Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? 14:22 - May 13 with 2430 viewsAsh1987

Some people will disagree entirely, but if you cannot finish the season then there has to be other things to consider as it is not a fair and complete competition. There are loads of proposals, points per game, playoffs, end the season in current position, even weighting of your home and away form. The amount of fans turning up has to play a part, you cannot promote a team and end the season now for a team who is 1 point ahead of another club yet they get 15,000 less fans at home. The home support for the club who get thousands more will likely play a big part near the end of the season.

The top 3 average attendances in the league are Portsmouth, Sunderland and Ipswich. For example, look at the league table, Portsmouth average 11,000 more at home than Oxford do, Oxford are directly above them in the league, so for every thousand more fans Portsmouth get they 0.5 points added to their current total if the season cannot be completed. Do this for every club in the league for the team above you. If they have a higher attendance above you then you don't get any points. The team at the top of the league will compare to the team 2nd as no one above them.

There has to be alternative proposals than some of those on the team currently.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:23 - May 13 with 1466 viewsfooters

No.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:23 - May 13 with 1466 viewsSteve_M

Mate, this is pathetic even by the standards of your usual drivel.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:27 - May 13 with 1447 viewsAsh1987

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:23 - May 13 by Steve_M

Mate, this is pathetic even by the standards of your usual drivel.

No.

How can it be fair that a team that is one point ahead with 9 games left gets promoted, when the team 1 point below for example has thousands more home fans that will likely play a big part to the end of the season. The team slightly below will in all likelihood finish above the team 1 point head near the end of the season with sellout crowds.

How is it fair to promote the top 3 when any of 7/8 teams below, excluding attendances for a second, could easily overtake?
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:42 - May 13 with 1412 viewsgainsboroughblue

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:27 - May 13 by Ash1987

No.

How can it be fair that a team that is one point ahead with 9 games left gets promoted, when the team 1 point below for example has thousands more home fans that will likely play a big part to the end of the season. The team slightly below will in all likelihood finish above the team 1 point head near the end of the season with sellout crowds.

How is it fair to promote the top 3 when any of 7/8 teams below, excluding attendances for a second, could easily overtake?

Did the 4,000 Pompey who got stranded on the M6 due to 150 odd coaches breaking down, get home ok?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:44 - May 13 with 1407 viewspatrickswell

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:27 - May 13 by Ash1987

No.

If the Lambert era has shown us anything, it’s that Portman Road could be sold out for every home game and our heroes would only be able to serve up a run of 1-1 draws at best.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:47 - May 13 with 1400 viewsuefacup81

I think you're a bit lost, pal...

http://thepompeychimes.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:53 - May 13 with 1383 viewsPJH

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:42 - May 13 by gainsboroughblue

Did the 4,000 Pompey who got stranded on the M6 due to 150 odd coaches breaking down, get home ok?

They are now wandering around the Wembley area,two metres apart of course,waiting for the other 350,000 supporters joining them for the game against Salford.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 14:56 - May 13 with 1376 viewsSitfcB

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I’ve heard it all now.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:04 - May 13 with 1356 viewsfactual_blue

No.

You're quite obsessed with massive attendances, aren't you?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:11 - May 13 with 1342 viewsAsh1987

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:04 - May 13 by factual_blue

You're quite obsessed with massive attendances, aren't you?

No i'm not.

Ipswich still have a great chance of playoffs.

How is it fair Oxford will finish 3rd if the season ended now, above Portsmouth, on goal difference? Portsmouth get many more fans and that will make a big difference come the remaining home games.

Same with Sunderland and their push for the playoffs.

Instead of everyone dismissing what i am saying, actually think about what I am proposing and it makes sense.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:13 - May 13 with 1331 viewsfooters

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:11 - May 13 by Ash1987

No i'm not.

How is it fair Oxford will finish 3rd if the season ended now, above Portsmouth, on goal difference? Portsmouth get many more fans and that will make a big difference come the remaining home games.

Instead of everyone dismissing what i am saying, actually think about what I am proposing and it makes sense.

"How is it fair Oxford will finish 3rd if the season ended now, above Portsmouth, on goal difference?"

Because league tables are an accurate reflection of how teams have performed up to any given point in a season.

"Ipswich still have a great chance of playoffs."

Wrong again.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:24 - May 13 with 1305 viewsIpswichKnight

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:11 - May 13 by Ash1987

No i'm not.

That now makes 2 people who believe that we have a great chance of the play-offs one is a useless idiot of a manager and the other is you. No one else believes we have even the slightest chance.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:24 - May 13 with 1305 viewsAsh1987

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:13 - May 13 by footers

"How is it fair Oxford will finish 3rd if the season ended now, above Portsmouth, on goal difference?"

Because league tables are an accurate reflection of how teams have performed up to any given point in a season.

"Ipswich still have a great chance of playoffs."

Wrong again.

"Because league tables are an accurate reflection of how teams have performed up to any given point in a season."

Yes but as the season is incomplete you cannot promote a team who has a slightly better goal difference.

I am sure there will be legal challenges from Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Peterborough etc and rightly so.

Complete the season.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:32 - May 13 with 1290 viewsblueprint

No i'm not.

By the way if Portsmouth are so massive how come they finished well below us in the recent all time average attendance. And don’t give us that old crap about how your grounds not big enough. Even when it was larger in the 80a you still didn’t fill it.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:35 - May 13 with 1288 viewsuefacup81

No i'm not.

You utter c0ckwomble.

It's not as if Portsmouth's 'oh-so-massive' attendances have helped them to overhaul Oxford in the 35 matches they've played so far, and Oxford's goal-difference isn't 'slightly' better than Portsmouth's - it's almost 50% better!

What evidence do you have to support any of your limp-wristed assertions?

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:35 - May 13 with 1282 viewsLibero

That makes even less sense than one big massive game of Wembly singles...
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:37 - May 13 with 1271 viewsuefacup81

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:35 - May 13 by Libero

That makes even less sense than one big massive game of Wembly singles...

Now there's an idea I could get behind!

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:38 - May 13 with 1269 viewsAsh1987

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:32 - May 13 by blueprint

By the way if Portsmouth are so massive how come they finished well below us in the recent all time average attendance. And don’t give us that old crap about how your grounds not big enough. Even when it was larger in the 80a you still didn’t fill it.

Ipswich aren't above Portsmouth in all time attendances. Portsmouth have soldout all but 2 home games this season in the league. With better facilities that would attract more fans too.

Portsmouth record crowd is 51,385 and Ipswich's is 38,000. Portsmouth have exceeded 40,000 many times. Ipswich haven't once got over 40k.

Portsmouth are probably the biggest club outside the Premiership's big 6.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:40 - May 13 with 1259 viewsLibero

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:38 - May 13 by Ash1987

Ipswich aren't above Portsmouth in all time attendances. Portsmouth have soldout all but 2 home games this season in the league. With better facilities that would attract more fans too.

Portsmouth record crowd is 51,385 and Ipswich's is 38,000. Portsmouth have exceeded 40,000 many times. Ipswich haven't once got over 40k.

"Portsmouth are probably the biggest club outside the Premiership's big 6."

u okay hun?
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:41 - May 13 with 1259 viewsuefacup81

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:38 - May 13 by Ash1987

If you care to define the 'big six' I'll gladly list at least ten clubs that are bigger than Portsmouth.

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:41 - May 13 with 1254 viewsLibero

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:37 - May 13 by uefacup81

Now there's an idea I could get behind!

Jaime Peters style petition, lets make it happen.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:43 - May 13 with 1252 viewsAsh1987

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:41 - May 13 by uefacup81

If you care to define the 'big six' I'll gladly list at least ten clubs that are bigger than Portsmouth.

Arsenal
Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man City
Spurs

Portsmouth, Villa, Everton and Leeds, Newcastle all on a similar level.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:44 - May 13 with 1239 viewsSpruceMoose

You've caught a few here!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:47 - May 13 with 1235 viewsAsh1987

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:44 - May 13 by SpruceMoose

You've caught a few here!

What?

2 fa cup finals since 2008. 5 in total. 2 since 2008, no club outside the top 6 can match that.
Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:54 - May 13 with 1202 viewsSpruceMoose

Should attendances be taken into account for the outcome of the season? on 15:47 - May 13 by Ash1987

What?

2 fa cup finals since 2008. 5 in total. 2 since 2008, no club outside the top 6 can match that.

Arf! You're not catching me! Good work here though, seriosuly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024