Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replacing TAA 11:26 - Jun 3 with 1861 viewsBluefish

Should Gareth

A) add another defender/right back because otherwise it will look as though he called up 4 rbs for the sake of it

B) go with the hype for Lingard

C) do the sensible thing and add another striker

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Replacing TAA on 11:28 - Jun 3 with 1718 viewsTractorCam

I still can't believe Bamford didn't make the original cut. If we were to add a midfielder it should be more of a sitting one rather than an attacking one, and for that i'd opt for Ward-Prowse.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Replacing TAA on 11:29 - Jun 3 with 1718 viewsOsborneOneNil

I think Ward-Prowse is a sensible choice.

On the striker front, I'm still amazed that Calvert-Lewin is in......never International class.
Replacing TAA on 11:29 - Jun 3 with 1712 viewsKesgrave_Exile

I personally feel that James Ward-Prowse should have gone as he is lethal with free kicks so I would take him. I don't understand the hype about Kalvin Phillips he hasn't exactly pulled up trees when he has played for England.
Replacing TAA on 11:38 - Jun 3 with 1671 viewsvilanovablue

I'd like Ben White to be selected I feel we need more CB cover. We all know how taking injured players to tournaments usually ends.
Replacing TAA on 11:39 - Jun 3 with 1667 viewsMrTown

James Ward Prowse for me.

I think we are slightly light in midfield, and JWP has played RB for Saints this year as an emergency.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Replacing TAA on 11:42 - Jun 3 with 1658 viewsNazemariner

Lingard of course.

He is the most in form English player, and if that doesn't get you into an England squad, then i'm baffled as to what will.
Replacing TAA on 11:43 - Jun 3 with 1655 viewsJammyDodgerrr

As much as i think Lingard deserves the spot, i think you have to take JWP for the utility.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Replacing TAA on 11:43 - Jun 3 with 1654 viewsBluefish

Replacing TAA on 11:38 - Jun 3 by vilanovablue

I'd like Ben White to be selected I feel we need more CB cover. We all know how taking injured players to tournaments usually ends.

CB could be an issue. Maguire is injured and Mings took a lot of knocks last night. I would rather white or Godfrey than lingard or jwp. I really rate ward prowse though

Login to get fewer ads

Replacing TAA on 11:46 - Jun 3 with 1627 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lingard or Ward-Prowse for me

You’d have to be a particular kind of special to conclude it was 4 RB’s for the sake of it if he doesn’t replace him with another defender, given TAA is versatile enough to cover midfield in a pinch and the larger squad meant there was some logic for taking some extra ‘luxury’ options to allow us to setup differently against different teams if we wished

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Replacing TAA on 12:24 - Jun 3 with 1542 viewsjayessess

Provided you're comfortable with the fitness of your centre backs, I think JWP is the obvious candidate to give you more options.

Why on Earth would we need another striker? We only play 1 and have 3?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Replacing TAA on 12:28 - Jun 3 with 1528 viewsDeano69

Ward-Prowse

Double barrel names only please

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Replacing TAA on 12:29 - Jun 3 with 1518 viewsitfctilidie

Norwood is available
Replacing TAA on 12:37 - Jun 3 with 1498 viewsRobTheMonk

I'd go for Ward-Prowse of Lingard. I think we're short a central midfielder with an eye for a pass.
Replacing TAA on 12:41 - Jun 3 with 1489 viewsitfcjoe

I would go in preference order for where i think the squad needs a bit extra

1) JWP
2) Godfrey/White
3) Lingard
4) Watkins

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Replacing TAA on 12:51 - Jun 3 with 1439 viewsOsborneOneNil

Replacing TAA on 12:41 - Jun 3 by itfcjoe

I would go in preference order for where i think the squad needs a bit extra

1) JWP
2) Godfrey/White
3) Lingard
4) Watkins

Again, on the strikers, I'd have had Bamford, and then Watkins, ahead of Calvert-Lewin.
Replacing TAA on 12:53 - Jun 3 with 1431 viewsBluefish

Replacing TAA on 12:24 - Jun 3 by jayessess

Provided you're comfortable with the fitness of your centre backs, I think JWP is the obvious candidate to give you more options.

Why on Earth would we need another striker? We only play 1 and have 3?

We have 2

Replacing TAA on 12:54 - Jun 3 with 1422 viewsBluefish

Replacing TAA on 11:46 - Jun 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Lingard or Ward-Prowse for me

You’d have to be a particular kind of special to conclude it was 4 RB’s for the sake of it if he doesn’t replace him with another defender, given TAA is versatile enough to cover midfield in a pinch and the larger squad meant there was some logic for taking some extra ‘luxury’ options to allow us to setup differently against different teams if we wished

Just so we are clear, by your logic unless you are a particular kind of special that means you might want Lingard to cover RB?

Really odd post of contradiction

Replacing TAA on 12:59 - Jun 3 with 1405 viewsitfctilidie

Replacing TAA on 11:43 - Jun 3 by Bluefish

CB could be an issue. Maguire is injured and Mings took a lot of knocks last night. I would rather white or Godfrey than lingard or jwp. I really rate ward prowse though

agree i think CB is going to cost us. I love the Mings Ipswich link but he gets drawn out to the left too much and has a mistake in him. Maguire isn't fit and ankles are notorious for flaring up with one wrong twist or turn. White or Godfrey for me
Replacing TAA on 13:00 - Jun 3 with 1394 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Replacing TAA on 12:54 - Jun 3 by Bluefish

Just so we are clear, by your logic unless you are a particular kind of special that means you might want Lingard to cover RB?

Really odd post of contradiction

No, you’d have to a pretty kind of special to interpret Lingard/JWP/AN Other being selected to replace TAA as meaning Lingard has been selected as cover at RB, when there are 3 other RB’s in the squad and the chances of needing cover there are minimal

Replacing TAA on 13:03 - Jun 3 with 1382 viewsBluefish

Replacing TAA on 13:00 - Jun 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, you’d have to a pretty kind of special to interpret Lingard/JWP/AN Other being selected to replace TAA as meaning Lingard has been selected as cover at RB, when there are 3 other RB’s in the squad and the chances of needing cover there are minimal

You are hilarious, it is like trying to reason with my wife.

Do we need 4 or not? If not why did we select 4 a couple of days ago? If yes why would we not replace like for like?

Selecting 4 was ridiculous. Claiming TAA would play in midfield instead is equally ridiculous. You are ridiculous

Replacing TAA on 13:10 - Jun 3 with 1358 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Replacing TAA on 13:03 - Jun 3 by Bluefish

You are hilarious, it is like trying to reason with my wife.

Do we need 4 or not? If not why did we select 4 a couple of days ago? If yes why would we not replace like for like?

Selecting 4 was ridiculous. Claiming TAA would play in midfield instead is equally ridiculous. You are ridiculous

Why did we select 4? Because the squads are bigger than before, and having got to about 24 players and required cover elsewhere Southgate probably thought f**k it, I may aswell go with TAA who offers something a bit different to the other RB’s and could feasibly end up being used, than a backup elsewhere that wouldn’t see the pitch barring a full blown crisis or dead rubber

Why not replace like for like? Because there isn’t another option like TAA

Was selecting 4 ridiculous? Not really, bearing in mind we’ll probably have 2 on the pitch at times and all 4 would probably have been used, whereas White/Godfrey/JWP/Lingard/Watkins may well not have been

Replacing TAA on 13:17 - Jun 3 with 1334 viewsBluefish

Replacing TAA on 13:10 - Jun 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Why did we select 4? Because the squads are bigger than before, and having got to about 24 players and required cover elsewhere Southgate probably thought f**k it, I may aswell go with TAA who offers something a bit different to the other RB’s and could feasibly end up being used, than a backup elsewhere that wouldn’t see the pitch barring a full blown crisis or dead rubber

Why not replace like for like? Because there isn’t another option like TAA

Was selecting 4 ridiculous? Not really, bearing in mind we’ll probably have 2 on the pitch at times and all 4 would probably have been used, whereas White/Godfrey/JWP/Lingard/Watkins may well not have been

Ridiculous

Replacing TAA on 13:17 - Jun 3 with 1330 viewsjayessess

Replacing TAA on 12:53 - Jun 3 by Bluefish

We have 2

Kane, DCL, Rashford is plenty for a short tournament. Sterling's played as a false 9 for City as well.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Replacing TAA on 13:19 - Jun 3 with 1323 viewsBluefish

Replacing TAA on 13:17 - Jun 3 by jayessess

Kane, DCL, Rashford is plenty for a short tournament. Sterling's played as a false 9 for City as well.

If we have Rashford or sterling as a central striker we aren't getting past the round of 16

Replacing TAA on 13:33 - Jun 3 with 1286 viewsvapour_trail

JWP.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024