Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? 20:39 - Aug 2 with 3602 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why not?

Peace and love

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 20:44 - Aug 2 with 2707 viewschicoazul

This can’t be right. TWTD said cases would go nuts after lockdown ended.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 20:54 - Aug 2 with 2636 viewsBloots

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 20:44 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

....1,000 deaths a day.

Apparently.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 21:34 - Aug 2 with 2528 viewsTonytown

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 20:54 - Aug 2 by Bloots

....1,000 deaths a day.

Apparently.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 22:13 - Aug 2 with 2406 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thankfully... they were wrong (at the moment anyway)

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 00:08 - Aug 3 with 2279 viewsZXBlue

There is much less testing with schools out. And probably much less mixing.
Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 09:21 - Aug 3 with 2055 viewsWeWereZombies

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 22:13 - Aug 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Thankfully... they were wrong (at the moment anyway)

Had a WhatApp from a friend in Hertfordshire this morning, latest graph shows cases rising faster than ever in her town - as you put in brackets, at the moment anyway,. But I can't help feeling that there is some concerted whistling in the dark going on.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 10:37 - Aug 3 with 1988 viewsBlueBadger

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 00:08 - Aug 3 by ZXBlue

There is much less testing with schools out. And probably much less mixing.

September going into October, with Universities and schools going back, plus cooler, damper weather, plus the football season being in full swing and more people eating/drinking indoors will be where problems manifest.

Particularly if booster jabbing is slow.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 13:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:01 - Aug 3 with 1895 viewschicoazul

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 20:54 - Aug 2 by Bloots

....1,000 deaths a day.

Apparently.

It’s almost as if easing lockdown when they did & how they did was the least-worst thing to do. Let’s be glad Chris Whitty doesn’t get his data from TWTD!!1!1!11

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:06 - Aug 3 with 1884 viewsNthsuffolkblue

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:01 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

It’s almost as if easing lockdown when they did & how they did was the least-worst thing to do. Let’s be glad Chris Whitty doesn’t get his data from TWTD!!1!1!11

How about we give it time for the data to be clear?

It is good that cases appear to be going down, however, the rolling 7 day average hadn't gone down last time it was shared on here. There are always going to be blips in the data for many reasons.

Of course, if there is a sustained drop in hospital admissions and deaths that is good news. I don't think it is good to then extrapolate from that the idea it is good to ignore scientific advice.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:09 - Aug 3 with 1878 viewschicoazul

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:06 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is good that cases appear to be going down, however, the rolling 7 day average hadn't gone down last time it was shared on here. There are always going to be blips in the data for many reasons.

Of course, if there is a sustained drop in hospital admissions and deaths that is good news. I don't think it is good to then extrapolate from that the idea it is good to ignore scientific advice.

I don’t see anyone here doing that and IRL I see most people still wearing masks. I just enjoy gently mocking the covid ravens on here that’s all.

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 12:16 - Aug 3 with 1844 viewsITFC62

It is also worth looking at the global numbers at:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

To my mind at least, they are far better than I expected.
100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:41 - Aug 3 with 1794 viewsBLUEGOLD

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:09 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

I don’t see anyone here doing that and IRL I see most people still wearing masks. I just enjoy gently mocking the covid ravens on here that’s all.

Cases down 27%

Tests down 14%

Deaths & hospitalisations going up
100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:44 - Aug 3 with 1786 viewsNthsuffolkblue

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:41 - Aug 3 by BLUEGOLD

Cases down 27%

Tests down 14%

Deaths & hospitalisations going up

To be fair, deaths and hospitalisations will track behind the others.

It is far too complex to pick and choose from those data and make a layman's conclusion. Which is why we should be trusting expert scientists for advice. If we don't have a spike off the back of "freedom day" it will be much more by luck than judgment.

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 12:47 - Aug 3 with 1777 viewsPassionNotAnger

why on earth would you take a really positive piece of news that is good for everyone and turn it into a negative jibe at (I assume) some largely anonymous people on a football forum.

Why can't people just celebrate or welcome good news without turning it into a stick to beat others with.

Such a shame
Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 13:00 - Aug 3 with 1740 viewsWeWereZombies

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 12:16 - Aug 3 by ITFC62

It is also worth looking at the global numbers at:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

To my mind at least, they are far better than I expected.

Although if you click on the 'Active cases' column to put it into ascending order you will see that the United KIngdom is second only to the United States in having the highest number of cases - well over a million. There are still some mighty sobering statistics going on.

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 13:07 - Aug 3 with 1711 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Some Monday evening positive news on Covid? on 13:00 - Aug 3 by WeWereZombies

Although if you click on the 'Active cases' column to put it into ascending order you will see that the United KIngdom is second only to the United States in having the highest number of cases - well over a million. There are still some mighty sobering statistics going on.

And a lot of variability in the way data is collected too.

"cases appear to be going down"..... on 13:08 - Aug 3 with 1714 viewsBloots

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:06 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

.....they don't appear to be going down, they are going down.

The 7 day average number of cases has been dropping for the last 12 days.

Nobody is ignoring the scientific advice, more mocking the fact that the scaremongers were quoting projections that were plainly ridiculous at the time and are now being proven so.

Cases may (god forbid) go back up again, but to deny there is a positive trend currently is just silly.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:12 - Aug 3 with 1699 viewsgiant_stow

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:09 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

In fairness, the pandemic is making monkeys out of everyone, including the expert modellers.

Must admit, I was one of those thinking this freedom day malachy would end in tears - big tears - very relieved to be wrong, or at least wrong to date.

Did we all see the story two days ago saying that 87% of adults have antibodies now and the herd immunity threshold is supposed to be 93%? In the words of that ty-fighter pilot that gets blown up in star wars just before Luke does the do, 'Almost there'

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:14 - Aug 3 with 1683 viewsEwan_Oozami

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:12 - Aug 3 by giant_stow

In fairness, the pandemic is making monkeys out of everyone, including the expert modellers.

Must admit, I was one of those thinking this freedom day malachy would end in tears - big tears - very relieved to be wrong, or at least wrong to date.

Did we all see the story two days ago saying that 87% of adults have antibodies now and the herd immunity threshold is supposed to be 93%? In the words of that ty-fighter pilot that gets blown up in star wars just before Luke does the do, 'Almost there'

Oh no - you've just upset the Star Wars freaks on here big time.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:14 - Aug 3 with 1682 viewschicoazul

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 12:44 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, deaths and hospitalisations will track behind the others.

It is far too complex to pick and choose from those data and make a layman's conclusion. Which is why we should be trusting expert scientists for advice. If we don't have a spike off the back of "freedom day" it will be much more by luck than judgment.

Hang on. You can’t say in one breath trust the experts they know their stuff and in the next breath say the only way we haven’t had a spike is through luck not judgement.

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:16 - Aug 3 with 1673 viewsWeWereZombies

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:14 - Aug 3 by Ewan_Oozami

A Nodger resembling JaJaBinks? Surely not...

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:16 - Aug 3 with 1668 viewschicoazul

“ty fighter”

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:17 - Aug 3 with 1666 viewsgiant_stow

I thought it was a loving tribute to a great moment. That guy so nearly stole Luke's thunder... he just didn;t quite have the force. 'negative, just impacted on the surfface' [spat out] . He didn't die get blown up did he? the Taxan hero. Now I realise my mistake.

Edit: and the ty fighter thing - thanks chico.

Edit2 after a google: Of course, I meant Luke's X-wing. Just testing.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 13:21]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:18 - Aug 3 with 1659 viewsgiant_stow

100,000 - 200,000 cases a day..... on 13:16 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

“ty fighter”

What should have it have been?! brutes!!!!!!!

"cases appear to be going down"..... on 13:19 - Aug 3 with 1652 viewschicoazul

"cases appear to be going down"..... on 13:08 - Aug 3 by Bloots

.....they don't appear to be going down, they are going down.

The 7 day average number of cases has been dropping for the last 12 days.

Nobody is ignoring the scientific advice, more mocking the fact that the scaremongers were quoting projections that were plainly ridiculous at the time and are now being proven so.

Cases may (god forbid) go back up again, but to deny there is a positive trend currently is just silly.

Anything positive - appears, seems to be, probably, looks like it may be
Anything negative - is, are, definitely, will be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024