Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Coronavirus briefing 17:40 - Apr 21 with 1199 viewsfactual_blue

matt hancock was woeful.

He's a dead man walking.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 17:44 - Apr 21 with 1197 viewsBlueBadger

A senior colleague of mine described him as making 'his predecessor look like an intellectual titan'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 17:51 - Apr 21 with 1159 viewsTractorWood

To think that man has become in charge of anything should bring hope and panic to us all.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 23:26 - Apr 21 with 968 viewsbournemouthblue

Since Boris seems to have retired, I relish Matt Hancock appearing not because I like him, simply because I have coined what were Boris Briefings as Hancock's Half Hour

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 07:14 - Apr 22 with 879 viewsSteve_M

Dom was briefing to the Telegraph about how badly he had done. Pretty clear who the government's next scapegoat will be.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 08:19 - Apr 22 with 798 viewsPlums

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 07:14 - Apr 22 by Steve_M

Dom was briefing to the Telegraph about how badly he had done. Pretty clear who the government's next scapegoat will be.

The three envelopes being opened. One by one...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 08:21 - Apr 22 with 796 viewsChurchman

He is laughably weak. Hancock with a silent Han. He never appears to me in control of anything including his own mouth and his performance at those briefings is abject. He’s not even a good liar. He got off lightly yesterday too. Gavin Williamson managed to be even worse. Sweating while he stared goggle-eyed at his badly prepared notes, he hadn’t the faintest idea about any of it. That little man Jenrick wasn’t a lot better.

On the upside, Sunek comes across well and though I know exactly what Gove is, to be fair I think has done ok at the lectern. Alok Sharma, though reminding me of an evil Thunderbirds puppet, has performed creditably too. As for Raab, I know he is useless from his DExEU days and there’s nothing I’ve seen to suggest he has improved. Overall, a hapless shower with a few exceptions.
Today's Coronavirus briefing on 08:39 - Apr 22 with 762 viewsgordon

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 08:21 - Apr 22 by Churchman

He is laughably weak. Hancock with a silent Han. He never appears to me in control of anything including his own mouth and his performance at those briefings is abject. He’s not even a good liar. He got off lightly yesterday too. Gavin Williamson managed to be even worse. Sweating while he stared goggle-eyed at his badly prepared notes, he hadn’t the faintest idea about any of it. That little man Jenrick wasn’t a lot better.

On the upside, Sunek comes across well and though I know exactly what Gove is, to be fair I think has done ok at the lectern. Alok Sharma, though reminding me of an evil Thunderbirds puppet, has performed creditably too. As for Raab, I know he is useless from his DExEU days and there’s nothing I’ve seen to suggest he has improved. Overall, a hapless shower with a few exceptions.

The questioning of Hancock was really weak - even so he looked on the verge of capitulation, to be honest, like he knows Cummings is going to throw him under the bus to shield Johnson from criticism.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 8:40]
Today's Coronavirus briefing on 09:21 - Apr 22 with 711 viewsSwansea_Blue

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 08:21 - Apr 22 by Churchman

Funny what happens when you fill a cabinet full of sycophants rather than people with some professional competence, innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 09:31 - Apr 22 with 684 viewsElephantintheRoom

The thing is its not really his fault. A cabal of bigotted extremists with very little intelligence,, work ethic or ability were voted in to 'get Brexit done'

Along comes a pandemic which requires vision, ability, work ethic and a belief in the welfare state at the very time that a lying incompetent has assembled the most useless and inexperienced cabinet in British political history.

Yes Hancock is useless -- and was exposed as a lying incompetent months ago.... but he is merely part of a system that ultimately the fault of the British people

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 09:32 - Apr 22 with 681 viewsHerbivore

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 09:21 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

Funny what happens when you fill a cabinet full of sycophants rather than people with some professional competence, innit.

Exactly this. They are all simply the most ardent believers or the ones with few enough principles to pretend as much. There is barely an ounce of talent in the entire cabinet. How the likes of Patel, Raab, Hancock and Johnson are anywhere near high office is somewhat mystifying. It's the sign of a broken democracy if this shower is the best we can muster.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 09:44 - Apr 22 with 668 viewsChurchman

Today's Coronavirus briefing on 09:21 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

I think competence is a rare commodity in the HoC. There are some, who I’ve named in other posts, that are, but they don’t tend to get put in senior jobs. I don’t think the opposition of all persuasions have much to crow about either.

I genuinely think there is something wrong with a political system that produces so many inadequates. For starters I’d ban all professional politicians. Being an advisor to a Minister (a sure way to get into a political career these days) qualifies you for nothing in my book. And to be really controversial, I’d vote for proportional representation too. Let’s face it ‘first past the post’ has produced more failures and useless people than it has good ones, so why not try a more representative system?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024