybe even Norwich - but to make a weekend need a flight earlyish Friday morning (6am-9am-ish) and to head back Sunday afternoon about 5pm so can see kids etc for that evening when back.

All cheap flights are rubbish times, just want a simple way to search flights that fit the timings.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flight searches.... on 15:18 - Apr 25 with 2219 viewsSamuelowen88

I want to know this as well. I tried SS and had to go individually as well. Real pain in the *ss

Poll: England v Wales Score

Flight searches.... on 15:23 - Apr 25 with 2200 viewsurbanblue

Type in the dates and there is a button to the left of the fares which you can move backwards and forwards to narrow down the flight times ... Very simple.

I presume you are referring to times of departure as opposed to day?
Flight searches.... on 15:26 - Apr 25 with 2183 viewsurbanblue

Flight searches.... on 15:23 - Apr 25 by urbanblue

Type in the dates and there is a button to the left of the fares which you can move backwards and forwards to narrow down the flight times ... Very simple.

Also choose an airport and tick the add nearby airports box underneath to get more options!
Flight searches.... on 15:30 - Apr 25 with 2169 viewsitfcjoe

Flight searches.... on 15:23 - Apr 25 by urbanblue

Yeah can do that on individual destinations - but want to search for any destination leaving at those times.

Flight searches.... on 15:30 - Apr 25 with 2165 viewsParisBlue

It’ll be expensive due to it being Kings Day. https://amsterdam.org/en/event/22/king-s-day.html

I fly with KLM frequently and would be my airline of choice. They fly from both Norwich and Stanstead (amongst others) and are generally reasonably priced if you have some flexibility.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Flight searches.... on 15:35 - Apr 25 with 2138 viewsitfcjoe

Flight searches.... on 15:30 - Apr 25 by ParisBlue

It’ll be expensive due to it being Kings Day. https://amsterdam.org/en/event/22/king-s-day.html

I fly with KLM frequently and would be my airline of choice. They fly from both Norwich and Stanstead (amongst others) and are generally reasonably priced if you have some flexibility.

Sorry I meant end of next month - i.e. May.

Easyjet fly there out of Southend, and Southend is a joy of an airport to travel from so was planning on using them

Flight searches.... on 15:42 - Apr 25 with 2105 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Flight searches.... on 15:30 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

Yeah can do that on individual destinations - but want to search for any destination leaving at those times.

Just look at the departure boards for each airport tomorrow between those times, you can get them on the individual airport websites.

As you are looking for scheduled flights, the flights tomorrow will give you a good indication of who flies where, at what time. It's not fool proof, but people generally book planes by the destination, not by the flight time.

If you are after dirt cheap flights, they are generally at ungodly times.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Flight searches.... on 15:44 - Apr 25 with 2097 viewsurbanblue

Flight searches.... on 15:35 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

Sorry I meant end of next month - i.e. May.

Easyjet fly there out of Southend, and Southend is a joy of an airport to travel from so was planning on using them

Just had a look.

Easyjet Depart 7.05 from Southend Arrive Amsterdam 9.20 on Friday 24th May

Return 17,20 from Amsterdam Arrive Southend 17.20 on Sunday 26th May

..........120 Quid Return
Login to get fewer ads

Flight searches.... on 15:47 - Apr 25 with 2079 viewsitfcjoe

Flight searches.... on 15:42 - Apr 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Just look at the departure boards for each airport tomorrow between those times, you can get them on the individual airport websites.

As you are looking for scheduled flights, the flights tomorrow will give you a good indication of who flies where, at what time. It's not fool proof, but people generally book planes by the destination, not by the flight time.

If you are after dirt cheap flights, they are generally at ungodly times.

I'm not looking at dirt cheap flights, as said I had planned to go to Amsterdam and accomodation is looking very expensive.

I've sorted childcare for weekend, as has mate and his missus, so it is in the diary and we just want to see what other options there are - but as we are now free for the weekend we want to fly between 6-9 on Fri morning and come back mid afternoon on Sunday so make as full a weekend as we can out of it.

Would be nice to see destinations that is possible with and costings without having to search on each destination individually.

Flight searches.... on 15:47 - Apr 25 with 2078 viewsitfcjoe

Flight searches.... on 15:44 - Apr 25 by urbanblue

Just had a look.

Easyjet Depart 7.05 from Southend Arrive Amsterdam 9.20 on Friday 24th May

Return 17,20 from Amsterdam Arrive Southend 17.20 on Sunday 26th May

..........120 Quid Return

Yep they are the ones I am looking at - but talking £200 a night for accomodation for me and Mrs which seems OTT for a weekend break.

Flight searches.... on 15:56 - Apr 25 with 2041 viewsurbanblue

Flight searches.... on 15:47 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

Yep they are the ones I am looking at - but talking £200 a night for accomodation for me and Mrs which seems OTT for a weekend break.

Aah, I see. You can type in Everywhere as your destination and it will give you a guide on prices to different destinations. You would then have to choose one and search as before of course. Most would have flights at the times your looking for. I think you just need to choose an alternative to Amsterdam and go from there.
Flight searches.... on 16:28 - Apr 25 with 1985 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Flight searches.... on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 1975 viewsitfcjoe

Flight searches.... on 16:28 - Apr 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

I can't see where I can set that to any destination?

Flight searches.... on 16:37 - Apr 25 with 1966 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Flight searches.... on 15:47 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

This seems to work pretty well

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=SEN..2019-05-24*.SEN.2019-05-27;c:GBP;e:1;dt
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 16:38]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Flight searches.... on 16:50 - Apr 25 with 1935 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Flight searches.... on 16:34 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

I can't see where I can set that to any destination?

What do you mean, it's right at the top?
Flight searches.... on 17:29 - Apr 25 with 1883 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Flight searches.... on 16:50 - Apr 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What do you mean, it's right at the top?

He means he wants to be able to just put in times and it’ll come up with a list like:

Berlin - £100
Amsterdam - £110
Budapest - £140

And so on...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Flight searches.... on 19:03 - Apr 25 with 1794 viewsSWGF

Skyscanner has a setting exactly for that doesn't it? Put your departure airport and leave the destination blank (or, for me, it defaults as "Everywhere").

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Flight searches.... on 19:04 - Apr 25 with 1792 viewshampstead_blue

Have you tried Jacks Flight Club?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Flight searches.... on 19:40 - Apr 25 with 1744 viewsitfcjoe

Flight searches.... on 19:03 - Apr 25 by SWGF

Skyscanner has a setting exactly for that doesn't it? Put your departure airport and leave the destination blank (or, for me, it defaults as "Everywhere").

But then it just brings up a list of all destinations which you have to go in and out of and check flight times, prices etc.

Like Healy posted above - was hoping I could see list of destinations which fitted in with it

Flight searches.... on 21:25 - Apr 25 with 1654 viewsMeadowlark

https://www.momondo.co.uk/explore/LON/20190525,20190601
Flight searches.... on 21:43 - Apr 25 with 1624 viewsEly_Blue

Have you tried Kayak?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024