Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) 12:53 - Jun 25 with 2456 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 12:57 - Jun 25 with 2460 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Might actually be one of those weird twists of fate that sees us promoted.

Phil doesn't think it's that serious. Might be enough to stop other clubs from buying him.

We end up with what might be one of the best keepers ever to play in the third tier. Not being dramatic, but keepers of his quality do not play at that level. Simple as. Player of the season 3 years out of the previous 4 for a team averaging mid-table in the championship, plus going to the world cup with a pretty decent nation.

It may be that we end up being that little bit better as a result and it's the difference between promotion.

As it stands we have probably upgraded on Gerken as a backup with Holy and paid nothing for him.

It's only a problem if this upsets our transfer business. Bearing in mind the fee would probably plug the losses a bit and we are looking at frees anyway, I'm not convinced it'll be that much of an issue.

What we lost on the fee and his wages is probably largely cancelled out by the bonus of Clarke moving.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 13:16]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 13:24 - Jun 25 with 2359 viewsBrianTablet

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 12:57 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Phil doesn't think it's that serious. Might be enough to stop other clubs from buying him.

We end up with what might be one of the best keepers ever to play in the third tier. Not being dramatic, but keepers of his quality do not play at that level. Simple as. Player of the season 3 years out of the previous 4 for a team averaging mid-table in the championship, plus going to the world cup with a pretty decent nation.

It may be that we end up being that little bit better as a result and it's the difference between promotion.

As it stands we have probably upgraded on Gerken as a backup with Holy and paid nothing for him.

It's only a problem if this upsets our transfer business. Bearing in mind the fee would probably plug the losses a bit and we are looking at frees anyway, I'm not convinced it'll be that much of an issue.

What we lost on the fee and his wages is probably largely cancelled out by the bonus of Clarke moving.

After the past season, I think 'stopping our transfer' business might not be a bad idea.

I'd love to keep Bart too, he's a brilliant keeper.

These virtual black holes of money aren't ever filled, nor are the windfalls spent.
We should just tick along with the best of what we can get, gel them together and start winning football matches. Simples.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 13:28 - Jun 25 with 2341 viewsBigManBlue

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 12:57 - Jun 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I agree, I think we've had so much mediocrity for so many years (by which I mean, having about 20 central midfielders, none of them obviously better than any other) that as a fanbase we've forgotten that it's okay to have two good players competing in a key position.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 13:57 - Jun 25 with 2283 viewsGeoffSentence

MIllwall pulling a fast one.

Like when some fecker is buying your house and they try and knock twenty grand off because the survey said that a flat roof will need replacing in the next 15 years.

Dodgy, the lot of them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 14:02 - Jun 25 with 2251 viewshoppy

Had they not realised til his medical that he’s Polish and once they found out they pulled out?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 14:15 - Jun 25 with 2193 viewsBloomBlue

Going to the WC disrupted him last season if everything was agreed with him moving to Millwall is that going to disrupt him again? We certainly cannot keep a Bart playing as he did last season and on his wages.
Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 18:58 - Jun 25 with 2028 viewsWhymarkmariner

Does open the question as if he had that injury when he joined us why wasn't it picked up. Probably the same medical team that have allowed so many lame ducks into PR. I expect when players sign on for Town they fill in a disability form at the same time. ( No disrespect to genuine claimants meant) Millwall are also probably trying a fast one. I just hope that Town are not stupid enough to come to some agreement over the price in respect of a clause, i.e. 700k up front, play so many games then you get the balance of the 900k.
Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 19:09 - Jun 25 with 1983 viewsPhilTWTD

It's about risk, they see the issue in question relating to his knee - which I'm guessing has some relation to the ACL he had 13 years ago - as a bigger risk than we have done, hardly surprisingly in our case given he's been a regular for us for five years and for Notts County before that.

It's not really failing a medical as per the OP in the sense that he's seen as unfit, more that the knee is viewed as a potential concern, more so to them than us.
Login to get fewer ads

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 19:14 - Jun 25 with 1947 viewsSpruceMoose

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 19:09 - Jun 25 by PhilTWTD

It's about risk, they see the issue in question relating to his knee - which I'm guessing has some relation to the ACL he had 13 years ago - as a bigger risk than we have done, hardly surprisingly in our case given he's been a regular for us for five years and for Notts County before that.

It's not really failing a medical as per the OP in the sense that he's seen as unfit, more that the knee is viewed as a potential concern, more so to them than us.

So yeah. Sounds like Millwall have kicked the tyres, taken him for a spin, agreed to buy him and now want to knock £600 quid off because the sunroof got stuck open once.

Tight bastards.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 19:34 - Jun 25 with 1875 viewsmonty_radio

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 19:09 - Jun 25 by PhilTWTD

But surely they wouldn't wait till he was actually in the building to scan his medical records and would have known that he'd picked up an ACL years back? Just as they would also have known that it hadn't seemed to have affected his playing record?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 19:41 - Jun 25 with 1850 viewsPhilTWTD

Not good the news on Bart's failed medical (n/t) on 19:34 - Jun 25 by monty_radio

But surely they wouldn't wait till he was actually in the building to scan his medical records and would have known that he'd picked up an ACL years back? Just as they would also have known that it hadn't seemed to have affected his playing record?

I assume they wouldn't get his medical records until the medical. It's only my assumption that the issue relates to his ACL and by that some potential weakness relating to that rather than the ACL itself per se.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024