Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID 10:05 - Feb 11 with 2091 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Two Possibilities.

1. It might need to him NEEDING to sell ITFC up.
2. It might become a necessity to stop bankrolling us, meaning massive cuts.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:06 - Feb 11 with 2073 viewsWeWereZombies

Has his core business collapsed? You can still run courses on Zoom y'know...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:08 - Feb 11 with 2057 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:06 - Feb 11 by WeWereZombies

Has his core business collapsed? You can still run courses on Zoom y'know...

You can't do a great deal of entertaining though?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:12 - Feb 11 with 2016 viewsEssen_blue

We did bring loan players in during Jan. It would have been cheaper to send players out and no one back in.
The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:13 - Feb 11 with 1986 viewsWeWereZombies

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:08 - Feb 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

Maybe he cleaned up on the eat out to help out funds...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:15 - Feb 11 with 1970 viewsCoastalblue

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:08 - Feb 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not sure that's the core part of his business these days, lots of other stuff which is more profitable I think. I know he gets accused of being a glorified ticket tout but hospitality has been a smaller part of his empire for a long while I believe.

I know a guy who's in management in their training division and they have some very top end and blue chip clients, he's been working throughout the pandemic.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:20 - Feb 11 with 1950 viewsBasuco

Paying loan fees on top of additional wages for the extra players is not generally a sign of having no funds I would have thought, the first signs of this are usually players and staff wages not being paid rather than increasing the wage bill. But I am no expert on our club finances.
The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 11:06 - Feb 11 with 1843 viewsPendejo

I would assert that ITFC is probably his only source of income right now, even if it is simply a trickle from the EPL / EFL deal

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 11:33 - Feb 11 with 1776 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can't say I've noticed Covid impacting the level of entertainment he's been serving up here for the last 13 years. I use the term entertainment loosely of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 12:13 - Feb 11 with 1698 viewsdirtyboy

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:15 - Feb 11 by Coastalblue

Not sure that's the core part of his business these days, lots of other stuff which is more profitable I think. I know he gets accused of being a glorified ticket tout but hospitality has been a smaller part of his empire for a long while I believe.

I know a guy who's in management in their training division and they have some very top end and blue chip clients, he's been working throughout the pandemic.

I have a client who engages for a company who uses them for their training platform and she seems to think that for how it's geared up to do online, it may have seen an increase in use due to the global pandemic, it's not a small set up.

I suspect the other parts have taken a hit but difficult to know what ME has his fingers in globally.
The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 12:30 - Feb 11 with 1625 viewsgiant_stow

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 12:13 - Feb 11 by dirtyboy

I have a client who engages for a company who uses them for their training platform and she seems to think that for how it's geared up to do online, it may have seen an increase in use due to the global pandemic, it's not a small set up.

I suspect the other parts have taken a hit but difficult to know what ME has his fingers in globally.

In my little corner of the world, being forced to run courses online as been a total boon. Cheaper to put on, reduces the ticket price for the punter, more profit and a global market instead of a near-London one.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 12:31 - Feb 11 with 1621 viewsCoastalblue

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 12:13 - Feb 11 by dirtyboy

That wouldn't surprise me, they were probably in a position with the funds and clients to step up very quickly and then fill any vacuums left by struggling smaller firms.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 12:34 - Feb 11 with 1606 viewsHarlestonblue

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 10:15 - Feb 11 by Coastalblue

If you google MEG: A global, multifaceted media, corporate marketing and information company, employing 3000 professionals in 59 worldwide locations.
Includes Marcus Evans Television.
No chance, they are..... on 12:36 - Feb 11 with 1595 viewsBloots

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 11:06 - Feb 11 by Pendejo

I would assert that ITFC is probably his only source of income right now, even if it is simply a trickle from the EPL / EFL deal

....coining it in from summits, online conferences and training courses.

It's only the corporate hospitality that's been cancelled.

They have 3 summits planned for this month alone.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

No chance, they are..... on 12:48 - Feb 11 with 1539 viewsSteve_M

No chance, they are..... on 12:36 - Feb 11 by Bloots

....coining it in from summits, online conferences and training courses.

It's only the corporate hospitality that's been cancelled.

They have 3 summits planned for this month alone.

So they've cancelled all the bits that people usually want to go on and are left with some expensive, usually boring crap instead. Sounds familiar really.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 13:04 - Feb 11 with 1461 viewsScuzzer

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 11:06 - Feb 11 by Pendejo

Income? our club makes a loss for him every season, and that was with TV money and gate receipts. Cant imagine what dent its going to make in his bank account this year.

Established 1968

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 13:51 - Feb 11 with 1355 viewsPendejo

The Collapse of ME's core business under COVID on 13:04 - Feb 11 by Scuzzer

Income? our club makes a loss for him every season, and that was with TV money and gate receipts. Cant imagine what dent its going to make in his bank account this year.

Income different to profit

Even a business that loses £1bn a year will have an income.

Not knowing how MEG employs / runs it's business but I suspect outgoings will exceed income also. But that income will be under pressure from other webinar businesses.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024