Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore 09:48 - Apr 14 with 4530 viewsArnieM

This 99yr old Army Veteran has now raised IN EXCESS of £1.1m for the NHS ( his goal was to raise just a £1k !!) by walking 10 laps a day round his garden on his frame , hoping to reach 100 laps by the time he reaches his 100th Birthday at the end of the month. He has achieved this in just one week!

This man epitomises everything that is great about this Country 🇬🇧 . Well done Sir 👍🌈🌈

Anyone wanting To contribute go to Just giving Tom Moore 👍
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 9:49]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:52 - Apr 14 with 3674 viewsUB9Blue

A great achievement and a great feel good story to cheer people up.
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 10:05 - Apr 14 with 3653 viewsChurchman

He is a real hero. Giving out gongs to footballers, cricketers, actors, famous people, politicians etc? I wouldn’t. They should be for people that do exceptional things like him.
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 13:53 - Apr 14 with 3564 viewsEastTownBlue

Not far away from £1.9m now. Hopefully will pass the £2m mark by the end of the afternoon.
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:14 - Apr 15 with 3462 viewsArnieM

Well who’d have thought it possible. Capt. Town is still doing 10 laps a day bless him and the donations towards him and the 🌈NHS🌈 now stands at over £7.2m

I REALLY hope this “ young” man is bestowed a great honour by The Oueen, because he sure as hell deserves it.

The money is going towards Sleep pods for NHS ITU staff s9 they can get some rest in ITU during their 12 hour shifts. Respite places for their families, Well being packs for NHS staff involved ( don’t know what’s in this btw), Communication links for ( I think), affected patients and their families, and NHS staff and their families.

April 30th is Capt. Tom ‘s 100 Birthday. Wishing him a very happy Birthday , and “ thank you “ for walking this distance every day. I can think of fair few people a lot, lot younger than this that could not do this amount of exercise, so for a centurion to do this is remarkable.

Good on yer Sir. 🌈 NHS 🌈👍

Just had to edit his birthday date . Sorry guys it’s actually on the 30th not tomorrow as I initially stated .
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 17:37]

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:30 - Apr 15 with 3442 viewsBrixtonBlue

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:14 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

Well who’d have thought it possible. Capt. Town is still doing 10 laps a day bless him and the donations towards him and the 🌈NHS🌈 now stands at over £7.2m

I REALLY hope this “ young” man is bestowed a great honour by The Oueen, because he sure as hell deserves it.

The money is going towards Sleep pods for NHS ITU staff s9 they can get some rest in ITU during their 12 hour shifts. Respite places for their families, Well being packs for NHS staff involved ( don’t know what’s in this btw), Communication links for ( I think), affected patients and their families, and NHS staff and their families.

April 30th is Capt. Tom ‘s 100 Birthday. Wishing him a very happy Birthday , and “ thank you “ for walking this distance every day. I can think of fair few people a lot, lot younger than this that could not do this amount of exercise, so for a centurion to do this is remarkable.

Good on yer Sir. 🌈 NHS 🌈👍

Just had to edit his birthday date . Sorry guys it’s actually on the 30th not tomorrow as I initially stated .
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 17:37]

I was listening in the shower this morning when it passed £5m. Incredible stuff. Surprised your thread hasn't had more views/posts. Such a great story when there are so few about at the moment.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:41 - Apr 15 with 3437 viewsKeno

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:30 - Apr 15 by BrixtonBlue

I was listening in the shower this morning when it passed £5m. Incredible stuff. Surprised your thread hasn't had more views/posts. Such a great story when there are so few about at the moment.

could you not have just said I was listening this morning when it passed £5m

just cant get image out my head ......

[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 15:51]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 16:25 - Apr 15 with 3408 viewsEdwardStone

Linky to donate if anyone has a shilling or two to spare

[www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tomswalkforthenhs?fbclid=IwAR3HQz6_xVcHfcCwnhBrmOp8meqzQG7FT0-ZTqjwBp2WAeiDh8ft1-8V3BA]
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 18:04]
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 16:28 - Apr 15 with 3397 viewsChutney

£7.6m now! Wow.
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 17:38 - Apr 15 with 3355 viewsAce_High1

A great idea and what a lovely thing to do, well done Tom!
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 17:39 - Apr 15 with 3354 viewsArnieM

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 15:30 - Apr 15 by BrixtonBlue

It’s gone viral now , hence massive increased donations , from all over the World. Which is humbling tbh .

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:52 - Apr 15 with 3287 viewsnorth_stand77

BBC now saying he has raised 9 million!!
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:55 - Apr 15 with 3286 viewsArnieM

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:52 - Apr 15 by north_stand77

BBC now saying he has raised 9 million!!

It’s absolutely incredible. The donations are increasing by £2k every click of the refresh page ... it’s currently £9.8m !!!!

He’ll hit £10m before midnight at this rate .

“Go Capt. Tom “ 🌈 NHS 🌈 👍

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 23:02 - Apr 15 with 3230 viewsnorth_stand77

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:55 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

It’s absolutely incredible. The donations are increasing by £2k every click of the refresh page ... it’s currently £9.8m !!!!

10 million!!
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 23:06 - Apr 15 with 3223 viewsArnieM

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 23:02 - Apr 15 by north_stand77

10 million!!

Yeeeeessss !!! And it’s still going up 👍

Congratulations Capt,Tom 🌈NHS🌈 what a remarkable achievement. If there’s any good to come out if this it’ll be to support these very brave NHS workers putting their lives in the kind for all of us in the front line . I’m many ways Captain Tom Moore is the perfect man to have raised this money . He was also on the front line in WW2 .

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 23:10 - Apr 15 with 3222 viewsBrixtonBlue

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 21:55 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

Hit it already. Amazing!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 23:11 - Apr 15 with 3220 viewsBrixtonBlue

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 23:06 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

Yeeeeessss !!! And it’s still going up 👍

Congratulations Capt,Tom 🌈NHS🌈 what a remarkable achievement. If there’s any good to come out if this it’ll be to support these very brave NHS workers putting their lives in the kind for all of us in the front line . I’m many ways Captain Tom Moore is the perfect man to have raised this money . He was also on the front line in WW2 .

When you compare this guy to what that tw@ Trump is doing...

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 02:45 - Apr 16 with 3170 viewsjeera

It's certainly a heartwarming and uplifting story amidst the rest of the sh1tshow that is the world at the moment.

Good for him.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 07:14 - Apr 16 with 3133 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

What a guy.
Over £12 million now.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 08:29 - Apr 16 with 3078 viewsGlasgowBlue

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 07:14 - Apr 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

What a guy.
Over £12 million now.

Deserving of a knighthood at the very least. Well done Captain Tom. A credit to the nation.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 08:46 - Apr 16 with 3070 viewsBloomBlue

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 07:14 - Apr 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

What a guy.
Over £12 million now.

Amazing, from a target of £1000 to reaching over £12million
Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 08:55 - Apr 16 with 3054 viewsSwailsey

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 08:46 - Apr 16 by BloomBlue

Amazing, from a target of £1000 to reaching over £12million

Oh my, that brought a tear to my eye. Lordy. Congrats Tom. Knight him!!!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:14 - Apr 16 with 3039 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It is at times like this that I just think there must be something wrong with me!
#keepyourthoughtstoyourselfbankster

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:28 - Apr 16 with 3027 viewsSwailsey

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:14 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

It is at times like this that I just think there must be something wrong with me!
#keepyourthoughtstoyourselfbankster

Go on, I'll bite.

What could possibly be bad about this story?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:38 - Apr 16 with 3021 viewsSteve_M

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:28 - Apr 16 by Swailsey

Go on, I'll bite.

What could possibly be bad about this story?

How about that the health service should be funded by taxation and that £12 million is a small drop in the budget, indeed it's around one 30th of a big red bus?

Tom Moore has done a very good thing and I'm glad it's inspired people but the news coverage is very much of the 'bread and circuses variety'.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:42 - Apr 16 with 3013 viewsSwailsey

Congratulations Capt. Tom Moore on 09:38 - Apr 16 by Steve_M

How about that the health service should be funded by taxation and that £12 million is a small drop in the budget, indeed it's around one 30th of a big red bus?

Tom Moore has done a very good thing and I'm glad it's inspired people but the news coverage is very much of the 'bread and circuses variety'.

Sure. But no one on here is congratulating the news or even mentioning their coverage in a positive light.

Let's just enjoy the fact that Tom and the public have come together surely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024