Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook’s recruitment 19:34 - Apr 21 with 1881 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

With Wigan confirming Richardson permanently, will this affect Cook’s chances of landing some ‘trusted’ players he’s had before?

Players like Lee Evans, Tom Pearce and Gavin Massey for example, I thought they’d be Ipswich bound this summer but will they want to relocate family and move from Wigan now?

Richardson staying with Wigan was no surprise. I guess the best case for us is they go down and their more experienced players want to stay in L1.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Cook’s recruitment on 19:37 - Apr 21 with 1839 viewschrismakin

We might be shopping in a completely different pot of players now, so it may not matter, but if we were going down that route, it would hurt the % chance of getting them I would imagine as really apart from £, they wouldn't have a reason to move.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook’s recruitment on 19:46 - Apr 21 with 1779 viewsWicklowBlue

No I don't think so.

There is going to be a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season. For once it appears that we will be in prime position to go and get who we want. Certainly we are a much more attractive sell to agents/players now with new backing, vision and setup. Ultimately I think if we really want someone we have the funds to get them.

Plus maybe we'll do some fishing in lower championship squads.
Cook’s recruitment on 19:49 - Apr 21 with 1763 viewsITFC_Jenx

Bigger budget now for recruitment.

I still think we'll offer contract to Evans and Massey and it will be their decision. Possibly able to offer a more lucrative contract than Wigan but can't be sure of that.
Cook’s recruitment on 20:52 - Apr 21 with 1603 viewsMrTown

Lee Evans and Gavin Massey are out of contract at Wigan anyway.

Tom Pearce would be a fantastic signing, has one year to run.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Cook’s recruitment on 20:59 - Apr 21 with 1568 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect the biggest impact of Richardson's appointment at Wigan will be the triggering of hundreds of threads on here saying Cook can't work without him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cook’s recruitment on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 1517 viewsTieDyedIn95

Do we really want players who have been relegated a few times on the bounce now?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Cook’s recruitment on 21:09 - Apr 21 with 1508 viewsjontysnut

Unless we're throwing money around like City I still struggle to see who is going to want to come here. I'm happy to give Cook time but I wonder if potential signings, or their agents, think he's got a limited shelf life.
Cook’s recruitment on 21:13 - Apr 21 with 1474 viewschrismakin

Cook’s recruitment on 21:09 - Apr 21 by jontysnut

Unless we're throwing money around like City I still struggle to see who is going to want to come here. I'm happy to give Cook time but I wonder if potential signings, or their agents, think he's got a limited shelf life.

"still struggle to see who is going to want to come here"

Why exactly?

Nice ground - yep
Successful manager - yep
New Owners and structure - yep
Ambition and finances to match - yep

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Cook’s recruitment on 22:02 - Apr 21 with 1351 viewsGuthrum

Cook’s recruitment on 21:13 - Apr 21 by chrismakin

"still struggle to see who is going to want to come here"

Why exactly?

Nice ground - yep
Successful manager - yep
New Owners and structure - yep
Ambition and finances to match - yep

Think also we're still perceived as a club belonging at a higher level than League One.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cook’s recruitment on 22:29 - Apr 21 with 1300 viewsPJH

Cook’s recruitment on 22:02 - Apr 21 by Guthrum

Think also we're still perceived as a club belonging at a higher level than League One.

I like nostalgia posts.
Cook’s recruitment on 22:52 - Apr 21 with 1242 viewsChurchman

Cook’s recruitment on 22:02 - Apr 21 by Guthrum

I wish it was the case but I don’t think so now. Stalwarts of the old 3rd Division.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 22:53]
Cook’s recruitment on 00:19 - Apr 22 with 1144 viewsHARRY10

With new owners I would suggest that 'picking over the carcass' of Wigan is now off the menu, more so given like they may well now stay up.

Pearce will head to the CHs, if he moves.
Cook’s recruitment on 07:30 - Apr 22 with 970 viewsArnieM

Cook’s recruitment on 21:09 - Apr 21 by jontysnut

Sorry, but that’s a ridiculous conclusion to come to based on his assistance not joining us.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Cook’s recruitment on 15:51 - Apr 22 with 704 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Under FFP what can we realistically spend to recruit both on fees and wages? It won't be more than 1million for total fees surely? We have no income?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024