Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? 21:46 - Aug 7 with 6988 viewsBarneycurley

I see various numbers thrown about and most recent figures state that we have a debt of 95 million? So is that just a large overdraft he owes to his own company?

If so when or if we were sold a potential buyer is accounting for this? Or he just writes it off?

Otherwise he's not been putting actual money in but just raising the debt - surely?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 21:50 - Aug 7 with 3072 viewsStokieBlue

The debt is owed to him - he's not allowed to just give the club money.

It's been explained countless times.

What is your actual point though? Are you attempting to say ME hasn't been putting money into town?

Be clear.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 21:51 - Aug 7 with 3061 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sorry what? Actual money goes out of the football club to pay all the wages etc - that comes from Evans. Specifically, the shortfall is lent to the club by another company in his group but obviously actual money comes in (on a loan facility) and the actual money put in goes straight out.

The 95m or whatever it is, is owed to another of his companies yes. It’d almost certainly be written off on a sale.
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 21:55 - Aug 7 with 3035 viewsBarneycurley

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 21:50 - Aug 7 by StokieBlue

The debt is owed to him - he's not allowed to just give the club money.

It's been explained countless times.

What is your actual point though? Are you attempting to say ME hasn't been putting money into town?

Be clear.

SB

I was interested to know if ACTUAL money is being put in by him or is this money he now owes his company?

It's pretty different like paying for a new TV on credit or debit.

I am just interested as it seems to appease some people to think he's actually using his own money to prop the club up.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 21:56]

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 21:59 - Aug 7 with 3013 viewsHerbivore

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 21:55 - Aug 7 by Barneycurley

I was interested to know if ACTUAL money is being put in by him or is this money he now owes his company?

I am just interested as it seems to appease some people to think he's actually using his own money to prop the club up.

I doubt he nips on to his HSBC online banking app to send us £6m from his current account by BACS. However, he is our owner and all of our overspend is covered by him. And yes, it's real money paid to real people and businesses.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:01 - Aug 7 with 3000 viewsStokieBlue

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 21:55 - Aug 7 by Barneycurley

OK - so you've stated your agenda - you don't think he is using his own money.

"It's pretty different like paying for a new TV on credit or debit."

This is a rubbish analogy. It's nothing like that at all. ME loans ITFC money because that is what is allowed under the rules. What difference would it actually make if he had borrowed this from another company that he also owns?

You just seem to want to have a pop.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 22:04]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:09 - Aug 7 with 2960 viewsBarneycurley

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:01 - Aug 7 by StokieBlue

OK - so you've stated your agenda - you don't think he is using his own money.

"It's pretty different like paying for a new TV on credit or debit."

This is a rubbish analogy. It's nothing like that at all. ME loans ITFC money because that is what is allowed under the rules. What difference would it actually make if he had borrowed this from another company that he also owns?

You just seem to want to have a pop.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 22:04]

No i am not 'having a pop' conversely I could say you are being over defensive!

I am asking questions - with question marks - usually used to ascertain an answer quite a simple concept I would have thought.

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:14 - Aug 7 with 2935 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

What do you think staff and suppliers get paid with? Promises and IOUs?

Of course he puts actual cash in... whether it’s from his own bank account or via his other companies, what difference does that make?
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:18 - Aug 7 with 2888 viewsBarneycurley

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:14 - Aug 7 by King_ding_a_lin_g

What do you think staff and suppliers get paid with? Promises and IOUs?

Of course he puts actual cash in... whether it’s from his own bank account or via his other companies, what difference does that make?

I was questioning if it's money that is put in or just debt that rises. I was quite shocked to here 95 mill debt the other day.

I am just wondering what impact seeing 95 mill in debt makes to a potential new owner or if that sum miraculously vanishes if we were sold?

Login to get fewer ads

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:19 - Aug 7 with 2897 viewsxrayspecs

ME has loaned the club around £95m to date. This is real money and has been spent on thing such as players wages, transfers, the academy etc.

The money is owed to ME's companies rather than him personally. However, as he is the sole owner of these companies, it amounts to the same thing.

In theory, the club owe it back to ME but unless we are in the Prem for a number of seasons, that would never happen.

No one would buy Ipswich with a £95m debt, so ME would have to write it off if/when he sells. I am not sure many folk would want to buy Ipswich even without this debt as they would need to put in a similar amount each season (around £6m per season) just to maintain what we have today.

Now that we have explained this to you, I am sure you will no longer need to claim that ME has not invested in this club and any of the other incoherent and ill-informed points that his detractors are passing off as fact.
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:24 - Aug 7 with 2858 viewsBarneycurley

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:19 - Aug 7 by xrayspecs

ME has loaned the club around £95m to date. This is real money and has been spent on thing such as players wages, transfers, the academy etc.

The money is owed to ME's companies rather than him personally. However, as he is the sole owner of these companies, it amounts to the same thing.

In theory, the club owe it back to ME but unless we are in the Prem for a number of seasons, that would never happen.

No one would buy Ipswich with a £95m debt, so ME would have to write it off if/when he sells. I am not sure many folk would want to buy Ipswich even without this debt as they would need to put in a similar amount each season (around £6m per season) just to maintain what we have today.

Now that we have explained this to you, I am sure you will no longer need to claim that ME has not invested in this club and any of the other incoherent and ill-informed points that his detractors are passing off as fact.

Again I have not claimed he has not invested - No where. Just queried if it's money put in from his personally or from one of his companies he's just loaned the club.

I didn't think it would be so divisive - as a life long town supported it rather concerned me that we are almost 100 mill in debt. But i must be a thicko as obviously we as a club owe no money to nobody - that's a relief!

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:26 - Aug 7 with 2844 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:18 - Aug 7 by Barneycurley

I was questioning if it's money that is put in or just debt that rises. I was quite shocked to here 95 mill debt the other day.

I am just wondering what impact seeing 95 mill in debt makes to a potential new owner or if that sum miraculously vanishes if we were sold?

ITFC owes Marcus the money. If someone buys ITFC, it still owes him the money.

Unless part of the deal with the purchase of the company is that the debt is fully or partially written off.
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:31 - Aug 7 with 2818 viewsBarneycurley

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:26 - Aug 7 by King_ding_a_lin_g

ITFC owes Marcus the money. If someone buys ITFC, it still owes him the money.

Unless part of the deal with the purchase of the company is that the debt is fully or partially written off.

So.....

ME Statement should state:

'I loan Ipswich 9 million a season which keeps adding to the debt at the club'

He's loaning money which adds to the debt not just gleefully paying money to ITFC

Thought so

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:32 - Aug 7 with 2817 viewsxrayspecs

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:24 - Aug 7 by Barneycurley

Again I have not claimed he has not invested - No where. Just queried if it's money put in from his personally or from one of his companies he's just loaned the club.

I didn't think it would be so divisive - as a life long town supported it rather concerned me that we are almost 100 mill in debt. But i must be a thicko as obviously we as a club owe no money to nobody - that's a relief!

"Again I have not claimed he has not invested - No where"

From your original post:

"Otherwise he's not been putting actual money in but just raising the debt - surely?"

As you and I have both said we owe ME around £100m.

"But i must be a thicko as obviously we as a club owe no money to nobody - that's a relief!"

Your double negative sentence is correct in that "we owe no money to nobody". We owe ME around £100m.
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:32 - Aug 7 with 2826 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:24 - Aug 7 by Barneycurley

It’s a touchy subject because there are nutters out there that actually think he’s somehow benefitting from the fact he has basically chucked £100m down the toilet and wonder why he doesn’t want to wipe his bottom with another few million to buy some more players who will guarantee nothing and then flush it.
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:33 - Aug 7 with 2804 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:31 - Aug 7 by Barneycurley

So.....

He's loaning money which adds to the debt not just gleefully paying money to ITFC

Thought so

It’s not a donation. But it might as well be.
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:35 - Aug 7 with 2791 viewsxrayspecs

So.....

Thought so

He is loaning us around £6m per season, to a club that has no realistic prospect of being able to ever pay him back.

I am not sure gleeful is the adjective he would choose, just a hunch.
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 23:00 - Aug 7 with 2689 viewsHerbivore

So.....

Thought so

The money has to be in the form of loans, however I doubt the loans will ever be paid back.

I'm not sure what you're struggling with here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 23:07 - Aug 7 with 2665 viewsxrayspecs

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 23:00 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

The money has to be in the form of loans, however I doubt the loans will ever be paid back.

I'm not sure what you're struggling with here.

Strictly speaking, it could have been a donation. But for tax reasons, that makes no sense, so has been set up as a loan up to now.

What may change in the future is that under the salary cap model in League 1, loans do not count as income upon which you can calculate your salaries/transfer fees budget. However donations are included in the calculation, so ME may chose to change approach.

I am sure the poster does get this, sometimes it suits their agenda not to understand...
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 00:14 - Aug 8 with 2574 viewsBrixtonBlue

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:19 - Aug 7 by xrayspecs

POTY.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 00:19 - Aug 8 with 2571 viewsBrixtonBlue

So.....

Thought so

You know that bit where you said, "i must be a thicko"? That's the only bit you've got right.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 00:34 - Aug 8 with 2548 viewseddiespearitt03

The more important issue is why we have not made any progress under the reign of Marcus Evans. I could name the players who saved this club from an earlier relegation but there are far too many to easily forget about who offered nothing.
Evans just throws out the same ol tosh and the supporters have no option other than to suck it up.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 10:55]
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 00:57 - Aug 8 with 2515 viewsActionMan

He's lost roughly what 100 million from the point of buying the existing debt until now. ...
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 03:51 - Aug 8 with 2456 viewsmadmouse1959

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 00:57 - Aug 8 by ActionMan

He's lost roughly what 100 million from the point of buying the existing debt until now. ...

Lost 100 million. ? Yeah right.

shampoo dave

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 06:48 - Aug 8 with 2353 viewsbobbyramsey

Loans normally come with interest attached. Is that interest being paid, is it being accrued or it this loan magically interest free? £95m x e.g. 5% is very nearly the £6m that Evans uses to prop up the club.
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 07:27 - Aug 8 with 2262 viewseireblue

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 06:48 - Aug 8 by bobbyramsey

Loans normally come with interest attached. Is that interest being paid, is it being accrued or it this loan magically interest free? £95m x e.g. 5% is very nearly the £6m that Evans uses to prop up the club.

Shame he doesn’t publish accounts, preferably on a yearly basis, if he did someone like Swiss Ramble could have a look at them, but he doesn’t because he doesn’t want us to know how much he takes out of the club and spends on flying his buddies over for golfing holidays in the Bahamas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024