Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? 21:46 - Aug 7 with 7051 viewsBarneycurley

I see various numbers thrown about and most recent figures state that we have a debt of 95 million? So is that just a large overdraft he owes to his own company?

If so when or if we were sold a potential buyer is accounting for this? Or he just writes it off?

Otherwise he's not been putting actual money in but just raising the debt - surely?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 07:37 - Aug 8 with 3517 viewsGuthrum

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 00:34 - Aug 8 by eddiespearitt03

The more important issue is why we have not made any progress under the reign of Marcus Evans. I could name the players who saved this club from an earlier relegation but there are far too many to easily forget about who offered nothing.
Evans just throws out the same ol tosh and the supporters have no option other than to suck it up.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 10:55]

People consistently ignore the fact that English football's financial environment has changed radically over the last eleven and a half years. Transfer fees have increased greatly, driven by money distributed unequally from above and poured in by those seeking to buy their way into the prem. We are now in a situation where multiple clubs - including former first-tier stalwarts like Bolton - are in desperate financial trouble, others have been sanctioned for overspending (Birmingham) and teams like Derby are spending eye-watering amounts every season just to make the play-offs.

Where I agree with you is on some poor decisions. Particularly that of hiring Roy Keane, which threw away the period when Evans' investment could have given us a competitive advantage and set us on the back foot for many seasons after he had gone. It was not an entirely irrational decision (big name, great player, had done well at Sunderland), but he wasn't a good fit for the club and, as is alleged with Hurst, his management style was too abrasive, plus not a great tactician.

In terms of leaving, Evans has few options. He either has to find someone to buy the club from him, or put it into administration and lose everything. Both of those options have a high chance of being bad for the club. Given the ineffectuality of the notorious "fit and proper persons" test, we would be far more likely to end up with a charlatan, a fantasist or a lunatic in charge (none of them actually having any real money) than a Gulf oil billionaire. At least, having few really valuable assets, we are probably safe from those seeking to build houses on Portman Road.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 07:51 - Aug 8 with 3497 viewssouthnorfolkblue

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:19 - Aug 7 by xrayspecs

ME has loaned the club around £95m to date. This is real money and has been spent on thing such as players wages, transfers, the academy etc.

The money is owed to ME's companies rather than him personally. However, as he is the sole owner of these companies, it amounts to the same thing.

In theory, the club owe it back to ME but unless we are in the Prem for a number of seasons, that would never happen.

No one would buy Ipswich with a £95m debt, so ME would have to write it off if/when he sells. I am not sure many folk would want to buy Ipswich even without this debt as they would need to put in a similar amount each season (around £6m per season) just to maintain what we have today.

Now that we have explained this to you, I am sure you will no longer need to claim that ME has not invested in this club and any of the other incoherent and ill-informed points that his detractors are passing off as fact.

Don’t think that your numbers are quite right, because you need to factor in that around 32 million of the debt was actually debt owed to Aviva for rebuilding one of the stands. He paid Aviva 6 million to buy that debt, so while the accounts show a 95 million debt, that I believe would include that Aviva debt.

Poll: Our final position

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 07:54 - Aug 8 with 3497 viewsBrixtonBlue

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 00:34 - Aug 8 by eddiespearitt03

The more important issue is why we have not made any progress under the reign of Marcus Evans. I could name the players who saved this club from an earlier relegation but there are far too many to easily forget about who offered nothing.
Evans just throws out the same ol tosh and the supporters have no option other than to suck it up.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 10:55]

1. Which of the managerial appointments did you not agree with at the time?
2. In what way is he not visible? I've seen him loads of times now!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 07:58 - Aug 8 with 3486 viewsGuthrum

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 06:48 - Aug 8 by bobbyramsey

Loans normally come with interest attached. Is that interest being paid, is it being accrued or it this loan magically interest free? £95m x e.g. 5% is very nearly the £6m that Evans uses to prop up the club.

Phil has stated in the past that, altho Evans used to levy interest on some of the debt (as a number on the balance sheet, not actual money leaving the club), he has not done so for years.

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 08:14 - Aug 8 with 3471 viewsGuthrum

About £75m net in cash and loans from private companies owned by Evans.

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 08:36 - Aug 8 with 3460 viewsxrayspecs

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 07:51 - Aug 8 by southnorfolkblue

Don’t think that your numbers are quite right, because you need to factor in that around 32 million of the debt was actually debt owed to Aviva for rebuilding one of the stands. He paid Aviva 6 million to buy that debt, so while the accounts show a 95 million debt, that I believe would include that Aviva debt.

Fair point, approx £25m of the £95m we owe ME Group is the monies written off by Aviva. So, ME has then lent us another £70m on top.

The debt to ME is almost hypothetical as it is inter-company debt and there is no realistic chance we will ever be able to pay it back.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 8:46]
How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 08:51 - Aug 8 with 3401 viewsjjblue84

Think of it as the equivalent of lending £200 to a beggar.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 11:05]
FFS on 09:07 - Aug 8 with 3435 viewsDyland

"Otherwise he's not been putting actual money in but just raising the debt - surely?"

Eh? And eh again? I just don't know how to answer this. Er. The business costs need paying ffs. You know, wages and bills and all that. So yes, all of ITFC's suppliers or vendors or staff, need "actual money". The same as you expect from your employer, and the same as you pay to your utility and phone and whatever suppliers.

This comment on the news story sums it up -

"Great bit of PR, just what the doctor ordered!! Some will be taken in by all that for another 3 years till the next release. Words are cheap, and actions speak louder than words, I'll wait for concrete actions backing his words up. Until then #Evansout"

I mean seriously... wtf. The actions are there. I'm not an ME fan at all, but I'm also not a reality denier. What is the bloke meant to say? People may not like it, but it's just an honest assessment of where we are. Yes, his tenure has been a big sh1tter for the most part, but he hasn't benefited at all, and loses and fails with us fans, except financially. Any other theory is swivel eyed bollix.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 9:11]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 09:34 - Aug 8 with 3400 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

FFS on 09:48 - Aug 8 with 3392 viewsfactual_blue

FFS on 09:07 - Aug 8 by Dyland

"Otherwise he's not been putting actual money in but just raising the debt - surely?"

Eh? And eh again? I just don't know how to answer this. Er. The business costs need paying ffs. You know, wages and bills and all that. So yes, all of ITFC's suppliers or vendors or staff, need "actual money". The same as you expect from your employer, and the same as you pay to your utility and phone and whatever suppliers.

"Great bit of PR, just what the doctor ordered!! Some will be taken in by all that for another 3 years till the next release. Words are cheap, and actions speak louder than words, I'll wait for concrete actions backing his words up. Until then #Evansout"

I mean seriously... wtf. The actions are there. I'm not an ME fan at all, but I'm also not a reality denier. What is the bloke meant to say? People may not like it, but it's just an honest assessment of where we are. Yes, his tenure has been a big sh1tter for the most part, but he hasn't benefited at all, and loses and fails with us fans, except financially. Any other theory is swivel eyed bollix.

He should liquidate all his other businesses, put an enormous pile of cash in front of the North Stand, and tell them to sort the club out.

They'd just take all the money and scuttle off to Hamilton Hall, where they'd (hopefully) drink themselves to death on mediocre beer, whilst indulging in top bantz.

At least that would make many other aspects of life better, if not the fate of ITFC.

FFS on 09:50 - Aug 8 with 3386 viewsDyland

FFS on 09:48 - Aug 8 by factual_blue

He should liquidate all his other businesses, put an enormous pile of cash in front of the North Stand, and tell them to sort the club out.

They'd just take all the money and scuttle off to Hamilton Hall, where they'd (hopefully) drink themselves to death on mediocre beer, whilst indulging in top bantz.

At least that would make many other aspects of life better, if not the fate of ITFC.

That's what I'd do tbh... though probs the Arcade Tavern, via my mescaline dealer.

FFS on 09:52 - Aug 8 with 3385 viewsfooters

FFS on 09:07 - Aug 8 by Dyland

The posters who doubt ME's explanation should try paying their gas bill and council tax with the same imaginary money ME uses.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

FFS on 10:06 - Aug 8 with 3363 viewsPrideOfTheEast

FFS on 09:52 - Aug 8 by footers

The posters who doubt ME's explanation should try paying their gas bill and council tax with the same imaginary money ME uses.

100%.
FFS on 10:56 - Aug 8 with 3330 viewsSwansea_Blue

FFS on 09:52 - Aug 8 by footers

It works, as long as you BELIEEEVE hard enough

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What do you think staff and suppliers get paid with? Promises and IOUs? on 11:03 - Aug 8 with 3328 viewsDyland

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 22:14 - Aug 7 by King_ding_a_lin_g

What do you think staff and suppliers get paid with? Promises and IOUs?

Of course he puts actual cash in... whether it’s from his own bank account or via his other companies, what difference does that make?

Hugs and smiles and kisses? Rainbows?

FFS on 11:13 - Aug 8 with 3309 viewsfooters

FFS on 10:56 - Aug 8 by Swansea_Blue

Cher does it all the time.

FFS on 11:21 - Aug 8 with 3292 viewsfactual_blue

Yeah, but Derby County....

FFS on 11:21 - Aug 8 with 3291 viewseireblue

That’s how magic money trees are grown, so should work fine for football finances and bills.

They don’t help with CO2 reduction, so I don’t bother.

Over summer hols, sometimes you get distracted and don’t believe hard enough, and they can wither away very quickly.
FFS on 11:22 - Aug 8 with 3289 viewsfactual_blue

FFS on 09:50 - Aug 8 by Dyland

That's what I'd do tbh... though probs the Arcade Tavern, via my mescaline dealer.

But Hamilton Hall is a Top Day Out.

End Of.

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 11:30 - Aug 8 with 3279 viewsTractorBoyOlly

I'd be interested to know what the total of sell-on fees we've received is, we must be approaching at least half of this so called £9m gap.

Poll: Final points total?

FFS on 11:32 - Aug 8 with 3274 viewsartsbossbeard

FFS on 09:50 - Aug 8 by Dyland

Just the one round then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

"we must be approaching at least half of this so called £9m gap" on 11:33 - Aug 8 with 3273 viewsDyland

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 11:30 - Aug 8 by TractorBoyOlly

I'd be interested to know what the total of sell-on fees we've received is, we must be approaching at least half of this so called £9m gap.

Love the superfluous "so called" :)

Who cares?

Let's cross our fingers Warburton doesn't put in another bid for Judge, then see how we do over August.

COYFB

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 11:34 - Aug 8 with 3267 viewsfooters

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 11:30 - Aug 8 by TractorBoyOlly

So-called? It's an actual £9m drop in revenue. What's 'so-called' about that?

Jesus wept. Even when it's in black and white some people still won't believe it.

FFS on 11:34 - Aug 8 with 3264 viewsDyland

FFS on 11:32 - Aug 8 by artsbossbeard

Just the one round then.

Of mescaline?

How much money has ME ACTUALLY put in? on 11:37 - Aug 8 with 3248 viewsbrazil1982

I'd be interested in the breakdown of the cost of an Academy - millions / year to run? Am I being naiive?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024