Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood 22:31 - Mar 9 with 1210 viewsITFCMonk

Can't be just me but I've been going more and more off him every game he plays, particularly in that lone striker role which is an important one. I think Parrott deserves his chance in that position, or wouldn't even mind Jackson there.
James Norwood on 22:35 - Mar 9 with 1160 viewsdavblue

The bloke needs some service.
James Norwood on 22:40 - Mar 9 with 1130 viewsGarv

Jackson as a lone striker? Sorry, but that's just terrifying.

Parrot is physical and I like him but he's not got the same qualities that Norwood has to be able to play up top alone. Norwood isn't a world beater but anyone can see he's our best option for that role. Prior to Saturday he scored three winning goals in a row for goodness sake.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

James Norwood on 22:43 - Mar 9 with 1104 viewsITFCMonk

James Norwood on 22:40 - Mar 9 by Garv

Parrot is physical and I like him but he's not got the same qualities that Norwood has to be able to play up top alone. Norwood isn't a world beater but anyone can see he's our best option for that role. Prior to Saturday he scored three winning goals in a row for goodness sake.

I agree Jackson wouldn't suit the role as much. Its more of a Hawkins / Drinan role but would be good to see Parrott up there.
James Norwood on 22:44 - Mar 9 with 1091 viewsGlasgowBlue

James Norwood on 22:40 - Mar 9 by Garv

The best player we had as a lone striker this season was Ollie Hawkins. His hold up play brought the rest of the team into goal scoring positions.

Norwood won’t do that. He is far better with another striker like Kayden Jackson alongside him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

James Norwood on 22:46 - Mar 9 with 1069 viewsIllinoisblue

He gets no service and the times he does win a header there’s nobody close to him to feed off. What is so wrong with playing two up front?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

James Norwood on 22:49 - Mar 9 with 1049 viewsMrTown

Starved of anything in supply. Any one of our strikers would have been isolated up there tonight.

Sometimes you’ve got to look deeper at who is providing the chances, very little tonight, from either side really.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

James Norwood on 22:55 - Mar 9 with 1009 viewsNthQldITFC

James Norwood on 22:44 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

The best player we had as a lone striker this season was Ollie Hawkins. His hold up play brought the rest of the team into goal scoring positions.

Norwood won’t do that. He is far better with another striker like Kayden Jackson alongside him.

And it will be more so now that somebody isn't asking the two wide players to double up as touchline inspectors. Got to be Norwood or Hawkins in that role.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

James Norwood on 22:58 - Mar 9 with 983 viewsGarv

Norwood's shown touches of that too, and he'll get more goals than Hawkins. Runs in behind too despite not being particularly quick.

Hawkins did have his role for a while though, he'd definitely be useful to have fit again. Doubt we'll see him much though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood on 09:55 - Mar 10 with 685 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I think he looks a bit jaded, but he’s still our best option in this formation imo. I don’t see anybody else in the squad performing the role as well. Hawkins would be an option if fit but he’s more of an out and out target man. Norwood is far more mobile.

Poll: Our final position

James Norwood on 10:04 - Mar 10 with 652 viewsVaughan8

At Tranmere he usually played as a lone striker. In fact when he had Andy Cook up front with him, he didn't score as many, so i'm not having this "he can't play the lone striker" rubbish. He can, but the system we play must not suit him as well. Also, we don't create an awful lot. Norwood scored loads that one season, cos he got loads of chances....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024