Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancelling Season ticket?? 19:07 - Sep 23 with 4414 viewsgeavesie

Due to the current Covid 19 situation not improving regarding attending Portman Rd. Do you incur any penalties for cancelling Season tkt ??? Paying money for nothing at the moment. Didn’t mind for a few months but I honestly can’t see me being aloud back in ground this season.Renew again when we can attend. Any info would be appreciated.
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 19:13 - Sep 23 with 4384 viewsBlueBadger

Frankly, if I was an ST holder, and could afford it(and frankly, if I've bought an ST, I can afford it) I'd suck it up and write off the money. Times are hard enough for clubs right now.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 19:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 19:18 - Sep 23 with 4348 viewsdavblue

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 19:13 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

Frankly, if I was an ST holder, and could afford it(and frankly, if I've bought an ST, I can afford it) I'd suck it up and write off the money. Times are hard enough for clubs right now.

Yeah I agree with this it’s something I would do but understand why people wouldn’t.
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 19:27 - Sep 23 with 4303 viewsJakeITFC

Think you can cancel (assuming you’re paying by direct debit) but won’t get a refund of the 3/4 months already paid.

Imagine you’ll struggle to get into the ground once fans are allowed back without a season ticket, so I guess the question is whether that’s worth the money to you for that.
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 19:43 - Sep 23 with 4253 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 19:27 - Sep 23 by JakeITFC

Think you can cancel (assuming you’re paying by direct debit) but won’t get a refund of the 3/4 months already paid.

Imagine you’ll struggle to get into the ground once fans are allowed back without a season ticket, so I guess the question is whether that’s worth the money to you for that.

Paying by direct debit is a bit of a red herring in the sense that that is purely a means of spreading the cost. Technically you contract for the season, so in theory if you cancel the direct debit you are liable to pay the balance.

That said, the Club is highly unlikely to do anything if people cancel their DDs. They’d be a pretty unsympathetic bunch not to understand the predicament that fans find themselves in.

Poll: Our final position

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 19:46 - Sep 23 with 4229 viewsPJH

That is something that I am certainly intending/expecting to be doing.

When I paid upfront for my season ticket I was not expecting to actually be going to any games anytime soon.
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 20:13 - Sep 23 with 4151 viewslongtimefan

Don’t know any details about cancellation policy but it could all be torn up shortly as ITFC are currently advertising for a new Head of Ticketing.
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 20:41 - Sep 23 with 4075 viewsITFC_Forever

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 19:46 - Sep 23 by PJH

That is something that I am certainly intending/expecting to be doing.

When I paid upfront for my season ticket I was not expecting to actually be going to any games anytime soon.

Yep, me too.

Renewed and paid as a one-off payment, with my eyes wide open that I might not actually see any football “live” this season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 21:01 - Sep 23 with 4025 viewspointofblue

For me, my season ticket is getting me access to every home League game this season. I paid for it knowing it may be some time before we could return to the stafium. but I'll still get to see them. That's how I'm justifying the cost.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 21:06 - Sep 23 with 4010 viewsnodge_blue

But you can watch the games on ifollow and it helps to keep our club afloat so that we can see them in future seasons and not go the way of Wigan etc

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 22:40 - Sep 23 with 3857 viewsBlueNomad

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 21:06 - Sep 23 by nodge_blue

But you can watch the games on ifollow and it helps to keep our club afloat so that we can see them in future seasons and not go the way of Wigan etc

BlueArmy81 has bought one for himself and all his mates in order to prove his ambition for the club. Its in preparation for his bid to buy out ME! Then we will fly through the leagues!
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 22:45 - Sep 23 with 3843 viewsdominiciawful

Bloody cancel culture.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 09:32 - Sep 24 with 3573 viewsjonbull88

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 21:01 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

For me, my season ticket is getting me access to every home League game this season. I paid for it knowing it may be some time before we could return to the stafium. but I'll still get to see them. That's how I'm justifying the cost.

I brought my ticket after a lot of deliberation, based on wanting to return when we could whilst also supporting the club, even though funds are tight for me and my family. What I haven’t appreciated however is the fact I could have cancelled my ST and just brought an ifollow membership and still been better off whilst still supporting the club. Easy way the club could have stopped it for me was simply charging non ST holder £15/game.
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 09:41 - Sep 24 with 3544 viewsSouperJim

Worth considering that while the future is uncertain, it works both ways. If you cancel your direct debit and then fans are allowed back at Portman Road later in the season, you stand very little chance of being able to attend without a season ticket.

If you're likely to watch home games on ifollow anyway, I would compare the cost of your season ticket vs the cost of ifollow and consider very carefully before doing something you might regret later.

I'm in the fortunate position that the monthly cost of my season ticket is only around £20 due to the refund from last year, so there is very little difference compared to paying for two games on ifollow. Otherwise my loyalty would probably be tested, as much as I want to support the club.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 10:18 - Sep 24 with 3485 viewsTJS

I don't think there is any penalty for cancelling your direct debit.
Given that the first payment is always taken in May you are still effectively paying in advance for the matches you attend throughout the season.
In fact if you cancel early in the season you would probably have paid the equivalent of full matchday price or more for the matches you attend so the club wouldn't be losing anything.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 10:19]
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 10:56 - Sep 24 with 3428 viewscarlisleaway

Having supported the club for over 55 years, feel that those season ticket holders who are in a position to financially back the club should do so. I am sure that there will be many who cannot continue paying monthly and feel for these fans due to redundancies and lack of funds. At the end of the day I still get enjoyment out of seeing my team win on a Saturday afternoon. Marcus Evans has not pulled out of the club and still pours money into keeping Ipswich afloat, whatever fans think we could be in a dire situation without him.
Cancelling Season ticket?? on 11:05 - Sep 24 with 3405 viewsDyland

I don't think they'll bother pursuing you too aggressively if you cancelled buh, even if they had legal recourse (I didn't read the small print, if there is any).

It kind of sucks cancelling if it's ONLY due to not being able to attend. Imho :) If your income is affected and you're rejigging finances, fair enough.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 17:13 - Sep 24 with 3283 viewsWickets

Cancelling Season ticket?? on 10:56 - Sep 24 by carlisleaway

Having supported the club for over 55 years, feel that those season ticket holders who are in a position to financially back the club should do so. I am sure that there will be many who cannot continue paying monthly and feel for these fans due to redundancies and lack of funds. At the end of the day I still get enjoyment out of seeing my team win on a Saturday afternoon. Marcus Evans has not pulled out of the club and still pours money into keeping Ipswich afloat, whatever fans think we could be in a dire situation without him.

Agree totally the important point is those that can financially do so .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024