Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So...not really a lockdown then. 18:33 - Oct 31 with 8502 viewshomer_123

Still meet 1 person outdoors outside your bubble.

Schools and Unis stay open.

Take aways stay open.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So...not really a lockdown then. on 18:48 - Oct 31 with 4567 viewsAce_High1

You sound surprised?
So...not really a lockdown then. on 18:48 - Oct 31 with 4568 viewsOldsmoker

It had to be different from what Kier Starmer demanded.
That way he can say that Starmer overreacted.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:05 - Oct 31 with 4511 viewshomer_123

So...not really a lockdown then. on 18:48 - Oct 31 by Ace_High1

You sound surprised?

Nope...half arsed....again.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:18 - Oct 31 with 4441 viewspointofblue

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:05 - Oct 31 by homer_123

Uni's shouldn't have started term on campus in the first place; especially the courses which could have been ran remotely.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:37 - Oct 31 with 4367 viewsgazzer1999

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:18 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

Uni's shouldn't have started term on campus in the first place; especially the courses which could have been ran remotely.

I agree, my course went online in March and it was fine. However it begs the question is it just an open university course then?
So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:40 - Oct 31 with 4363 viewsairliner

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:05 - Oct 31 by homer_123

There should not even be a lockdown, it’s a complete over reaction
So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:47 - Oct 31 with 4320 viewsElderGrizzly

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:18 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

Some Universities make more money from accommodation than teaching. That is your reason why
So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:09 - Oct 31 with 4273 viewslongtimefan

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:47 - Oct 31 by ElderGrizzly

Some Universities make more money from accommodation than teaching. That is your reason why

Yep. My son’s accommodation cost is on a par with the course fees and they’ve changed the rules this year so that, even if you’re not present for a whole term, as he was n the final term last year, you must still pay for the accommodation.
Login to get fewer ads

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:12 - Oct 31 with 4255 viewsmrshallisfit

So...not really a lockdown then. on 19:40 - Oct 31 by airliner

You're right. Just a quick dose of domestos and we'll be fine.
So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:14 - Oct 31 with 4246 viewsStokieBlue

Cretin.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:15 - Oct 31 with 4233 viewsbournemouthblue

Given the figures they were showing, it does beg the question why

It looks like carnage for the NHS

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:17 - Oct 31 with 4226 viewsghostofescobar

And your evidence is.....?

GhostOfEscobar

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:18 - Oct 31 with 4204 viewsnoggin

Go on....

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:23 - Oct 31 with 4194 viewsDublinBlue84

This slide from the press conference shows why schools and college staying open is folly:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElrsFgzXEAEmISM?format=jpg&name=large

Schools and Colleges and Universities are a large part of the reason for the spread, since it is the age groups who would be attending these who are testing positive and in my observations it is also these age groups who are ignoring guidelines.

Essentially staff working in schools, who unlike students, would be far more at risk of being seriously ill from the virus and now are forced to work in environments where the students couldn't give a damn about whether they have the virus or not, could result in them getting seriously ill.

The school and college staff who have stuck to all the guidelines since March, will then have to surround themselves with these people who haven't every day and will be told that someone who doesn't give a damn is deemed more important than protecting their lives.

Effectively the Government has told these people that they must go ahead and carry on with their day jobs and if they get seriously ill or worse because they're put in an environment full of a demographic who are far more likely to have the virus, then that's too bad and they need to accept that they're necessary collateral in the whole thing.

The question is how many deaths among our education staff is keeping the schools open worth before it becomes too many?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 20:28]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:35 - Oct 31 with 4159 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:23 - Oct 31 by DublinBlue84

This slide from the press conference shows why schools and college staying open is folly:

Schools and Colleges and Universities are a large part of the reason for the spread, since it is the age groups who would be attending these who are testing positive and in my observations it is also these age groups who are ignoring guidelines.

Essentially staff working in schools, who unlike students, would be far more at risk of being seriously ill from the virus and now are forced to work in environments where the students couldn't give a damn about whether they have the virus or not, could result in them getting seriously ill.

The school and college staff who have stuck to all the guidelines since March, will then have to surround themselves with these people who haven't every day and will be told that someone who doesn't give a damn is deemed more important than protecting their lives.

Effectively the Government has told these people that they must go ahead and carry on with their day jobs and if they get seriously ill or worse because they're put in an environment full of a demographic who are far more likely to have the virus, then that's too bad and they need to accept that they're necessary collateral in the whole thing.

The question is how many deaths among our education staff is keeping the schools open worth before it becomes too many?

From September the r started to increase rapidly. September when the schools and universities went back. The one thing he is insisting on keeping open.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:43 - Oct 31 with 4130 viewsSpruceMoose

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:14 - Oct 31 by StokieBlue

Cretin.

SB

This.

Many people in Suffolk seem to have no appreciation of how serious this can get..

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:55 - Oct 31 with 4104 viewsDublinBlue84

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:35 - Oct 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

From September the r started to increase rapidly. September when the schools and universities went back. The one thing he is insisting on keeping open.

As someone who works in education, I really was supportive of schools re-opening in September, as long as it was safe to do so and that sensible anti COVID measures were put in place and the students attending such schools acted in a way that did not put people at risk.

However over the past few weeks it's become completely obvious by the numbers that not only have the Government not enforced required social distancing and mask wearing in schools as much as they should, but also too many students have shown that they are not able to act in a way which creates an environment which is safe for a school to operate in which safeguards those at risk.

The figures for the infection rates across the young are simple for all to see. They are the key drivers of infection and action has to be taken to stop this. Failing to do so is a massive failure of the Government's duty to protect it's citizens and will directly lead to scores of innocent people using their lives, either directly from their inaction, or as a knock on effect of the health system becoming overwhelmed.

When we look back on this in years to come, for those of us lucky enough to survive the whole thing, I'm sure we will all look back at horror at the number of innocent people who lost their lives, directly due to the dithering and poor decision making of the worst Government in living memory

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:59 - Oct 31 with 4074 viewslazyblue

Don’t be stupid and naive.
So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:59 - Oct 31 with 4089 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:55 - Oct 31 by DublinBlue84

As someone who works in education, I really was supportive of schools re-opening in September, as long as it was safe to do so and that sensible anti COVID measures were put in place and the students attending such schools acted in a way that did not put people at risk.

However over the past few weeks it's become completely obvious by the numbers that not only have the Government not enforced required social distancing and mask wearing in schools as much as they should, but also too many students have shown that they are not able to act in a way which creates an environment which is safe for a school to operate in which safeguards those at risk.

The figures for the infection rates across the young are simple for all to see. They are the key drivers of infection and action has to be taken to stop this. Failing to do so is a massive failure of the Government's duty to protect it's citizens and will directly lead to scores of innocent people using their lives, either directly from their inaction, or as a knock on effect of the health system becoming overwhelmed.

When we look back on this in years to come, for those of us lucky enough to survive the whole thing, I'm sure we will all look back at horror at the number of innocent people who lost their lives, directly due to the dithering and poor decision making of the worst Government in living memory

"as long as it was safe to do so and that sensible anti COVID measures were put in place" the key phrase we all agree on.

The Government should be leading on this but instead leave each school to set their own rules and just insist that we stay open.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So...not really a lockdown then. on 21:08 - Oct 31 with 4060 viewsBarneycurley

Deaths amongst teachers from what I've witnessed with my wife being a teacher here is nothing if not negligible. Young kids apparently aren't at risk also. So there has been a calculated risk.

Seems sensible to me.

I know anything the government do now will be deemed wrong but is it that different to the other European countries that are apparently so badly run also?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

So...not really a lockdown then. on 21:15 - Oct 31 with 4043 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

I wish someone would take the bull by the horns and put USA on a lock down to (But wont happen with trump in charge) the numbers have more than doubled daily to what it was even 10 days ago when they lifted such things as bars and restaurants to fully open. As for giving people the choice of wearing masks, 95% or more people no longer wear them. As for social distancing, not going to happen.
So...not really a lockdown then. on 21:24 - Oct 31 with 4011 viewsDublinBlue84

So...not really a lockdown then. on 21:08 - Oct 31 by Barneycurley

Deaths amongst teachers from what I've witnessed with my wife being a teacher here is nothing if not negligible. Young kids apparently aren't at risk also. So there has been a calculated risk.

Seems sensible to me.

I know anything the government do now will be deemed wrong but is it that different to the other European countries that are apparently so badly run also?

Christ, there's so much wrong with that post I don't know where to begin.

But there were two things very different about the first wave:

1) The demographics of the first wave infections were very different. The 16-29 year old group was not the biggest spreader of the virus that time around, where the statistics this time around are showing that this group is by far the biggest cause for positive case which means school staff are at more risk this time around.

2) Last time around schools were closed except for very small classes of key worker children pretty quickly at a point where cases were far lower overall, so it's hardly surprising that teachers do not get covid and do not die from covid when the majority of pupils are not at school, because it means it's far more difficult for a teacher to catch it.

Vastly more active cases in the country, along with vastly more pupils at school than during the first lockdown, when it was only key workers, vastly larger numbers of students having the virus than the first time around and school staff having to interact with vastly more students than the last lockdown = vastly more risk to staff members.

Other countries mandate social distancing and masks at schools, something that the British Government have refused to implement in schools, despite the fact the teaching unions have suggested this. The Government couldn't care less about school staff, just like they are happy to allow hungry kids to starve.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 21:29]

So...not really a lockdown then. on 21:30 - Oct 31 with 3983 viewsN2_Blue

C***!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So...not really a lockdown then. on 21:47 - Oct 31 with 3938 viewspistonbroke

It’s not just education staff tho is it , education staff may have to work through this so called lockdown , but there were many of us who had to work through the last one as well , people who have had to endure working through this thing since March , not just now should be rewarded , there are many people working out there , putting there selves at a greater risk who are earning less than someone who has been furloughed and is sitting at home getting paid 80% of their money for doing nothing , how is this right
The only way out of this pandemic I can see is to have an international lockdown , every country is affected by Covid , agree to a international lockdown for a month , tell everyone to get supplies in for a month , no business remains open , ports and airports are shut worldwide , military on the streets to arrest anyone out , the only people working are the poor emergency services who should be rewarded for it , a month of hardship and its more or less gone
So...not really a lockdown then. on 21:49 - Oct 31 with 3931 viewsMelford

So...not really a lockdown then. on 20:43 - Oct 31 by SpruceMoose

This.

Many people in Suffolk seem to have no appreciation of how serious this can get..

The way I explained it to someone in my Suffolk village is it's a bit like WW2. You might see the odd plane fly over and that's about it, if you were living in the East End, Coventry or Liverpool to give 3 examples you would be telling a very different story.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024