Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time 21:41 - Oct 19 with 2169 viewsBluefish

In a match in years. 5 a side and only a friendly but it is a big step. 2 years ago I went into surgery for the 4th time on my right knee after my 2nd torn acl. I had a new acl and a microfracture. This involves drilling holes into my femur for the bone marrow to come out to try and repair the missing layer of cartilage on the bone. The surgery meant I was bed ridden for 2 months and no weight bearing at all so my leg went away to no muscle at all and I had to build up to be able to stand again.
I can never play properly but have been doing bits on kicksbouts and going in goal for a while. It is miles from being ok and I still suffer with it every day. Tonight was awesome to get back out and I scored 4
More importantly my touch is still better than you know who. Form is temporary but class is permanent

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:43 - Oct 19 with 2126 viewsBluefish

And yes of course......look at me

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:52 - Oct 19 with 2089 viewsNewcyBlue

If that’s what you have been working towards, then that’s brilliant mate.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 2081 viewscatch74

Great post, doesn’t need the last bit - wish you well for your return. Sounds nasty - I’ve got a big cartilage tear, they can’t repair but my knee’s feeling as good as it has for a year or so, so thinking of trying a kick around to see how it goes. Turned down an op to cut the bit out, not sure if that was wise or not.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:56 - Oct 19 with 2071 viewsBluefish

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:52 - Oct 19 by NewcyBlue

If that’s what you have been working towards, then that’s brilliant mate.

I probably haven't because I didn't think it would happen. I struggle to even play golf so I didn't expect to play football but you always dream of it. I just gave it a go for 5 minutes and ended up playing 20 tonight. I couldn't do it if it was any more competitive and I played in my hinged brace. Bloody loved it though. I've spoken before about how giving up the game was so hard.

The simple things make the difference

Hope the family is coming on well mate. What is the latest?

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:58 - Oct 19 with 2066 viewsBluefish

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:54 - Oct 19 by catch74

Great post, doesn’t need the last bit - wish you well for your return. Sounds nasty - I’ve got a big cartilage tear, they can’t repair but my knee’s feeling as good as it has for a year or so, so thinking of trying a kick around to see how it goes. Turned down an op to cut the bit out, not sure if that was wise or not.

People often ask me if I regret the op because of the mess my knee is now but when I point out that I couldn't walk at all before it they tend to understand.

The last bit is just some fun, if people knew me more they would know I really don't take things very seriously.

Edit. Just to add i would always advise getting things fixed. My micrfracture was through years of playing without and acl
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 22:00]

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:04 - Oct 19 with 2030 viewsCoastalblue

At times you an be a d1ck but regardless of that, that's a big thing and I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you get more.

My worst was 7 months in a boot after a snapped achilles, my left calf is still about half the size of my left.

Keep at it mate, there could be a wide midfield/forward berth going somewhere, can you cover wing back at a push?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:08 - Oct 19 with 2012 viewsFixed_It

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:43 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

And yes of course......look at me

We'll forgive you just this once! ;)
Seriously, that is great news - it must have been a hellish time, and having to have repeated injury lay-offs from running I have a bit of an idea what it must mean for you to get back out there! Hope you don't suffer too much in the morning...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:11 - Oct 19 with 1997 viewsSitfcB

Down vote for the last bit bbe

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:13 - Oct 19 with 1991 viewsBluefish

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:08 - Oct 19 by Fixed_It

We'll forgive you just this once! ;)
Seriously, that is great news - it must have been a hellish time, and having to have repeated injury lay-offs from running I have a bit of an idea what it must mean for you to get back out there! Hope you don't suffer too much in the morning...

My hammy was on fire. Going to be a shocker tomorrow. I am so unfit

"I coulda been a pro mate" (n/t) on 22:17 - Oct 19 with 1973 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 1970 viewsNewcyBlue

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:56 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

I probably haven't because I didn't think it would happen. I struggle to even play golf so I didn't expect to play football but you always dream of it. I just gave it a go for 5 minutes and ended up playing 20 tonight. I couldn't do it if it was any more competitive and I played in my hinged brace. Bloody loved it though. I've spoken before about how giving up the game was so hard.

It’s brilliant that you’re able to do something that you love again!

The twins got home this afternoon. A couple of days earlier than expected. I’ve only got a couple of bits ready.

Seb will be in for a surprise tomorrow. He thinks he will be seeing them at the weekend!

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:24 - Oct 19 with 1953 viewsDubtractor

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:13 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

My hammy was on fire. Going to be a shocker tomorrow. I am so unfit

Wednesday will be the painful day - once you reach a certain age, it is day 2 that burns after playing for the first time in ages..

Had that a couple of weeks ago after the first game in 6 months, you've got a world of pain coming your way.

Well done though!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:41 - Oct 19 with 1904 viewsDarth_Koont

Well done. This forum is all about you now. 😀❤️

But seriously, good to hear. The simpler pleasures in life, like playing sport, are ultimately as important as anything else.

Pronouns: He/Him

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:46 - Oct 19 with 1889 viewsBluefish

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:19 - Oct 19 by NewcyBlue

It’s brilliant that you’re able to do something that you love again!

The twins got home this afternoon. A couple of days earlier than expected. I’ve only got a couple of bits ready.

Seb will be in for a surprise tomorrow. He thinks he will be seeing them at the weekend!

Womderful stuff. Love it

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:54 - Oct 19 with 1854 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Have you got a pass map you can show us?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 1854 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good to hear it's on the mend, sounds like a tough time.

Are we to conclude that the injury was caused by Gwion Edwards in some way?

That would explain a few things.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 02:56 - Oct 20 with 1682 viewsIllinoisblue

In an alternate universe, username EdwardsGwi is giving you dogs abuse.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 07:49 - Oct 20 with 1542 viewsBluefish

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 02:56 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

In an alternate universe, username EdwardsGwi is giving you dogs abuse.

I think he is saying I am too slow and he would beat me in a race but saying that he just lacked a 1st touch

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 08:43 - Oct 20 with 1476 viewsNewcyBlue

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 21:56 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

What’s next? A regular 20 mins in 5 a side? Refereeing?

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 08:58 - Oct 20 with 1463 viewsBluefish

I've just graced the pitch again for the 1st time on 08:43 - Oct 20 by NewcyBlue

What’s next? A regular 20 mins in 5 a side? Refereeing?

Not sure I'll push it too much. I play in a competitive 5 aside league but I'm the keeper. I am no where near ready to play outfield for that, I doubt I ever will. I am getting tempted by refereeing but my lad is still playing Sunday mornings so I'm helping out. Once he has finished playing I might take it up but depends it I get tempted by some Sunday morning golf instead.

For now I'll just enjoy the 20 mins I had and replay the goals on my head

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024