Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? 14:30 - Feb 18 with 1998 viewsDubtractor

Absolutely incredible.

Is there a bigger joke club in the league right now?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:31 - Feb 18 with 1990 viewsDanTheMan

Why stop at just this league?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:33 - Feb 18 with 1948 viewsSpruceMoose

Just wait until we go into the Hull game with him as the boss too!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:35 - Feb 18 with 1930 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So if today isn’t the day by C_HealyIsAPleasure 1 Feb 2021 6:48
He’s going to be here until the end of the season, isn’t he?

18/02 EDIT: rather flippant OP, he’ll go slightly earlier if failing to get promoted triggers a clause or if he agrees to a reduced settlement

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:36 - Feb 18 with 1901 viewsDubtractor

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:35 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

18/02 EDIT: rather flippant OP, he’ll go slightly earlier if failing to get promoted triggers a clause or if he agrees to a reduced settlement

C_Healyisapleasure - getting it right about Lambert since day 1.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:38 - Feb 18 with 1884 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:36 - Feb 18 by Dubtractor

Haha thanks, but I’d much rather have been wrong sadly

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:39 - Feb 18 with 1863 viewsjayessess

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:35 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It occurs to me that it can't be a "promotion clause" thing because at this point promotion is so vanishingly unlikely under Lambert that you could probably use it to barter him down to a more reasonable pay-off.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:41 - Feb 18 with 1840 viewsBlueWorldOrder

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:36 - Feb 18 by Dubtractor

These release clauses don't exist. He failed to make the Playoffs last season and is still in post, if the contract said anything about failing to get promoted, reach playoffs or what not he'd have already failed that and thus be sackable. He hasn't because those clauses do not exist in the contract. Much like he didn't have 3 games to make it right, this is all fake news.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:02 - Feb 18 with 1752 viewsHerbivore

I doubt there's a single person in the whole of the footballing world that thinks Lambert should still be here on Saturday, except just one guy. Unfortunately that guy is our owner. It's beyond a joke now. National press are picking up on what a shambles it is, and how often does the national press really concern itself with League 1 clubs? Every minute that passes with Lambert not getting sacked just embarrasses us further.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:05 - Feb 18 with 1727 viewsBseaBlue

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:41 - Feb 18 by BlueWorldOrder

These release clauses don't exist. He failed to make the Playoffs last season and is still in post, if the contract said anything about failing to get promoted, reach playoffs or what not he'd have already failed that and thus be sackable. He hasn't because those clauses do not exist in the contract. Much like he didn't have 3 games to make it right, this is all fake news.

But it wasnt a full sesaon though so you wouldnt have been able to judge him on that regardless of whether we thought he would have got us in the play-offs anyway. I would imaging he would have had a fairly strong case via a tribunal if he would have argued that and he does have previous for it!
We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:08 - Feb 18 with 1709 viewsblueislander

Bolton supporters might take issue with that .
We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:08 - Feb 18 with 1705 viewsitfcjoe

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:05 - Feb 18 by BseaBlue

But it wasnt a full sesaon though so you wouldnt have been able to judge him on that regardless of whether we thought he would have got us in the play-offs anyway. I would imaging he would have had a fairly strong case via a tribunal if he would have argued that and he does have previous for it!

I'm sure if we'd have got promoted in the short season he wouldn't have handed back any promotion bonus...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:11 - Feb 18 with 1679 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 14:41 - Feb 18 by BlueWorldOrder

The post I linked said if for a reason - reality is no one other than Evans, Lambert and the relevant legal people & club officials know exactly what termination terms apply. However there has been speculation and it certainly seems commonplace for such clauses to usually apply to manager contracts

As for last season theres a number of reasons that may not be relevant. It could be that the clauses only apply from a certain time, or that the unusual circumstances that ended last season cast rendered the clauses useless. Or it could be as simple as Evans believing we were on the right track and choosing to stick with Lambert (bonkers IMO but then plenty on here seemed to buy into that too so who knows)

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:13 - Feb 18 with 1664 viewsBseaBlue

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:08 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

I'm sure if we'd have got promoted in the short season he wouldn't have handed back any promotion bonus...

Very true. When you look back at his management history, Lambert very clearly only cares about looking after one thing, which is himself. He has played a blinder here from that perspective.
We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:13 - Feb 18 with 1661 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:05 - Feb 18 by BseaBlue

Indeed, everything about Lamberts past suggests he will pursue every possible penny if and when he is sacked - so definitely quite possible that the circumstances which ended last season put any possible performance clauses in doubt

And you could make a pretty convincing argument that Lambert is doing all he can to get the push now before any clauses may become active this year too, if you were into that sort of conspiracy theory...

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:14 - Feb 18 with 1652 viewsCoco

Imagine we win the game!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:22 - Feb 18 with 1586 viewsitfcjoe

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:13 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed, everything about Lamberts past suggests he will pursue every possible penny if and when he is sacked - so definitely quite possible that the circumstances which ended last season put any possible performance clauses in doubt

And you could make a pretty convincing argument that Lambert is doing all he can to get the push now before any clauses may become active this year too, if you were into that sort of conspiracy theory...

I think people are making too big a deal about supposed clauses when all contracts of this length will have break points.

I think it's more clear, in my view anyway, that Evans believes Lambert is the right man, or if that has changed at least did so until fairly recently.

Even if he had to pay him off or as is normal continue to pay him, he could appoint a replacement on the cheap and be not much worse off.

As an example we could have let Jon Nolan go out on loan to the Championship until the end of the season, with a loan fee and wage contribution it could have saved us £100k. Kayden Jackson in a similar boat.

You could guarantee that there would be a list of managers as long as your arm, maybe not the high calibre ones, who would have taken the job for £100k for 4 months work with a promotion bonus at the end.....before you even consider the outlay on Harrop, Thomas, Parrott and Matheson.

The continuous investment, the turning down of transfer bids.......money isn't an issue......which takes you to surely the only logical view that, unless the contract has been written like no other in football history, it is Evans view of what Lambert can do here that is keeping him in the job. Not money.

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:30 - Feb 18 with 1537 viewsBseaBlue

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:22 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

I think people are making too big a deal about supposed clauses when all contracts of this length will have break points.

I think it's more clear, in my view anyway, that Evans believes Lambert is the right man, or if that has changed at least did so until fairly recently.

Even if he had to pay him off or as is normal continue to pay him, he could appoint a replacement on the cheap and be not much worse off.

As an example we could have let Jon Nolan go out on loan to the Championship until the end of the season, with a loan fee and wage contribution it could have saved us £100k. Kayden Jackson in a similar boat.

You could guarantee that there would be a list of managers as long as your arm, maybe not the high calibre ones, who would have taken the job for £100k for 4 months work with a promotion bonus at the end.....before you even consider the outlay on Harrop, Thomas, Parrott and Matheson.

The continuous investment, the turning down of transfer bids.......money isn't an issue......which takes you to surely the only logical view that, unless the contract has been written like no other in football history, it is Evans view of what Lambert can do here that is keeping him in the job. Not money.

'unless the contract has been written like no other in football history' This is Marcus Evans we are talking about Joe! There was talk that Lambert wanted his key staff on improved terms at the point of signing the five year deal, so could that be a factor in terms of finances?

If it isnt a financial decision then there is even more for us to worry about in my view. It is scary that in any way shape or form that he feels Lambert is competent to be doing his job, when he has consistently failed since being here.
We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:32 - Feb 18 with 1519 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:22 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

That only works if those break points have been hit yet, or if the terms of sacking him don’t reduce considerably in the near future

For example, spending a bit of extra money to help him in January would have been a much cheaper gamble than sacking him and bringing in someone new, and then having to back them in the market too. Obviously if you think the latter would have secured promotion then it’s worth it but realistically you’re still relying on getting the right man and then putting together a really good run from where we were - so pretty easy to see why he would have been reluctant to do so

We’ll almost certainly never know but we should have an indication soon. Either he’ll finally go soon or this will play out until the end of the season/when failure is confirmed, in which case you can make a pretty good guess that the cost was proving a barrier

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:39 - Feb 18 with 1477 viewsitfcjoe

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:32 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That only works if those break points have been hit yet, or if the terms of sacking him don’t reduce considerably in the near future

For example, spending a bit of extra money to help him in January would have been a much cheaper gamble than sacking him and bringing in someone new, and then having to back them in the market too. Obviously if you think the latter would have secured promotion then it’s worth it but realistically you’re still relying on getting the right man and then putting together a really good run from where we were - so pretty easy to see why he would have been reluctant to do so

We’ll almost certainly never know but we should have an indication soon. Either he’ll finally go soon or this will play out until the end of the season/when failure is confirmed, in which case you can make a pretty good guess that the cost was proving a barrier

It would have been quite easy to not back him in January, allow the release of Nolan and Jackson, sell Donacien to offer on the table..........and that would have made you £5-600k better off (at least you'd guess)

Then appoint a manager on Feb 1st when window shut heavily incentivesed and get him to have a go at that....

Obviously we'll never know, even if we wait until the end of the season the only time a manager in mid table was sacked for not going up was Jim and that always seemed more the fact he wanted to give him a full shot than any clauses etc involved

The 5 year deal is an obvious millstone, and i think that was especially true in covid break, but that ship has ailed - you can see the message Evans and Lambert have gone with - injuries, bit of help, etc and feels like ME has given PL every chance possible

Hilariously, yes, there probably is! on 15:45 - Feb 18 with 1446 viewsDyland

But yes, it is incredible.

Good old Ipswich, good old Suffolk! Eh? Eh?! Hurrah for Marcus Evans Group and his band of merry ITFC clowns!!!

It is ridiculous innit Dubbers. FFS.

MIGA

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:46 - Feb 18 with 1438 viewsBseaBlue

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:39 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

It would have been quite easy to not back him in January, allow the release of Nolan and Jackson, sell Donacien to offer on the table..........and that would have made you £5-600k better off (at least you'd guess)

Then appoint a manager on Feb 1st when window shut heavily incentivesed and get him to have a go at that....

Obviously we'll never know, even if we wait until the end of the season the only time a manager in mid table was sacked for not going up was Jim and that always seemed more the fact he wanted to give him a full shot than any clauses etc involved

The 5 year deal is an obvious millstone, and i think that was especially true in covid break, but that ship has ailed - you can see the message Evans and Lambert have gone with - injuries, bit of help, etc and feels like ME has given PL every chance possible

From what yourself and Phil have said about the relationship between the two and the fact they seem to communicate more so than the other managers did, it seems Lambert has completely obscured ME's perspective of the job that he has done.

Another reason why you need a decent structure and the right kind of 'middle men' involved so that this doesnt happen.
We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:58 - Feb 18 with 1382 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:39 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

That suggestion is surely the worst of all options though? Either you decide to stick with Lambert and back him, or get a new man in and back him. Backing neither (and reducing the time left for a new manager to effect change) just minimises the possibility of promotion

I think it’s just simply a judgment call to spend a small amount and hope for a turnaround rather than a much larger amount and hoping the new manager can turn things around, and like most Evans decisions it’s another that he’s got badly wrong

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:59 - Feb 18 with 1370 viewsgazzer1999

Of course they don’t exist, Evans has cleared off and it’s all down to Lambert to sort out. He is a busy person, and pays others to do the work that’s why the 5 year contract. Long term project require that time, bad medicine and then reap the rewards. We will be fine trust me.😉
We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 17:13 - Feb 18 with 1263 viewspeterleeblue

We are actually going into the Oxford game with him still in charge aren't we? on 15:59 - Feb 18 by gazzer1999

Of course they don’t exist, Evans has cleared off and it’s all down to Lambert to sort out. He is a busy person, and pays others to do the work that’s why the 5 year contract. Long term project require that time, bad medicine and then reap the rewards. We will be fine trust me.😉

To be honest I haven't read all the above. However it would appear that Evans is happy to forgo promotion to force Lambert into non achievement clause in his contract and pay out less.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024