Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balmy 07:28 - Nov 2 with 2194 viewsSitfcB

I thought 14°C was ‘warm’ at 5am on the 2nd of November, but it was 17°C in Woolpit.

15°C in Corby now.

Shorts and t-shirt weather really.

Greta is fumin.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 7:29]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Balmy on 08:14 - Nov 2 with 1864 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/22/alarm-as-arctic-sea-ice-not-yet-fr

Really not good news.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Balmy on 08:18 - Nov 2 with 1841 viewseastangliaisblue

Yes, global warming is just a big joke isn't it?
Balmy on 08:31 - Nov 2 with 1820 viewsFtnfwest

Balmy on 08:14 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/22/alarm-as-arctic-sea-ice-not-yet-fr

Really not good news.

SB

was the thought not originally (or sometime after) that climate change would stop warm atlantic currents due to ice sheet melting into the sea?
Balmy on 09:21 - Nov 2 with 1742 viewsNthQldITFC

Balmy on 08:31 - Nov 2 by Ftnfwest

was the thought not originally (or sometime after) that climate change would stop warm atlantic currents due to ice sheet melting into the sea?

Yes. The melting ice reduces the salinity and thus the density of the surface water which then doesn't sink, and consequently reduces the circulation of the North Atlantic Current. Ironically, this will have a cooling effect on the UK, although that effect may well be overwhelmed by other warming effects. What is sure to result is unpredictable severe weather and destabilisation of habitats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_Deep_Water

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Balmy on 09:24 - Nov 2 with 1735 viewsStokieBlue

Balmy on 09:21 - Nov 2 by NthQldITFC

Yes. The melting ice reduces the salinity and thus the density of the surface water which then doesn't sink, and consequently reduces the circulation of the North Atlantic Current. Ironically, this will have a cooling effect on the UK, although that effect may well be overwhelmed by other warming effects. What is sure to result is unpredictable severe weather and destabilisation of habitats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_Deep_Water

Exactly.

Without the warming currents across the Atlantic London would have a climate similar to Moscow. So a possible outcome is hotter summers and much, much colder winters.

I quite like the cold Russian winter for a few days but not sure it'll be much fun for 4 months.

SB

Balmy on 09:26 - Nov 2 with 1724 viewseastangliaisblue

Balmy on 08:18 - Nov 2 by eastangliaisblue

Yes, global warming is just a big joke isn't it?

Why the downvote Mullet? I take it you think it is a big joke?
Balmy on 09:53 - Nov 2 with 1671 viewsBiGDonnie

Greta's achieved more before the end of her teens than you'll ever do in your entire life son.

Will you still be cracking jokes when your grandchildren are facing an early death because of our shortcomings?

Sitters is fumin.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Balmy on 10:33 - Nov 2 with 1610 viewsBarneycurley

Balmy on 09:53 - Nov 2 by BiGDonnie

Greta's achieved more before the end of her teens than you'll ever do in your entire life son.

Will you still be cracking jokes when your grandchildren are facing an early death because of our shortcomings?

Sitters is fumin.

What exactly has she achieved? I mean in real terms. Cure for cancer? World peace?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Login to get fewer ads

Balmy on 10:35 - Nov 2 with 1598 viewsSwailsey

Balmy on 10:33 - Nov 2 by Barneycurley

What exactly has she achieved? I mean in real terms. Cure for cancer? World peace?

What a frankly idiotic post.

If that’s the bar, then presumably since no one has achieved them, no one should be praised?

Why are people so quick to shoot down anyone doing anything that may be remotely positive.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Balmy on 10:37 - Nov 2 with 1584 viewsDanTheMan

Massively raised media profile of the impending climate disaster that has been ignored and outright denied for decades?

She has had more of an impact on the world than anyone on this site.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Balmy on 10:38 - Nov 2 with 1572 viewsDanTheMan

Balmy on 10:35 - Nov 2 by Swailsey

If that’s the bar, then presumably since no one has achieved them, no one should be praised?

Why are people so quick to shoot down anyone doing anything that may be remotely positive.

Because they've been denying it's a problem for ages and now feel guilty about it, so they take it out on her as if she's the problem.

It's actually quite a common phenomenon, they aren't annoyed about the actual bad thing happening, they're annoyed that you've brought their attention to it. You've disrupted the status quo and that angers them.

Basically, reactionaries are stupid.

Balmy on 10:39 - Nov 2 with 1562 viewsBiGDonnie

Don't lower yourself to the OPs standards, you won't be in good company.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

In this case, I'm pretty sure..... on 10:40 - Nov 2 with 1564 viewsBloots

Balmy on 10:35 - Nov 2 by Swailsey

....it's because "she's a girl".

God forbid anyone other than a white middle class bloke should have a platform.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Balmy on 10:41 - Nov 2 with 1563 viewsBarneycurley

Balmy on 10:37 - Nov 2 by DanTheMan

Massively raised media profile of the impending climate disaster that has been ignored and outright denied for decades?

She has had more of an impact on the world than anyone on this site.

No she hasn't. She is frowned upon by most hard working climate scientists. Shes a media darling because she polarises people and that sells clicks.

Absolutely amazed how intelligent people get so bought in to it.

Will she be branching out to another topic she has no actual background in?

Seriously.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Balmy on 10:43 - Nov 2 with 1553 viewsStokieBlue

Balmy on 10:41 - Nov 2 by Barneycurley

No she hasn't. She is frowned upon by most hard working climate scientists. Shes a media darling because she polarises people and that sells clicks.

Seriously.

"No she hasn't. She is frowned upon by most hard working climate scientists."

Got some evidence of that because I am pretty sure it's total nonsense.

SB

Balmy on 10:45 - Nov 2 with 1541 viewsBarneycurley

Balmy on 10:43 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

"No she hasn't. She is frowned upon by most hard working climate scientists."

Got some evidence of that because I am pretty sure it's total nonsense.

SB

Ok Bully 😏

Balmy on 10:50 - Nov 2 with 1532 viewsDanTheMan

Seriously.

Name some hard working climate scientists who frown upon her.

Her message has been "listen to the scientists" so I'm not too sure what exactly there is to get upset about there. It also means her not having a background in it is absolutely irrelevant, because she's asking people in power to listen to those who do (hint: they've not been doing so for decades).

I'm amazed how supposedly intelligent human beings can get upset by someone saying listen to experts, but then again I hear we've had enough of experts.

Balmy on 10:51 - Nov 2 with 1531 viewsStokieBlue

Balmy on 10:45 - Nov 2 by Barneycurley

Ok Bully 😏

No, that's not how it works.

You need to support positions, especially ones that a quick Google proves are totally untrue.

Why would you lie about such a thing?

SB
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 10:51]

Balmy on 10:57 - Nov 2 with 1508 viewseastangliaisblue

Balmy on 10:45 - Nov 2 by Barneycurley

Ok Bully 😏

I really hope you're joking, otherwise that's a pathetic response.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 11:00]
Balmy on 11:01 - Nov 2 with 1495 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seriously.

Working with climate scientists is part of my day job, and I can assure you that's not the case here. There's an ongoing discussion around the best way to communicate some of the messages and whether the climate catastrophe message is the best way to go about it, but I don't think I've met anyone who's critical of her efforts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Balmy on 11:03 - Nov 2 with 1487 viewsBarneycurley

Balmy on 10:57 - Nov 2 by eastangliaisblue

I really hope you're joking, otherwise that's a pathetic response.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 11:00]

It was the classic Bulbeck defence 'prove it'

Just a nod to Bully - hence the capital B

Balmy on 11:04 - Nov 2 with 1484 viewsStokieBlue

Balmy on 11:03 - Nov 2 by Barneycurley

It was the classic Bulbeck defence 'prove it'

Just a nod to Bully - hence the capital B

It wasn't a defence, it was an appropriate response to what was a factually incorrect claim.

I noticed you've still not provided any evidence - do you have any? If not perhaps best to not go around the board talking absolute tosh.

SB

Balmy on 11:05 - Nov 2 with 1475 viewsSitfcB

Balmy on 09:53 - Nov 2 by BiGDonnie

Sitters is fumin.

Y so serious.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Balmy on 11:13 - Nov 2 with 1438 viewsBarneycurley

Balmy on 10:51 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

No, that's not how it works.

You need to support positions, especially ones that a quick Google proves are totally untrue.

Why would you lie about such a thing?

SB
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 10:51]

It works however you want? I asked the initial question to which you haven't provided an answer either so don't go shouting the odds.

She lost her marbles live on air and embarrassed herself. Thats something to aspire too?

The rational conversation wasn't good enough so she resorted to a teenage tantrum.

Balmy on 11:24 - Nov 2 with 1399 viewsEwan_Oozami

Balmy on 11:13 - Nov 2 by Barneycurley

It works however you want? I asked the initial question to which you haven't provided an answer either so don't go shouting the odds.

She lost her marbles live on air and embarrassed herself. Thats something to aspire too?

The rational conversation wasn't good enough so she resorted to a teenage tantrum.

She has severely triggered the Deniers, although to be fair, that's not much of an achievement nowadays.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024