Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert is in danger of ... 17:25 - Dec 21 with 2488 viewsArnieM

Throwing away a very good chance to get promoted this season because he’s trying to be “ all things to all people” .

He’s excellent at PR and bringing people together. But IMO he’s not ruthless enough with the players at the Club.

Week in week out he’s changing the team on a wholesale basis. So from a player’s perspective, what’s the point in busting a gut and having the desire to make their presence felt in the team for that week, when there’s every probability that player will be dropped for the next game?

Lambert has to change what he’s doing. The worrying thing for me now is I am starting to doubt Lamberts tactical / managerial nounce. He is going here exactly what he did at Villa -chopping / changing the team Every game .

Town for me now, are ( and have been for a while ) in free fall from the early seasons form and I’m sad to say I place this firmly at Lambert’s decision making .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lambert is in danger of ... on 17:45 - Dec 21 with 2429 viewsbackwaywhen

When will it sink in with Town fans ... Lambert is NOT a good manager , it was his sidekick Culverhouse that put the jigsaw together on the pitch , PL is lost without him , since they fell out at Villa he has done nothing .
Lambert is in danger of ... on 18:06 - Dec 21 with 2378 viewsArnieM

Lambert is in danger of ... on 17:45 - Dec 21 by backwaywhen

When will it sink in with Town fans ... Lambert is NOT a good manager , it was his sidekick Culverhouse that put the jigsaw together on the pitch , PL is lost without him , since they fell out at Villa he has done nothing .

Maybe it’s was the Lambert: Culverhouse PARTNERSHIP that was the real success!

Culverhouse is hardly setting the game alight on His own right now is he - ( manager at KingLynn ?)

Lambert is in danger of ... on 18:45 - Dec 21 with 2274 viewsallezlesbleus

Surely he needs to decide his best team and stick with it for half a dozen games and see if the players eventually form some sort of understanding.

I can understand the odd change due to lack of form, injury or suspension, but to make between 4 and 6 changes most matches Is mental.

A couple of good wins would put us back on track, but several times we seem to go one half without even a shot on target.

Feel sorry for the fantastic supporters who are continuing to follow us home and away......especially days like today, in dire weather, problems on the rail etc. The players need to have a good look at themselves and Lambert, especially, needs to find his best 11 and give them a chance to shine. Most fans would have gone ape shoite at the end of last season, but our fans showed their true support and backed the club. IT IS TIME THESE FANS GOT SOMETHING BACK.
Lambert is in danger of ... on 18:51 - Dec 21 with 2218 viewsChrisd

Lambert is in danger of ... on 18:06 - Dec 21 by ArnieM

Maybe it’s was the Lambert: Culverhouse PARTNERSHIP that was the real success!

Culverhouse is hardly setting the game alight on His own right now is he - ( manager at KingLynn ?)

Kings Lynn are currently top of National League North division, 3 points clear of York City with a game in hand. He can't really be doing much more at the level of football he is managing at.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert is in danger of ... on 19:13 - Dec 21 with 2154 viewsbadadski

Lambert is in danger of ... on 18:51 - Dec 21 by Chrisd

Kings Lynn are currently top of National League North division, 3 points clear of York City with a game in hand. He can't really be doing much more at the level of football he is managing at.

Until he has a fit and playable left back and right back to revert to the standard 442 that had us winning most games at the start with Garbutt left wing, and judge playing that people were moaning about, then he has no choice due to injuries and trash players that he doesn’t trust ak Donacien, cotter, kenlock.

It will be the first January signings I reckon. Probably loan right back to due KvY injury but a left back is properly needed to stop having to play wingers as defenders.
Lambert is in danger of ... on 19:18 - Dec 21 with 2135 viewsBlueNode

Lambert is in danger of ... on 17:45 - Dec 21 by backwaywhen

It wasn't a case of them falling out at Villa... more a case of Lambert stabbing Culverhouse in the front and the back to save his own skin.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Lambert is in danger of ... on 20:24 - Dec 21 with 1959 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is in danger of ... on 18:45 - Dec 21 by allezlesbleus

Surely he needs to decide his best team and stick with it for half a dozen games and see if the players eventually form some sort of understanding.

I can understand the odd change due to lack of form, injury or suspension, but to make between 4 and 6 changes most matches Is mental.

A couple of good wins would put us back on track, but several times we seem to go one half without even a shot on target.

Feel sorry for the fantastic supporters who are continuing to follow us home and away......especially days like today, in dire weather, problems on the rail etc. The players need to have a good look at themselves and Lambert, especially, needs to find his best 11 and give them a chance to shine. Most fans would have gone ape shoite at the end of last season, but our fans showed their true support and backed the club. IT IS TIME THESE FANS GOT SOMETHING BACK.

He's not managed to settle on a best XI in the past year, he's not going to suddenly do it over Christmas.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert is in danger of ... on 20:29 - Dec 21 with 1940 viewsHullblue

Lambert is in danger of ... on 19:18 - Dec 21 by BlueNode

It wasn't a case of them falling out at Villa... more a case of Lambert stabbing Culverhouse in the front and the back to save his own skin.

What happened?

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert is in danger of ... on 20:51 - Dec 21 with 1833 viewsbackwaywhen

Lambert is in danger of ... on 18:51 - Dec 21 by Chrisd

He also took over last season when they were struggling, he was the vital cog in the Nodge success and without him Lambert is clueless, inept and quite honestly not very good as a manager !
Lambert is in danger of ... on 21:13 - Dec 21 with 1752 viewslambo77

Lambert is in danger of ... on 19:13 - Dec 21 by badadski

Until he has a fit and playable left back and right back to revert to the standard 442 that had us winning most games at the start with Garbutt left wing, and judge playing that people were moaning about, then he has no choice due to injuries and trash players that he doesn’t trust ak Donacien, cotter, kenlock.

It will be the first January signings I reckon. Probably loan right back to due KvY injury but a left back is properly needed to stop having to play wingers as defenders.

exactly, I'll give him the January window at least
Lambert is in danger of ... on 23:32 - Dec 21 with 1586 viewsBlueNode

Lambert is in danger of ... on 20:29 - Dec 21 by Hullblue

What happened?

Prima donna lazy overpaid squad members staged a dressing room coup... rather than front it out Lambert took the easy option and the axe fell on Culverhouse's neck... it was all downhill after that.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 23:36]

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Lambert is in danger of ... on 23:57 - Dec 21 with 1535 viewspointofblue

Donacien and Kenlock started the season; as far as I'm aware both are currently match fit for a 4-4-2. Our biggest worry is who we'd play at right wing as we don't have even a Garbutt equivalent there. Personally I'd probably risk Dobra but that may leave us a bit weak defensively.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert is in danger of ... on 01:51 - Dec 22 with 1461 viewsFartman

Lambert is in danger of ... on 23:57 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

Donacien and Kenlock started the season; as far as I'm aware both are currently match fit for a 4-4-2. Our biggest worry is who we'd play at right wing as we don't have even a Garbutt equivalent there. Personally I'd probably risk Dobra but that may leave us a bit weak defensively.

With Donacien a more defensive focused full back, It wouldn’t be the a big problem to play Dobs. The balance would be just fine. Edwards doesn’t bring anything to the table...

We also need to play Jackson instead of Keane. We are so pedestriant, that we need all the pace we have got in the starting 11. How often do we see an Ipswich player beat his opponent on pure pace or skills?

Get Smith and ship Nsiala out as he’s a liability. I don’t understand why he didn’t start Wilson today. The squad is to big, so Lambert is over rotating to keep everyone happy. Toto in against Pompey, is a great example of this. A left sided defender would give us a more balanced back line.

My biggest Worry would be that so many players have gone of the boil at the same time...

Norwood should at least have hit the target and how Keane missed his golden chance beats me.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Lambert is in danger of ... on 09:02 - Dec 22 with 1352 viewsArnieM

Lambert is in danger of ... on 01:51 - Dec 22 by Fartman

With Donacien a more defensive focused full back, It wouldn’t be the a big problem to play Dobs. The balance would be just fine. Edwards doesn’t bring anything to the table...

We also need to play Jackson instead of Keane. We are so pedestriant, that we need all the pace we have got in the starting 11. How often do we see an Ipswich player beat his opponent on pure pace or skills?

Get Smith and ship Nsiala out as he’s a liability. I don’t understand why he didn’t start Wilson today. The squad is to big, so Lambert is over rotating to keep everyone happy. Toto in against Pompey, is a great example of this. A left sided defender would give us a more balanced back line.

My biggest Worry would be that so many players have gone of the boil at the same time...

Norwood should at least have hit the target and how Keane missed his golden chance beats me.

So many players have gone off the boil because they have no incentive to remain focused on playing at the top of their game- because next game they’ll likely be rotated out of the “ team” again.
This rotation system is having the exact Opposite effect Lambert is looking for.

Lambert is in danger of ... on 09:07 - Dec 22 with 1338 viewssparks

Lambert is in danger of ... on 01:51 - Dec 22 by Fartman

Edwards isnt great- but he did bring something tot he table when fit, playing regularly, and knowing his role in the team.

The level of rotation and disruption is ridiculous and inexplicable now.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert is in danger of ... on 09:08 - Dec 22 with 1335 viewssparks

Lambert is in danger of ... on 09:02 - Dec 22 by ArnieM

So many players have gone off the boil because they have no incentive to remain focused on playing at the top of their game- because next game they’ll likely be rotated out of the “ team” again.
This rotation system is having the exact Opposite effect Lambert is looking for.

I think that is probably unfair on some of them. But it may be part of the reason. The reality is that you dont get the best out of players who are not match sharp by playing regularly, and getting to know their team mates under pressure. Confidence then dribbles away and you get a self reinforcing cycle.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert is in danger of ... on 09:20 - Dec 22 with 1297 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambert is in danger of ... on 20:29 - Dec 21 by Hullblue

What happened?

Culverhouse was suspended & thrown out of Villa, allegedly for bullying.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lambert is in danger of ... on 11:48 - Dec 22 with 1177 viewsArnieM

Lambert is in danger of ... on 09:20 - Dec 22 by Radlett_blue

Culverhouse was suspended & thrown out of Villa, allegedly for bullying.

Hard man : soft man combo then . Bit like SBR : Ferguson ( just in those days bullying wasn’t recognised!

Lambert is in danger of ... on 11:55 - Dec 22 with 1156 viewsHerbivore

Donacien has started several times in the league and we've not lost any game he's started. He's done fine as cover at right back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024