Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? 21:23 - Apr 7 with 2391 viewsunstableblue

That Suffolk Punch looks weird

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 21:45 - Apr 7 with 2138 viewsSuperCoops

I was thinking the font in the text on the badge didn't look quite right.

Wasn't sure if it was my OCD or not.
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 21:57 - Apr 7 with 2059 viewsunstableblue

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 21:45 - Apr 7 by SuperCoops

The horses head features are whack!! What are they doing!?

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 22:50 - Apr 7 with 1876 viewsSuperCoops

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 21:57 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

The horses head features are whack!! What are they doing!?

Compare the Suffolk Punch's tail to what it should be too. Definitely not using the official badge.

Also look at the back leg of the Punch!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 22:56]
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:04 - Apr 7 with 1827 viewsPinewoodblue

It is the standard club badge they haven't altered it in any way.. Why do people look for things that aren't there?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:05 - Apr 7 with 1817 viewsSuperCoops

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:04 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

It is the standard club badge they haven't altered it in any way.. Why do people look for things that aren't there?

Look at the back leg of the horse, look at the tail etc. The font is also different.
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:14 - Apr 7 with 1761 viewsunstableblue

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:04 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

What are you talking about?!?

This is the front cover of our local newspaper printing a significantly different rendition of the badge.

Do you not know your own clubs badge?

Here is our badge

https://images.app.goo.gl/XSLQW4yiboxS4t6g7

Here is this weird blunted faced odd thing from the EADT:

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:23 - Apr 7 with 1714 viewsBLUEBEAT

Copyrighted logo, so using something similar to avoid paying a usage fee?

Poll: W or W

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:23 - Apr 7 with 1710 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:14 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

This is the front cover of our local newspaper printing a significantly different rendition of the badge.

Here is our badge

There appear to be slightly different versions around. These are very minor differences that you have to look very carefully at to notice. I suspect this is a version that is slightly out of date compared to the most recent one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:30 - Apr 7 with 1666 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:23 - Apr 7 by BLUEBEAT

Copyrighted logo, so using something similar to avoid paying a usage fee?

Wouldn't have thought so. That is far too similar to avoid copyright issues I would have thought.

More likely that the club changes the badge slightly every so often and we haven't noticed these more subtle changes.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:30 - Apr 7 with 1670 viewsSouperJim

I know a bit about design and print and I think what they have done is use some software to create a vector image of the club badge, using a raster. This is probably because they don't have anything other than what you or I could get from Google, which isn't good enough to scale up for print purposes.

It looks a bit "off" because the software basically gives it's best guess. You'd need to do it manually to get a more accurate render.

Kind of bonkers that the local press don't have access to the real thing, but I've noticed even the club seem to use low res rasters all over the place. I do wonder if a print ready vector even exists!

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 08:28 - Apr 8 with 1466 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:14 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

Here is our badge

Even the tail's a weird flop compared to the sharp, graceful curve of the real one.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 08:34 - Apr 8 with 1430 viewssolemio

Oh, what an important thread this is.
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 08:36 - Apr 8 with 1423 viewsblue62

Yup is definately been fiddled with, maybe a canary attacked it.

Strange that the club or the paper cannot supply a standard logo to use, bit sloppy from both parties.

Font is wrong, horse is dodgy. Sack the art director.
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 08:49 - Apr 8 with 1373 viewsTieDyedIn95

An altered version to get round the clubs image use policy.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 08:58 - Apr 8 with 1335 viewsCount_Arthur

You're right, the logo is wrong - I work in a printers in Ipswich and have dealt with print for the club for years.

The horses' legs are wrong, the joints been rounded off and the font is squashed. I don't think it's a conscious effort to change it more a f*k up with an Archant designer or what ITFCs marketing department have supplied?
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 09:03 - Apr 8 with 1320 viewsCount_Arthur

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:30 - Apr 7 by SouperJim

I know a bit about design and print and I think what they have done is use some software to create a vector image of the club badge, using a raster. This is probably because they don't have anything other than what you or I could get from Google, which isn't good enough to scale up for print purposes.

It looks a bit "off" because the software basically gives it's best guess. You'd need to do it manually to get a more accurate render.

Kind of bonkers that the local press don't have access to the real thing, but I've noticed even the club seem to use low res rasters all over the place. I do wonder if a print ready vector even exists!

A print ready vector / EPS does exist, it's usually external designers not being able to get hold of the correct file. The guy who is / was head of this stuff at Ipswich wasn't the best, and I think a lot of the artwork for Archant is done overseas.
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 09:12 - Apr 8 with 1276 viewsNthQldITFC

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 23:30 - Apr 7 by SouperJim

Yeah, it looks heavily smoothed, probably saved a few crucial kB there. And the tail outline has been manually redrawn I think, as well as replacing the text because the vector redraw of the original would have looked funny.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 09:16 - Apr 8 with 1262 viewsArnieM

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 21:45 - Apr 7 by SuperCoops

LOVE the avatar !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 09:21 - Apr 8 with 1230 viewsGeoffSentence

That poor punch doesn't eve have a nostril. It's a mouth-breather.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 09:44 - Apr 8 with 1172 viewsMannersBlue

Exactly this. Have done this in the past when clients can only provide a tiny JPG of their logo and need it blown up and it can have some strange effects like you can see on their front page.
Why have the EADT and Star got the ITFC badge wrong on the front cover??? on 13:46 - Apr 8 with 1020 viewsBluespeed225

First order of business, re-enstate the current home shirt, old, badge permanently! Next, state that next seasons kit will be an exact copy of that worn at the start of the 72/3 season.
Ground improvements. 1 ,Paint the girders in NS lower, very annoying. 2, get rid of the tarp’ that has been behind me for last 10 years at back of NS lower. 3, get rid of the puddle by the west stand where they plug in the sprinklers! The football will then look after itself😀
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024