Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm ashamed of myself 09:53 - Nov 27 with 570 viewsclive_baker

I just had a fleeting thought that should we lose tomorrow, there's a silver lining in that it's perhaps 1 game Lambert is to the chop.

I've never thought like this as a fan, even under Hurst. I've always wanted us to win matches, and still do tomorrow, but I was thinking about that as a consolation. Maybe it's because I'm not physically going to the game, or maybe it's that Lambert really is that bad.

I'll pull myself together.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm ashamed of myself on 09:54 - Nov 27 with 554 viewsHerbivore

It's an understandable feeling right now. One loss in the context of a season can be overcome, a terrible manager will hold us back far more than failing to beat Charlton.

To be honest though I have zero faith that Evans will act even if we get embarrassed tomorrow.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm ashamed of myself on 09:55 - Nov 27 with 551 viewsBeckets

Don’t worry, you’re not alone!
I'm ashamed of myself on 09:55 - Nov 27 with 545 viewsfooters

Think a lot of us are in the same boat here.

If we see another result and performance as in the last two, it must be nailed on.

I don't mind wanting us to lose if it's for the greater good. We really have no time to lose this time around. Fail to get promoted this season then I fear we will be here for many, many years to come. Get the most out of our competitive advantage now or become 'the second biggest team in League One' forever more.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:00 - Nov 27 with 517 viewsitfcjoe

I did wonder after Shrewsbury whether nicking it at the end was going to do us more harm than good in the long run.

I can't see anything but a Charlton win tomorrow, if we line up 433 we just do not have the players available for it and it feels like by being so rigid Lambert is trying to prove a point to get sacked.

I can't pretend I'll be too disappointed if we end up with a similar performance and result as Hull tomorrow - if we are to lose and get zero points, I'd rather lose properly than a gallant defeat that achieves nothing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:05 - Nov 27 with 483 viewshaynes_toe1

Personally I have zero faith in Evans making the correct decision anyway so on that basis I really hope we win and somehow scrape play-offs with this absolute failure of a manager in 'charge'
I'm ashamed of myself on 10:10 - Nov 27 with 454 viewsDanTheMan

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:00 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

I did wonder after Shrewsbury whether nicking it at the end was going to do us more harm than good in the long run.

I can't see anything but a Charlton win tomorrow, if we line up 433 we just do not have the players available for it and it feels like by being so rigid Lambert is trying to prove a point to get sacked.

I can't pretend I'll be too disappointed if we end up with a similar performance and result as Hull tomorrow - if we are to lose and get zero points, I'd rather lose properly than a gallant defeat that achieves nothing

Yeah, the Shrewsbury game for me was bitter sweet.

It's one of the first (only?) time I've thought that if we lose at least that means he's probably gone. I know if gave a few fans a little bit of hope but I just couldn't see it and still can't.

And I'm like the OP, tomorrow I almost want us to lose just to get this over with. Evans should have pulled the trigger in the summer, it's just painful how long this is taking.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:10 - Nov 27 with 452 viewsclive_baker

No doubt we'll be 'brilliant, really really happy' and 'played really really well. Really good' in a 1-0 defeat.

I certainly thought on Tuesday it made no sense to go 433. We needed to play to our strengths now we now have a full contingent of forwards and we're down to bare bones in central midfield, yet we persisted with 433. It's mad. With Dozzell back there's perhaps more of an argument to play a 3 in the middle but god knows who should be either side of him.

Has to be the same back 5 for me, although I do think Holy is absolute t0ss I've not seen any evidence Cornell is any better.

Huws, Dozzell, McGavin in midfield perhaps, but there's about as much energy and mobility in that as a trio of Douglas'.

Lankester / Bennetts in the wide roles?

Norwood up front.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:11 - Nov 27 with 440 viewsKeno

It felt like the 3-2 away at Swansea a few years ago when Hurst was here

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:15 - Nov 27 with 422 viewsitfcjoe

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:10 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

No doubt we'll be 'brilliant, really really happy' and 'played really really well. Really good' in a 1-0 defeat.

I certainly thought on Tuesday it made no sense to go 433. We needed to play to our strengths now we now have a full contingent of forwards and we're down to bare bones in central midfield, yet we persisted with 433. It's mad. With Dozzell back there's perhaps more of an argument to play a 3 in the middle but god knows who should be either side of him.

Has to be the same back 5 for me, although I do think Holy is absolute t0ss I've not seen any evidence Cornell is any better.

Huws, Dozzell, McGavin in midfield perhaps, but there's about as much energy and mobility in that as a trio of Douglas'.

Lankester / Bennetts in the wide roles?

Norwood up front.

I'd go for a lopsided 442ish to try and get what we can out on the pitch....

--------------------------Holy------------------------
Donacien----Chambers-----Woolf------Ward
-Lankester---McGavin--Dozzell--Huws-------
----------------------Norwood--------Jackson----

If that makes any sense, Huws tucking in to support McG and Dozz, with Ward and Jackson picking up the slack on the flank

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:17 - Nov 27 with 405 viewsSomethingBlue

Nah, I see a lot of this but we bloody need a result regardless of bigger/smaller picture — margins this season will be wafer-thin and the stakes are way too high to offer any free passes.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:18 - Nov 27 with 392 viewsdavblue

I'm ashamed of myself on 10:15 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

I'd go for a lopsided 442ish to try and get what we can out on the pitch....

--------------------------Holy------------------------
Donacien----Chambers-----Woolf------Ward
-Lankester---McGavin--Dozzell--Huws-------
----------------------Norwood--------Jackson----

If that makes any sense, Huws tucking in to support McG and Dozz, with Ward and Jackson picking up the slack on the flank

4-3-1-2 get one of the midfield boys to sit in as the full backs provide the width. Whether they are capable is another question but ‘we are hopeless with 2 upfront’
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024