Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The important thing now is we hold out for his value 22:51 - Jul 23 with 2363 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

None of this lowering the valuation bollox like we did with Waggy.

We sell him for our actual valuation.

We gave him a contract and a few months later he wants to leave for a better offer. Fair enough. But now we must be selfish and ignore that he wants to go and only sell him if QPR cough up the proper cash.

Albeit.. Evans won’t use it to bring in a proven replacement anyway.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:53 - Jul 23 with 2348 viewsLankHenners

His valuation is whatever QPR want to pay for him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:54 - Jul 23 with 2330 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:53 - Jul 23 by LankHenners

So it's £1 is it?

Wrong.

We can still demand fair value, or he doesn't leave. Simple.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:57 - Jul 23 with 2301 viewsLankHenners

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:54 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

So it's £1 is it?

Wrong.

We can still demand fair value, or he doesn't leave. Simple.

If you're going to play dumb it's important to have a good point or you just look dumb.

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:58 - Jul 23 with 2287 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:57 - Jul 23 by LankHenners

If you're going to play dumb it's important to have a good point or you just look dumb.

;-)

I raise you one David McGoldrick.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:02 - Jul 23 with 2264 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree but it doesn't matter if he goes for £100k or £1m, we know Evans won't give PL the money.

He'll be replaced with another cheap punt, if he's replaced at all, and our decline continues.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:04 - Jul 23 with 2250 viewsLankHenners

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:58 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

;-)

I raise you one David McGoldrick.

Who ended up leaving for free because we didn't secure him on a contract. Plus I don't think Evans learned the lesson he should have done from that situation.

The main frustration is that his value is irrelevant as it won't be reinvested back into the team. We've seen it too many times to believe this is going to be any different.

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:06 - Jul 23 with 2229 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:04 - Jul 23 by LankHenners

Who ended up leaving for free because we didn't secure him on a contract. Plus I don't think Evans learned the lesson he should have done from that situation.

The main frustration is that his value is irrelevant as it won't be reinvested back into the team. We've seen it too many times to believe this is going to be any different.

He left 4 years later after injuries hampered him.

Nice change of angle though.

**gathers all the money on the table**
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 23:07]

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:08 - Jul 23 with 2211 viewsLankHenners

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:06 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

He left 4 years later after injuries hampered him.

Nice change of angle though.

**gathers all the money on the table**
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 23:07]

Doesn't look particularly hampered to me.

Login to get fewer ads

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:10 - Jul 23 with 2189 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:08 - Jul 23 by LankHenners

Nope, didn't say he is.

**continues to count money after interruption**
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 23:11]

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 00:05 - Jul 24 with 2093 viewsBlueBadger

I reckon Evans values him at around 700 grand. Tops.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 06:54 - Jul 24 with 2025 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 23:08 - Jul 23 by LankHenners

Are you suggesting McGoldrick was laying it on with injuries for those 4 years he was here, after we refused to sell him to Leicester?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 06:56 - Jul 24 with 2018 viewsReuser_is_God

The fee we get will only reduce Evans’ loss.

I don’t give a fcuk what we get because it will never be reinvested into the first team.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 07:11 - Jul 24 with 1986 viewsEly_Blue

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 22:53 - Jul 23 by LankHenners

Given that we don’t need to sell him I’d say his value is whatever we think we can get for him, if we say £2m and QPR say £1m then tough on them

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 08:18 - Jul 24 with 1918 viewsLankHenners

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 06:54 - Jul 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Are you suggesting McGoldrick was laying it on with injuries for those 4 years he was here, after we refused to sell him to Leicester?

Are you?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 08:22 - Jul 24 with 1900 viewsrosseden

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 00:05 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

I reckon Evans values him at around 700 grand. Tops.

if hes on 10k a week since he joined (might be more), plus a signing on fee, i reckon thats about 350 to 400k spend at least on him since he joined, less any compo from ireland due to the injury. i reckon evans would want to see a 500k return, so its got to be 850k or something

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 09:09 - Jul 24 with 1853 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 08:18 - Jul 24 by LankHenners

Are you?

No, obviously not

I am struggling to work out what your point was though re not looking too hampered now, if that’s not what you were suggesting?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 09:14 - Jul 24 with 1826 viewschicoazul

Incoming fees whatever size they may be, are completely irrelevant.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 09:16 - Jul 24 with 1810 viewsKieran_Knows

What is his value though, realistically? If QPR are making offers of around £450k, I will be amazed if was have asked for more than £750k. Will probably get settled somewhere around 600k and the money won't be reinvested.

What a club.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 09:19 - Jul 24 with 1798 viewsElderGrizzly

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 09:16 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

What is his value though, realistically? If QPR are making offers of around £450k, I will be amazed if was have asked for more than £750k. Will probably get settled somewhere around 600k and the money won't be reinvested.

What a club.

And Evans will be guided by Lambert on this. How much of a problem will Judge be if he is still here? Especially given he will be our highest earner alongside Bart.

Value has to take into consideration of the wages paid between now and the next window too?
The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 10:23 - Jul 24 with 1759 viewsLankHenners

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 09:09 - Jul 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, obviously not

I am struggling to work out what your point was though re not looking too hampered now, if that’s not what you were suggesting?

Was just being facetious with MM, nothing to concern yourself with.

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 10:36 - Jul 24 with 1724 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 10:23 - Jul 24 by LankHenners

Was just being facetious with MM, nothing to concern yourself with.

MM is right though - we don’t have to sell if we don’t want to, and ultimately Judge will knuckle down and get on with it as it’s in his best interests to do so

McGoldrick is proof of that - we refused to sell him to Leicester, he briefly sulked and then got over it and helped lead us to the playoffs

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 11:59 - Jul 24 with 1672 viewsLankHenners

The important thing now is we hold out for his value on 10:36 - Jul 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

MM is right though - we don’t have to sell if we don’t want to, and ultimately Judge will knuckle down and get on with it as it’s in his best interests to do so

McGoldrick is proof of that - we refused to sell him to Leicester, he briefly sulked and then got over it and helped lead us to the playoffs

Hopefully that happens again but since that we’ve had Murphy, Waghorn and Garner all leave late in the day leaving us short of numbers and quality. Although we got good money for them (arguably not enough for the former 2), it never led to getting quality reinforcements in which further hindered us.

The understandable worry is that we’re going to put ourselves in the same situation when we really should be giving ourselves the best chance possible to go straight back up. Plus, unlike with Mick, I don’t have bags of faith in Lambert pulling out a gem on a free or even a loan - Norwood aside we haven’t really addressed the issues with the squad beyond having a couple of out of contract defenders on trial.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024