Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Project Fear' 18:15 - Dec 10 with 1679 viewsFixed_It

They've gone a bit quiet now, haven't they? Barstewards!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

'Project Fear' on 18:32 - Dec 10 with 1417 viewsSteve_M

Here's what's about to happen at the borders:

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/12/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-da

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

'Project Fear' on 18:33 - Dec 10 with 1403 viewsfooters

This pathetic game of brinkmanship is embarrassing. The Tories have conducted themselves awfully all the way through this.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

'Project Fear' on 18:41 - Dec 10 with 1359 viewsDubtractor

'Project Fear' on 18:33 - Dec 10 by footers

This pathetic game of brinkmanship is embarrassing. The Tories have conducted themselves awfully all the way through this.

Bloody remainers eh?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

'Project Fear' on 18:48 - Dec 10 with 1340 viewsHerbivore

We've had numerous very vocal Brexiteers crowing on this board over the last 4 years, it's amazing just how quiet they've gone lately.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

'Project Fear' on 18:49 - Dec 10 with 1339 viewsBasuco

The big problem is UK need the EU far more than EU need UK, they know it, so are in a stronger position the longer this goes on, UK Gov know they are leading us into a shat storm that Boris Johnson has orchestrated this from the moment he proudly announced on TV that £350 million per day went to the EU that could go to the NHS. That lie made a huge difference to the vote and Boris now has to deal with what he has lead the UK into.
'Project Fear' on 18:51 - Dec 10 with 1326 viewsBasuco

'Project Fear' on 18:48 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

We've had numerous very vocal Brexiteers crowing on this board over the last 4 years, it's amazing just how quiet they've gone lately.

I had forgotten about all that very vocal support for brexit on here had completely disappeared, on top of covid the UK is in no position to cope with the huge financial impact of brexit.
'Project Fear' on 18:54 - Dec 10 with 1321 viewsfooters

'Project Fear' on 18:51 - Dec 10 by Basuco

I had forgotten about all that very vocal support for brexit on here had completely disappeared, on top of covid the UK is in no position to cope with the huge financial impact of brexit.

It's not going to be a very fun few years for many who were vociferous in its defence... I feel sorry for them, tbh. Sold a complete pup.

And now the cycle will repeat. Another massive economic downturn and the foreigners will be the ones to blame. Yet again.

Joy.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

'Project Fear' on 18:58 - Dec 10 with 1297 viewsBasuco

'Project Fear' on 18:54 - Dec 10 by footers

It's not going to be a very fun few years for many who were vociferous in its defence... I feel sorry for them, tbh. Sold a complete pup.

And now the cycle will repeat. Another massive economic downturn and the foreigners will be the ones to blame. Yet again.

Joy.

Yes, it is the EU's fault they will not agree a deal that is not in their favour, I predict Boris will be like the husband scrabbling around at 5 PM on Christmas eve looking for a present for his wife, anything will do, anything is better than nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

'Project Fear' on 18:59 - Dec 10 with 1293 viewsjaykay

'Project Fear' on 18:48 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

true , but they were cannon fodder. there was darker forces at work in the background.*

* this could be bull sh1t

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

'Project Fear' on 19:10 - Dec 10 with 1272 viewsvapour_trail

Our own most prominent board brexiteer has now “spent too much time” on the subject and doesn’t want to talk to people he kept shouting “project fear” at.

Tragic in all senses.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

'Project Fear' on 19:12 - Dec 10 with 1262 viewsFixed_It

'Project Fear' on 18:49 - Dec 10 by Basuco

The big problem is UK need the EU far more than EU need UK, they know it, so are in a stronger position the longer this goes on, UK Gov know they are leading us into a shat storm that Boris Johnson has orchestrated this from the moment he proudly announced on TV that £350 million per day went to the EU that could go to the NHS. That lie made a huge difference to the vote and Boris now has to deal with what he has lead the UK into.

I doubt you'll find one person who will admit that the NHS lie was instrumental in their vote. But a good many of them will be fibbing.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

'Project Fear' on 19:19 - Dec 10 with 1243 viewsjeera

'Project Fear' on 19:12 - Dec 10 by Fixed_It

I doubt you'll find one person who will admit that the NHS lie was instrumental in their vote. But a good many of them will be fibbing.

Such a simplistic point yet so effective.

"We give them X amount whereas we could keep it for ourselves".

As though there's a magic mountain of cash we have been generously sharing out with other nations, rather than the country's GDP being ongoing according to - and depending on- its trade with many of those same countries.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

'Project Fear' on 19:32 - Dec 10 with 1210 viewsBlueBadger

'Project Fear' on 19:12 - Dec 10 by Fixed_It

Spending money on healthcare is an altruistic thing and most Brexiteers I casually spoke to were more interested in stuff like Sticking It to Johnny Foreigner and No Brown People than actually looking after people.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 19:48]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

'Project Fear' on 19:36 - Dec 10 with 1199 viewsBlueBadger

'Project Fear' on 18:54 - Dec 10 by footers

Joy.

It's not them I feel sorry for. They were happy to be conned. They were happy to shaft millions of their fellow countrymen on the basis of a white libertarian's wet dream of free trade, no 'red tape', no non white people, sicking it to the 'politically correct health and safety mob' and white dog poo.

F*ck them and f*ck what they voted for.

For every naive Glassers and J2 dreaming of a genuinely 'global Britain' there was 20 or more frothing loons wanting nothing more than a return to the 1970's. Or worse.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 19:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

'Project Fear' on 19:43 - Dec 10 with 1170 viewsBlueBadger

'Project Fear' on 19:10 - Dec 10 by vapour_trail

Our own most prominent board brexiteer has now “spent too much time” on the subject and doesn’t want to talk to people he kept shouting “project fear” at.

Tragic in all senses.

Brexit still going really well Parts 6743 and 6744 by BlueBadger 9 Dec 2020 21:04
Even TWTD's Designated Daily Trolls With No Russian Connections, Honest don't touch 'Brexit threads any more because it's essentially indefensible. That's how much of a busted flush it is. It's literally the Paul Lambert of politics.

'Project Fear' on 19:52 - Dec 10 with 1133 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Project Fear' on 18:32 - Dec 10 by Steve_M

Here's what's about to happen at the borders:

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/12/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-da

It seems that a lot of people still think that even if we get a deal, that all the red tape will go away and things will be as they were.

Hauliers yesterday had their results of bidding for permits to enter the EU. We have about 10,000 UK hauliers who earn their living driving into the EU (not to mention the people employed by the larger haluier operators and all he supply chains/producers that supply the goods they transport).

The EU have assigned permits to Third Countries and we've got 2,000. So 8,000 hauliers will have to look for work elsewhere unless there's something sorted out on that front pdq. Control, eh?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'Project Fear' on 19:56 - Dec 10 with 1122 viewsgordon

Anyone watched this yet, lol? He looks like he might be starting to understand what he's done.

'Project Fear' on 19:58 - Dec 10 with 1107 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Project Fear' on 19:56 - Dec 10 by gordon

Anyone watched this yet, lol? He looks like he might be starting to understand what he's done.

Does anyone fall for this Australian option bullsh*t?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'Project Fear' on 19:59 - Dec 10 with 1107 viewsHerbivore

'Project Fear' on 19:36 - Dec 10 by BlueBadger

It's not them I feel sorry for. They were happy to be conned. They were happy to shaft millions of their fellow countrymen on the basis of a white libertarian's wet dream of free trade, no 'red tape', no non white people, sicking it to the 'politically correct health and safety mob' and white dog poo.

F*ck them and f*ck what they voted for.

For every naive Glassers and J2 dreaming of a genuinely 'global Britain' there was 20 or more frothing loons wanting nothing more than a return to the 1970's. Or worse.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 19:53]

Sometimes you need to look around and see who's on your team to realise that you've inadvertently sided with t be baddies. I mean, they had Johnson, Gove, and Farage right in the thick of it so it shouldn't have been too tricky to work out, but still.

'Project Fear' on 20:00 - Dec 10 with 1101 viewsjeera

'Project Fear' on 19:59 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Sometimes you need to look around and see who's on your team to realise that you've inadvertently sided with t be baddies. I mean, they had Johnson, Gove, and Farage right in the thick of it so it shouldn't have been too tricky to work out, but still.

The company a man keeps etc...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

'Project Fear' on 20:02 - Dec 10 with 1105 viewsHerbivore

'Project Fear' on 19:58 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

Does anyone fall for this Australian option bullsh*t?

If they were going alphabetically with countries that don't have a free trade deal with the EU then surely Afghanistan was ahead in the queue? I guess an Afghan style deal doesn't play as well with the racists.

'Project Fear' on 20:03 - Dec 10 with 1098 viewsBlueBadger

'Project Fear' on 19:59 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

The fact that even f*cking Clarkson thought it was a stupid f*cking idea should have put people off, never mind the fact that awful t0ssers like the ones you've listed plus George Galloway and Jim Davidson were in favour.

'Project Fear' on 02:01 - Dec 11 with 954 viewsbournemouthblue

'Project Fear' was always an ironically patronising term given much of the Tactics Old Nige was using in his campaigns were based on exactly that

See:-
- The European Army suggestions
- The impending influx of Turks and Romanians, rushing to get to the land of milk and honey that is the UK

- That breaking point poster, similar to a poster used with Jewish people during Nazi Germany

It's almost like a lot of what the Remain campaign said would happen is literally going to happen now

Don't say they didn't warn you Brexiteers, careful what you wish for.

It won't be the Reece-Moggs or Johnson's of this world who feel the strain here, it's going to be regular people like me and you who are hit in the wallet

What I still find distasteful is that there are Hard Brexiter Tories who are literally creaming themselves over the excitement of a 'clean' Brexit and failing to comprehend of the impending carnage we the people will suffer from as a result. The best trick the Tory Party ever played was claiming they're the Party of business, this surely tears that assertion up in one fell swoop?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 2:08]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

'Project Fear' on 02:20 - Dec 11 with 924 viewsHARRY10

'Project Fear' on 19:56 - Dec 10 by gordon

So with less than three weeks to go, now is the time to start to prepare for no deal ?

What preparation should the average Joe make - to strike new trade deals, adjust the price of steel he imports or maybe spend a few million on the infrastructure at the docks he own.

No, what this fat incompetent fraud means is to brace yourself to not Panis, and meekly accept the shtshow he has brought upon the country.

The worst PM the country has ever had, pffeifelred the Ovenready
'Project Fear' on 02:32 - Dec 11 with 920 viewsbournemouthblue

'Project Fear' on 02:20 - Dec 11 by HARRY10

So with less than three weeks to go, now is the time to start to prepare for no deal ?

What preparation should the average Joe make - to strike new trade deals, adjust the price of steel he imports or maybe spend a few million on the infrastructure at the docks he own.

No, what this fat incompetent fraud means is to brace yourself to not Panis, and meekly accept the shtshow he has brought upon the country.

The worst PM the country has ever had, pffeifelred the Ovenready

Indeed, start preparing guys

Cheers Boris, I'm sure 20 days will be plenty of time for us to build millions of pounds of infrastructure at the Port of Felixstowe to avoid the innevitable chaos which we will have as a result?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024