Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? 23:03 - Dec 22 with 2704 viewsSarge

I don’t want to put posters on ignore because their other contributions are quite good but any chance of a filter for covid threads? I know there’s not much else going on in the world right now but it is Christmas and it would be nice to not have doom and misery in your face every other thread. Positive news, whilst not as easy to come by, doesn’t seem to be as popular.
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:05 - Dec 22 with 2681 viewsFixed_It

If you want to avoid doom and misery, can I respectfully suggest you also avoid the Football section.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:06 - Dec 22 with 2673 viewsPinewoodblue

Self discipline would work. It is easy to identify a Covid thread just don't click on it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:08 - Dec 22 with 2659 viewsSarge

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:06 - Dec 22 by Pinewoodblue

Self discipline would work. It is easy to identify a Covid thread just don't click on it.

Yes it is, but unless the subject and viewable body text just say ‘This is a covid thread’ it’s pretty hard to avoid ‘look how many hundreds more people died today’ or ‘more restrictions coming your way’ or things to that extent.
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:09 - Dec 22 with 2656 viewsSarge

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:05 - Dec 22 by Fixed_It

If you want to avoid doom and misery, can I respectfully suggest you also avoid the Football section.

I think that’s been a given for a number of years!
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:29 - Dec 22 with 2578 viewscatch74

Maybe use the chatroom for COVID chat. Max 6, safely distanced etc.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:31 - Dec 22 with 2579 viewseireblue

Do you still want to be on the Bluelagos yoghurt watch, it could go either way?
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:38 - Dec 22 with 2569 viewsSarge

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:31 - Dec 22 by eireblue

Do you still want to be on the Bluelagos yoghurt watch, it could go either way?

Yes please, I’ve got some Activia in the fridge that’s about a week out of date and I want to make an informed decision
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:42 - Dec 22 with 2562 viewsfactual_blue

If you press the 'hide this thread' button, your problems are solved.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 01:46 - Dec 23 with 2509 viewsMJallday

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 23:29 - Dec 22 by catch74

Maybe use the chatroom for COVID chat. Max 6, safely distanced etc.

I miss the days of the Chat room 7....

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 09:32 - Dec 23 with 2371 viewsMonkeyAlan

I think the best solution is to do away with the general thread section all together. If you look across most threads on it, it's the same 5 or 6 'experts' giving their 'knowledgeable' views on it all anyway. If anyone has any other opinion on any subject (not just covid) , they are quickly put down. Hence l have just taken to putting the odd silly comment up over the last few months. Oh how it gets up their backs. Sad on my part, but also on theirs.
It's a football forum first and foremost. There are plenty of forums out there for all the macho opinions some have on here about every subject under the sun.
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 09:36 - Dec 23 with 2355 viewsfactual_blue

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 09:32 - Dec 23 by MonkeyAlan

I think the best solution is to do away with the general thread section all together. If you look across most threads on it, it's the same 5 or 6 'experts' giving their 'knowledgeable' views on it all anyway. If anyone has any other opinion on any subject (not just covid) , they are quickly put down. Hence l have just taken to putting the odd silly comment up over the last few months. Oh how it gets up their backs. Sad on my part, but also on theirs.
It's a football forum first and foremost. There are plenty of forums out there for all the macho opinions some have on here about every subject under the sun.

Starmer is a good egg.

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 09:39 - Dec 23 with 2350 viewsMonkeyAlan

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 09:36 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

Starmer is a good egg.

You are beginning to get it. Has taken you months.
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 10:42 - Dec 23 with 2280 viewsfactual_blue

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 09:39 - Dec 23 by MonkeyAlan

You are beginning to get it. Has taken you months.

Ahh...now you're trying the worn-out 'it was just bantz' strategem.

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 10:50 - Dec 23 with 2274 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure Gav's going to be up for making a change like this a couple of days before Christmas! When we split to general/football there was a consensus that any wider splits might dilute the board somewhat. Hopefully, as we go forward the Covid threads might start to be more positive as more of us start to have the vaccine.
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 11:01 - Dec 23 with 2238 viewsPinewoodblue

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 10:50 - Dec 23 by PhilTWTD

Not sure Gav's going to be up for making a change like this a couple of days before Christmas! When we split to general/football there was a consensus that any wider splits might dilute the board somewhat. Hopefully, as we go forward the Covid threads might start to be more positive as more of us start to have the vaccine.

Presumably the more you sub divide the more difficult to police. What next separate areas for Politics, then for non football sport., Daily Mail readers, Guardian readers....

2023 year of destiny

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 11:05 - Dec 23 with 2232 viewsSarge

There’s a largely intact Family Circle selection box in it for him. All men have their price.
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 11:08 - Dec 23 with 2218 viewsPinewoodblue

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 11:05 - Dec 23 by Sarge

There’s a largely intact Family Circle selection box in it for him. All men have their price.

Start a go fund me page.

2023 year of destiny

Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 11:11 - Dec 23 with 2213 viewsstonojnr

well now you know what its like coming on here trying to wade through the brexit, the politics, the lambert/evans/donkey is wrong stuff all the time just to find a small sliver of news or decent discussion on the Town.
Gav - Any chance of a Covid section? on 12:11 - Dec 23 with 2174 viewsfactual_blue

1. Ignore a thread.
2. Select 'Football only' as your view of the board.
3. Get even more depressed by the futility of human existence.
4. Dial 116 123

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024