Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best away trip of this century..... 20:23 - Mar 1 with 2778 viewstrulyblue

Was anyone else who frequents this board in Harry's bar?

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:26 - Mar 1 with 2499 viewsPinewoodblue

didn't manage to get in but they let wife in to see if her eldest son was inside.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:36 - Mar 1 with 2436 viewsBluedanW

Yes great few days in Sweden.
A day in helsingborg. A night in malmo and then the last night in Gothenburg.
I must admit I was so drunk I slept the first half, but woke up in time for the important 2nd half .
Malcolm up on the pool table in Harry's bar orchestrating the pub was funny

Moscow was good too. Liberec, Luxembourg 2 more.

Italy was a let down, one night in Milan and another in Genoa
Play off final weren't bad either.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 20:38]
Best away trip of this century..... on 20:39 - Mar 1 with 2415 viewsFunge

Most fun I've ever had watching Towun.

Liberec a year later a close second.
Best away trip of this century..... on 20:42 - Mar 1 with 2405 viewsMelford

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:39 - Mar 1 by Funge

My old man loved it. I know I've showed this millions of times before but it's my old man running on the pitch live on TV . Bang on 5.00 here he comes

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:45 - Mar 1 with 2368 viewsBluedanW

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:36 - Mar 1 by BluedanW

Yes great few days in Sweden.
A day in helsingborg. A night in malmo and then the last night in Gothenburg.
I must admit I was so drunk I slept the first half, but woke up in time for the important 2nd half .
Malcolm up on the pool table in Harry's bar orchestrating the pub was funny

Moscow was good too. Liberec, Luxembourg 2 more.

Italy was a let down, one night in Milan and another in Genoa
Play off final weren't bad either.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 20:38]

A few of us shared the away season tickets in 2000/2001.
Hard to choose between some of the away games i went to including wins at leeds, Everton, Liverpool, man city, derby, coventry, West ham and middlesbrough
Middlesbrough was a great turnaround, however missed both goals as smoking a cigarette down stairs after half time.

Those were the days
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 20:47]
Best away trip of this century..... on 20:47 - Mar 1 with 2358 viewsArnieM

Town vs WBA in FA Cup semi final. That bloody clock ( Highbury clock end), just would move !!! And Seeing Mick Mills going down on his knees in prayer when we got the goal that meant we were off to Wembley.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:51 - Mar 1 with 2324 viewsBluedanW

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:39 - Mar 1 by Funge

I remember we had about 10 of us go.
We hired a minibus from our hotel in Prague.

Brand new Mercedes. We left about 11am, and got to the pub near the ground early. Kick off was about 10pm.
Drinking all day and tickets plus hire of the bus cost us £20
A head. We still managed to give the bus driver who stayed in liberec all day with us a massive tip.
We were even drinking the 35p pint instead of the cheaper 25p pint haha
Best away trip of this century..... on 20:58 - Mar 1 with 2284 viewstrulyblue

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:51 - Mar 1 by BluedanW

Brand new Mercedes. We left about 11am, and got to the pub near the ground early. Kick off was about 10pm.
A head. We still managed to give the bus driver who stayed in liberec all day with us a massive tip.

Were you in that bar close to the ground with the fishing nets covering the ceiling? We got there early after travelling from Prague in a coach and the landlord saw the opportunity to double his drinks prices, they were the equivalent of 30p a pint when we arrived and had been increased to 60p by the time we left just before kick off.... Gutted!

Login to get fewer ads

Best away trip of this century..... on 21:03 - Mar 1 with 2241 viewsxrayspecs

Missed Helsingborg, but went to Moscow and Milan that season. Both fantastic away trips. Moscow was an eye opener - the police presence, going off the beaten track to see the real Moscow, which is so different to the tourist areas, great food if you liked dill. Milan became an extended stay as was combined with a work trip. Flew out with Sheepy, got a chance to chat with him at the airport and big night out after the game in an underground club,

Went to Luxembourg the following season. Musical chairs in the town square as the local Oompah band played. TWTD.
Best away trip of this century..... on 21:05 - Mar 1 with 2231 viewsBluedanW

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:58 - Mar 1 by trulyblue

Were you in that bar close to the ground with the fishing nets covering the ceiling? We got there early after travelling from Prague in a coach and the landlord saw the opportunity to double his drinks prices, they were the equivalent of 30p a pint when we arrived and had been increased to 60p by the time we left just before kick off.... Gutted!

Yes that's the one. We pulled our long table over to the bar.
We had malcolm With us lol. He was up on the table and I pulled his trousers down to reveal his great union Jack boxer shorts.
We got tickets and ended up in with a load of home fans.
I remember I went to the toilet and came back to police with riot shields everywhere. Spent the last 10 mins with a baton in my face. I cant believe there was only 6500 total fans there. Must of been 200 police officers in our end
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 21:08]
Best away trip of this century..... on 21:11 - Mar 1 with 2199 viewsBluedanW

Best away trip of this century..... on 21:03 - Mar 1 by xrayspecs

Missed Helsingborg, but went to Moscow and Milan that season. Both fantastic away trips. Moscow was an eye opener - the police presence, going off the beaten track to see the real Moscow, which is so different to the tourist areas, great food if you liked dill. Milan became an extended stay as was combined with a work trip. Flew out with Sheepy, got a chance to chat with him at the airport and big night out after the game in an underground club,

Went to Luxembourg the following season. Musical chairs in the town square as the local Oompah band played. TWTD.

The Russian police stopped me on the way to the ground as I was carrying a flag. They dragged me onto a bus full of police officers that looked more like the army. Told me I should not drink when going to watch football. They then preceded to take €50 off me as a fine and sent me on my way. Not sure if it was for not carrying papers with me or as I had been drinking.
Best away trip of this century..... on 21:13 - Mar 1 with 2166 viewsnoggin

Yep. What a few days that was. Copenhagen was bouncing with Town fans.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Best away trip of this century..... on 21:17 - Mar 1 with 2155 viewsxrayspecs

Best away trip of this century..... on 21:11 - Mar 1 by BluedanW

The Russian police stopped me on the way to the ground as I was carrying a flag. They dragged me onto a bus full of police officers that looked more like the army. Told me I should not drink when going to watch football. They then preceded to take €50 off me as a fine and sent me on my way. Not sure if it was for not carrying papers with me or as I had been drinking.

Detail is unimportant. We saw Town fans being fined in Red Square for a whole range of indiscretions. Throwing cigarette butts to the ground, not carrying ID, being stupid looking.

To be fair, those in the ground who effectively man-marked us aggressively quickly realised we were no threat and we had good time with them. Trying to navigate the tube where all the information was in Cyrillic was a challenge. Good times.
Best away trip of this century..... on 21:20 - Mar 1 with 2131 viewstrulyblue

Best away trip of this century..... on 21:03 - Mar 1 by xrayspecs

I was in the square for the musical chairs, it was hilarious. I remember going to a bar that didn't have a front door, everyone had to enter and exit through a window!

Best away trip of this century..... on 21:35 - Mar 1 with 2052 viewstrulyblue

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:47 - Mar 1 by ArnieM

Town vs WBA in FA Cup semi final. That bloody clock ( Highbury clock end), just would move !!! And Seeing Mick Mills going down on his knees in prayer when we got the goal that meant we were off to Wembley.

You obviously didn't see the 'this century' part of the original post 🤣.... Good memory though.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 21:35]

Best away trip of this century..... on 22:01 - Mar 1 with 1974 viewsMillsyVOR

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:47 - Mar 1 by ArnieM

Yep, was there!... Posture, posture!!
Best away trip of this century..... on 22:05 - Mar 1 with 1953 viewsFunge

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:51 - Mar 1 by BluedanW

6 of us went for dinner before the game, had 4-5 pints each and a bloody great steak in some bar in Liberec.

Bill came at the end and it was £12, which we all thought was bloody good value per person. Then the waiter said no, it's £12 in total. Nuts.

The Friday afterwards in Prague is the drunkest I've ever been.

Really good times.
Best away trip of this century..... on 22:09 - Mar 1 with 1936 viewsBluedanW

Best away trip of this century..... on 21:05 - Mar 1 by BluedanW

Yes that's the one. We pulled our long table over to the bar.
We had malcolm With us lol. He was up on the table and I pulled his trousers down to reveal his great union Jack boxer shorts.
We got tickets and ended up in with a load of home fans.
I remember I went to the toilet and came back to police with riot shields everywhere. Spent the last 10 mins with a baton in my face. I cant believe there was only 6500 total fans there. Must of been 200 police officers in our end
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 21:08]

https://app.photobucket.com/u/bluedanw/p/5b6b644a-420a-48d6-99b3-8a64dc0e38b8
Best away trip of this century..... on 22:32 - Mar 1 with 1851 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:42 - Mar 1 by Melford

My old man loved it. I know I've showed this millions of times before but it's my old man running on the pitch live on TV . Bang on 5.00 here he comes

And that’s what it’s all about. We’ve not had anywhere near enough excitement and emotion over the last 14—15 years.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best away trip of this century..... on 23:34 - Mar 1 with 1745 viewswitchdoctor

Best away trip of this century..... on 20:58 - Mar 1 by trulyblue

ha ha...I ended up serving behind the bar cos bloke couldn’t cope...I reckon they still talk about the day Town-paid a visit.
Best away trip of this century..... on 23:42 - Mar 1 with 1724 viewsStNeotsBlue

Best away trip of this century..... on 21:13 - Mar 1 by noggin

Yep. What a few days that was. Copenhagen was bouncing with Town fans.

Had 4 very heavy nights in Copenhagen, I felt a bit broken when I got home.

Other than the football and the beer one of my main memory was the ticket collector on the train from Copenhagen to Malmo being one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Had a carriage full of rowdy Town fans eating out of her hand!
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 0:10]
Best away trip of this century..... on 06:38 - Mar 2 with 1560 viewsellerblue

A great trip i remember the bar staff wearing town t shirts, sheepshanks coming into the bar. Moscow coaches from hotel stopped by police searched then straight into ground at airport when boarding flight all you could see was rows of fur hats. Liberec the pub near the ground at the fork of the roads and the police all dressed up looking like Darth vader

Heinsberg Blue

Best away trip of this century..... on 07:06 - Mar 2 with 1514 viewslazyblue

No , bloody child due date around then couldn’t go. I have always held a grudge ever since with him!
Best away trip of this century..... on 08:52 - Mar 2 with 1366 viewsGeoffSentence

Best away trip of this century..... on 22:01 - Mar 1 by MillsyVOR

Yep, was there!... Posture, posture!!

Mick Mills did have, and I think still does have, the most wonderful posture. Absolutely upright, like a sergeant-major, walking advert for the alexander technique.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Best away trip of this century..... on 10:47 - Mar 2 with 1238 viewsBluespeed225

Those Russian military birds at the airport, full make up and stiletto heels, like an Austin Powers film! Took US dollars on advice, only the furry hat bloke took them! A lovely waitress spoke English and pointed out a bank, I’m sure we were done on the exchange rate, but I still have Rubles which you can’t change here! Went round the corner, Maccy D was full of Town fans looking for a toilet! A sneezing outbreak on the plane home due to the hats,
I have pictures of Sheepy in Harry’s Bar on the shoulders of fans. Tuborg all dayer, over on that little ferry, back on a posh one! Copenhagen nights! TWTD indeed..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024