Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout 18:58 - Feb 21 with 1959 viewsGlasgowBlue

And lacklustre vaccination rollout

Absolute joke up here. Two months into lockdown and cases up in half the regions.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 19:00]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:01 - Feb 21 with 1900 viewsJ2BLUE

Will they accept the government's offer of help or reject it for political reasons?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:06 - Feb 21 with 1875 viewsGlasgowBlue

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:01 - Feb 21 by J2BLUE

Will they accept the government's offer of help or reject it for political reasons?

She's too preoccupied with indyref 2 and the Salmondgate to worry about the trivial matters of vaccinating the Scottish general public.

As for your question. The choice should be taken out of her hands.

Iron Lion Zion

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:09 - Feb 21 with 1849 viewstractordownsouth

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:06 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

She's too preoccupied with indyref 2 and the Salmondgate to worry about the trivial matters of vaccinating the Scottish general public.

And "flag shagging"

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/snp-eu-flag-decisi

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:11 - Feb 21 with 1834 viewsbluelagos

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:06 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

How do the levels of vaccination compare to England's Glassers? Any thoughts on why they are different?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:13 - Feb 21 with 1823 viewsgiant_stow

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:01 - Feb 21 by J2BLUE

That one passed me by - got a link please?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:27 - Feb 21 with 1763 viewsJ2BLUE

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:13 - Feb 21 by giant_stow

That one passed me by - got a link please?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-government-offers-to-help-accelerate-scot

To be fair to Sturgeon, while searching for that I also found this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/additional-81-military-personnel-deploy-to-sc

So some limited help must have been accepted.

Truly impaired.

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:35 - Feb 21 with 1721 viewsgiant_stow

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:27 - Feb 21 by J2BLUE

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-government-offers-to-help-accelerate-scot

To be fair to Sturgeon, while searching for that I also found this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/additional-81-military-personnel-deploy-to-sc

So some limited help must have been accepted.

Many thanks. Feels a bit political as offers go, but I spose one thats tricky to turn down.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:43 - Feb 21 with 1679 viewsSteve_M

I'm not sure that this is due to vaccination yet, more the effectiveness of the lockdown over the last two months. It's still a positive story, thread here:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:45 - Feb 21 with 1669 viewsDarth_Koont

You’ve had a data analysis shocker there.

You’re looking at outliers in much, much smaller regions. Look at the numbers of cases in comparison with large regions where similar outliers aren’t seen.

Pronouns: He/Him

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:58 - Feb 21 with 1605 viewsWD19

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:45 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

You’ve had a data analysis shocker there.

You’re looking at outliers in much, much smaller regions. Look at the numbers of cases in comparison with large regions where similar outliers aren’t seen.

Falkirk is the 6th largest place in Scotland. The English equivalent is Bristol.
The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:05 - Feb 21 with 1566 viewsDarth_Koont

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 19:58 - Feb 21 by WD19

Falkirk is the 6th largest place in Scotland. The English equivalent is Bristol.

Exactly. We’re talking much, much smaller regions where the localized nature of Covid transmission and hotspots is shown.

It’s as silly as suggesting that Dundee, Aberdeenshire and the Borders have handled vaccinations and/or lockdown better than anywhere in England.

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:20 - Feb 21 with 1506 viewsWD19

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:05 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

Exactly. We’re talking much, much smaller regions where the localized nature of Covid transmission and hotspots is shown.

It’s as silly as suggesting that Dundee, Aberdeenshire and the Borders have handled vaccinations and/or lockdown better than anywhere in England.

You want to be careful about pointing this out to your fellow Scots. In my limited experience they tend to get a bit prickly when you point out everything north of the border is smaller to the point of being a bit tinpot.
The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:29 - Feb 21 with 1466 viewsDarth_Koont

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:20 - Feb 21 by WD19

You want to be careful about pointing this out to your fellow Scots. In my limited experience they tend to get a bit prickly when you point out everything north of the border is smaller to the point of being a bit tinpot.

Whoa! Smaller not tinpot.

Falkirk is even a pretty nice place despite being a bit “Basingstoke” in where it’s situated.

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:31 - Feb 21 with 1447 viewsJ2BLUE

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:20 - Feb 21 by WD19

How can somewhere be tinpot based on population size?

Truly impaired.

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:39 - Feb 21 with 1416 viewsgordon

The difference in vaccination rates is not going to be driving these differences. On the 16th February, 33.5% had been vaccinated in England, and 32.3% in Scotland.

I'd guess that across all these regions, the key driver of current trends will be the proportion of the population who've been infected in in the last 6 months or so - in some of those English regions, there just won't be many people that haven't already been exposed in the virus recently.

So effectively what's driving this apparent difference is how poorly the pandemic has been handled in England relative to Scotland.
The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 21:37 - Feb 21 with 1296 viewsGlasgowBlue

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:05 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

Falkirk and Stirling are like Ipswich and Colchester. Fife and Perth & Kinross are like Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.

Falkirk, Stirling, Perth & Kinross, Fife, City of Edinburgh and West Lothian all border each other, Making up One massive area rather than the small regions you are attempting to portray.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 21:53]

Iron Lion Zion

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 00:28 - Feb 22 with 1092 viewsDarth_Koont

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 21:37 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

Falkirk and Stirling are like Ipswich and Colchester. Fife and Perth & Kinross are like Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.

Falkirk, Stirling, Perth & Kinross, Fife, City of Edinburgh and West Lothian all border each other, Making up One massive area rather than the small regions you are attempting to portray.

Thanks for explaining the geography of east central Scotland to me. And even when you create a new region, that’s still a lot less than the population of South West England, for example.

And just look at the total number of cases. With infections still occurring throughout the UK cases are going to go up in much smaller areas even when the overall trend on national and regional level is down.

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 00:33 - Feb 22 with 1086 viewsDarth_Koont

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 20:39 - Feb 21 by gordon

The difference in vaccination rates is not going to be driving these differences. On the 16th February, 33.5% had been vaccinated in England, and 32.3% in Scotland.

I'd guess that across all these regions, the key driver of current trends will be the proportion of the population who've been infected in in the last 6 months or so - in some of those English regions, there just won't be many people that haven't already been exposed in the virus recently.

So effectively what's driving this apparent difference is how poorly the pandemic has been handled in England relative to Scotland.

Well said.

But harsh. Glassers needs this!

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 01:51 - Feb 22 with 1028 viewsKievthegreat

Firstly, you're not counting correctly. 12 authorities in Scotland are up, 20 are down. That's not cases up in half the "Regions", which brings me onto the next point.

You seem to be comparing Scottish Local authorities with English regions. Here's the appropriate table for English local authorities.

Your table was comparing towns like Falkirk with a population around 40,000 with the East Midlands which has 4,000,000+ people over multiple large cities. While England's rates are for the most part going down, they are still very high in some local authorities and data will always be more variable when looking at smaller sets of data. For instance one of the areas with increasing rates had an increase of more than 60%. Thing is it's the orkneys and the cases rose to a staggering 5! It could literally be one family! That's not comparable to the West Midlands which is the same population as all of Scotland.

Thirdly, if you look at the overall trends:

Both are reducing, England had 17% reduction and Scotland had a 6% reduction. But worth noting that the respective rates (by quick hand calculation) are 100 per 100k in Scotland and 120 per 100k in England. So actually, Scotland has less cases than England still and as we can see is reducing!
The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 07:59 - Feb 22 with 846 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

GB in 'definitely not a Tory and definitely never wrong' shocker.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 08:18 - Feb 22 with 819 viewsHerbivore

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 01:51 - Feb 22 by Kievthegreat

Firstly, you're not counting correctly. 12 authorities in Scotland are up, 20 are down. That's not cases up in half the "Regions", which brings me onto the next point.

You seem to be comparing Scottish Local authorities with English regions. Here's the appropriate table for English local authorities.

Your table was comparing towns like Falkirk with a population around 40,000 with the East Midlands which has 4,000,000+ people over multiple large cities. While England's rates are for the most part going down, they are still very high in some local authorities and data will always be more variable when looking at smaller sets of data. For instance one of the areas with increasing rates had an increase of more than 60%. Thing is it's the orkneys and the cases rose to a staggering 5! It could literally be one family! That's not comparable to the West Midlands which is the same population as all of Scotland.

Both are reducing, England had 17% reduction and Scotland had a 6% reduction. But worth noting that the respective rates (by quick hand calculation) are 100 per 100k in Scotland and 120 per 100k in England. So actually, Scotland has less cases than England still and as we can see is reducing!

This is a clinical dismantling. Well played, sir.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 08:37 - Feb 22 with 780 viewsgordon

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 21:37 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

This is a COVID misinformation thread. Not a great look and you'd be doing the right thing now if you just edited the OP to state that what you've tried to say is nonsense.
The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 08:45 - Feb 22 with 762 viewsGlasgowBlue

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 01:51 - Feb 22 by Kievthegreat

That’s very fair. It would appear that I wasn’t comparing apples with oranges.

However, as your link clearly states England had 17% reduction and Scotland had a 6% reduction. That is a massive difference. England clearly got ahead of Scotland in the vaccination and appears to be reaping the benefits regarding infection rates some weeks later.

Iron Lion Zion

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 08:51 - Feb 22 with 749 viewsGlasgowBlue

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 07:59 - Feb 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

GB in 'definitely not a Tory and definitely never wrong' shocker.

Yes. Criticism of the Scottish government’s poor handling of the vaccine rollout is exclusively a “Tory” issue.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fury-scotlands-coronairus-vacci

Scottish Labour’s interim leader Jackie Baillie said: “The First Minister insists the Scottish Government is reaching its vaccination targets but they have set the bar too low and now we have become the UK’s ­underachievers on roll-out rates.

“With vaccinations slowing down, the Scottish Government needs to push ahead with a more effective plan that can speed up the pace. They must show more ambition and outline details for a full 24-hour vaccination rollout.

“If we are in race against the virus then we’re losing that race and it is the people of Scotland who are paying
the price.”

Scottish Lib Dem leader Willie Rennie said: “It was clearly a bogus claim that Scotland’s roll-out was slower because care homes took longer. England’s care homes are all but done and their nationwide roll-out is still racing ahead. The care home excuse was bogus.

“The gap with England is growing with Scotland even further behind by the equivalent of 182,000 vaccinations.

“We knew this vaccine was coming so had time to prepare. We even had a warning sign when the flu campaign stumbled in the autumn yet the Scottish Government were still not ready.

“When we have vaccines in our hands it is unforgivable to leave ­vulnerable people without protection. The First Minister has let people down when it mattered most.”

You should stick to your tin hattery threads where you try to put people off to taking the vaccine banksy.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 8:57]

Iron Lion Zion

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 09:24 - Feb 22 with 701 viewsGlasgowBlue

The difference between a rapid vaccination rollout on 08:37 - Feb 22 by gordon

This is a COVID misinformation thread. Not a great look and you'd be doing the right thing now if you just edited the OP to state that what you've tried to say is nonsense.

Oh give over you big girl’s blouse.

Saying that a slow roll out of the vaccine in Scotland is a factor and contributo in the rise of the COVID rate in a large number of Scottish local authority areas is an opinion. It’s not dangerous misinformation.

Stating that lockdowns don’t work, corners were cut to approve vaccines, the hospital wards are empty or COVID is no worse than the flu is COVID misinformation.

All I know is that my brother is six years younger than I am and living in England will see him vaccinated at least a month before I am.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 9:26]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024