Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger 17:09 - Sep 19 with 1790 viewsMatt_Netherlands

... and we could really be a force.

Wishful thinking I know. The midfield three seem to be gelling well, but I still feel we need more going forwards to open teams up in the final third.

Maybe a PL youngster on loan for one and a league 1/2 cheap signing for the other to keep us in the wage cap?
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 17:11 - Sep 19 with 1770 viewsMonkeyAlan

Trouble is we can't spend decent money on decent players under the new wage cap rules. Doesn't matter how much we sell anyone for.
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 17:15 - Sep 19 with 1728 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson could actually score a few playing through the centre with the number of balls in behind we are playing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 17:16 - Sep 19 with 1704 viewsMullet

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 17:15 - Sep 19 by StokieBlue

Jackson could actually score a few playing through the centre with the number of balls in behind we are playing.

SB

Plus we haven’t sold him, so spending the money will be tough.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 17:37 - Sep 19 with 1620 viewsBloomBlue

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 17:11 - Sep 19 by MonkeyAlan

Trouble is we can't spend decent money on decent players under the new wage cap rules. Doesn't matter how much we sell anyone for.

I do find it strange even funny how some fans cannot grasp the impact the wage cap has and the reason why ME never wanted it
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 18:19 - Sep 19 with 1499 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 17:37 - Sep 19 by BloomBlue

I do find it strange even funny how some fans cannot grasp the impact the wage cap has and the reason why ME never wanted it

Eh? Wasn’t proposing we hijack Spurs’ move for Gareth Bale!

Young PL loan = hopefully little to no wage contribution

League 1/2 signing = enough wiggle room once Jackson has gone, assuming he earns around £5k a week or so
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 18:32 - Sep 19 with 1441 viewsGeoffSentence

What Jackson money?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 18:34 - Sep 19 with 1435 viewsITFC_96

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 18:19 - Sep 19 by Matt_Netherlands

League 1/2 signing = enough wiggle room once Jackson has gone, assuming he earns around £5k a week or so

Develop a youngster for a PL team and send our own ones out on loan, for what reason exactly?
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 18:36 - Sep 19 with 1424 viewsSamWhiteUK

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 18:19 - Sep 19 by Matt_Netherlands

If I understand correctly, letting Jackson go would only free up £2k of the wage budget, as this year that's all he's counted as earning.

(And that £2k is just taken from the wage cap divided by average squad size, again, as far as I'm aware)
Login to get fewer ads

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 20:26 - Sep 19 with 1291 viewsJamestownPrince

We have 2 strikers out injured, I would rather try and get a kid in on loan from a Premier League team with a bit of U23 background,
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 20:34 - Sep 19 with 1257 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 20:26 - Sep 19 by JamestownPrince

We have 2 strikers out injured, I would rather try and get a kid in on loan from a Premier League team with a bit of U23 background,

We need to get goals from other areas of the pitch. If we keep creating chances whoever plays up front should score a few too.

Sears, Edwards and the midfield need to step up with goals. The first two have a history for doing so when given the opportunity.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 21:23 - Sep 19 with 1124 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 18:34 - Sep 19 by ITFC_96

Develop a youngster for a PL team and send our own ones out on loan, for what reason exactly?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather it was one of our own scoring our goals but Morris is our for a while, same for Drinnan and then Simpson doesn’t seem to be getting much of a look in. If it helps us get promoted this season and gives us younger players with more experience under their belts to use next season (Thhnk Downes and Woolfenden) then I’ve got no problem supplementing our team with a loan (or two). Very different situation compared to 3-5+ years ago when the core of our squad were all loans which wasn’t sustainable.
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 22:35 - Sep 19 with 1032 viewsITFC_96

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 21:23 - Sep 19 by Matt_Netherlands

Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather it was one of our own scoring our goals but Morris is our for a while, same for Drinnan and then Simpson doesn’t seem to be getting much of a look in. If it helps us get promoted this season and gives us younger players with more experience under their belts to use next season (Thhnk Downes and Woolfenden) then I’ve got no problem supplementing our team with a loan (or two). Very different situation compared to 3-5+ years ago when the core of our squad were all loans which wasn’t sustainable.

Would rather someone permanent instead of developing a PL team's players (and probably footing the bill for it too). What impression does that give to our youngsters if they get sent on loan, and the club brings someone else in to do their job?
Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 02:36 - Sep 20 with 887 viewsstiff_talking

Spend the Jackson money on a striker and an out and out winger on 22:35 - Sep 19 by ITFC_96

Would rather someone permanent instead of developing a PL team's players (and probably footing the bill for it too). What impression does that give to our youngsters if they get sent on loan, and the club brings someone else in to do their job?

Evans is not one to buy players for any big money so all we get
Via player sales is punt attractively priced replacements. (Aka Hawkins)
This was annual history for years before the salary cap and Evans faced his own business losses.
Given history why sell anyone ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024