Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues 13:10 - Aug 12 with 1874 viewsIllinoisblue

And to think we moaned about moss on the roof. https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2021/stadium-update-additional-information/

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 13:12 - Aug 12 with 1841 viewspointofblue

Well, it’s not like they’ve had eighteen months without supporters in the stadium to sort out the issue or anything...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 13:12 - Aug 12 with 1841 viewsKieran_Knows

It's not like they've had the last 18 months to sort these issues, is it?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 13:14 - Aug 12 with 1825 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And not enough empty seats in the rest of the ground for those who have to move.

Christ you’d be f**ked off with that wouldn’t you! Can’t see your team for 18 months, finally get a hone game and 48 hours before get told you can’t go because they’ve got a broken stadium. Nightmare

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 13:24 - Aug 12 with 1768 viewsEwan_Oozami

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 13:14 - Aug 12 by The_Romford_Blue

And not enough empty seats in the rest of the ground for those who have to move.

Christ you’d be f**ked off with that wouldn’t you! Can’t see your team for 18 months, finally get a hone game and 48 hours before get told you can’t go because they’ve got a broken stadium. Nightmare

They'll blame the Coventry fans...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 14:48 - Aug 12 with 1613 viewsFreddies_Ears

I had to check - luckily, the stand they have that is identical to our Cobbold Stand is not one of those closed down!!!!!
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 14:56 - Aug 12 with 1567 viewsPhilTWTD

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 14:48 - Aug 12 by Freddies_Ears

I had to check - luckily, the stand they have that is identical to our Cobbold Stand is not one of those closed down!!!!!

Never really noticed the similarities between those two stands until you mentioned it. Quite different inside from what I've seen of that stand at St Andrew's. There's a really tight wooden staircase up to the press box which surprises me passes muster these days.
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:00 - Aug 12 with 1544 viewsPhilTWTD

Portman Road is far from the only ground lacking a bit of TLC in my experience, some are a fair bot worse, to be honest.
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:06 - Aug 12 with 1505 viewsBluefish

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:00 - Aug 12 by PhilTWTD

Portman Road is far from the only ground lacking a bit of TLC in my experience, some are a fair bot worse, to be honest.

St Andrews is a complete dive. I have been saying the same for years that many old stadiums are run down, it is fairly par for the course but I just get accused of loving Marcus. The alternative is a soulless modern bowl and I am currently standing in one of those (pride park)

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:31 - Aug 12 with 1424 viewsBluefish

Read the thread

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:35 - Aug 12 with 1417 viewsTIB

Could do with catering upgrades too…

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:35 - Aug 12 with 1419 viewsChurchman

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 14:56 - Aug 12 by PhilTWTD

Never really noticed the similarities between those two stands until you mentioned it. Quite different inside from what I've seen of that stand at St Andrew's. There's a really tight wooden staircase up to the press box which surprises me passes muster these days.

That’s their problem. I’m still saddened that a once smart ground has been allowed to get into the state it’s in.
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:57 - Aug 12 with 1345 viewsPhilTWTD

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:35 - Aug 12 by Churchman

That’s their problem. I’m still saddened that a once smart ground has been allowed to get into the state it’s in.

Not that stand they have the problems with. Having said that, what I've seen of the others it hasn't seemed a very well-maintained ground full stop.

QPR is another ground which looks very less than well looked after. I read something on Loft For Words the other day saying nothing had been done there during the pandemic. Someone said they went to their first home friendly and their gloves were still on their seat from where they left them in March 2020.
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 16:03 - Aug 12 with 1314 viewsSteve_M

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:57 - Aug 12 by PhilTWTD

Not that stand they have the problems with. Having said that, what I've seen of the others it hasn't seemed a very well-maintained ground full stop.

QPR is another ground which looks very less than well looked after. I read something on Loft For Words the other day saying nothing had been done there during the pandemic. Someone said they went to their first home friendly and their gloves were still on their seat from where they left them in March 2020.

And St Andrews is the least crap thing in the immediate vicinity too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 16:54 - Aug 12 with 1173 viewsChurchman

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:57 - Aug 12 by PhilTWTD

I get that and also Steve Ms point about where St Andrew’s. It’s is (a right toilet - only been once and that was once too many. The supporters are as rough as a badgers rear end too).

My point is that the dreadful state of other football grounds in no way excuses the neglect of Portman Road, which goes back long before the pandemic.

The Americans are right on this - environment is important, as are facilities.
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 16:58 - Aug 12 with 1151 viewsEdmundo

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 15:35 - Aug 12 by TIB

Could do with catering upgrades too…

It's how they're financing the renovations.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 17:28 - Aug 12 with 1083 viewsFreddies_Ears

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 14:56 - Aug 12 by PhilTWTD

I understand that we saved a few quid in architect's fees by duplicating the structure!
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 17:36 - Aug 12 with 1061 viewsPhilTWTD

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 17:28 - Aug 12 by Freddies_Ears

I understand that we saved a few quid in architect's fees by duplicating the structure!

Is that right? I'm wracking my memory but I don't remember the back of it being quite the same structurally with all the girders between seats and the press area is right at the back. Still, this photo from the 1970s is very similar to the Cobbold when it was built (although spanning the length of the ground, unlike the Cobbold in its early days).

https://pixels.com/featured/birmingham-city-st-andrews-main-stand-1-1970s-legend
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 17:38 - Aug 12 with 1053 viewsPhilTWTD

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 16:54 - Aug 12 by Churchman

I get that and also Steve Ms point about where St Andrew’s. It’s is (a right toilet - only been once and that was once too many. The supporters are as rough as a badgers rear end too).

My point is that the dreadful state of other football grounds in no way excuses the neglect of Portman Road, which goes back long before the pandemic.

Yes, I agree. Worse places around that Portman Road though, particularly now we're in the lower leagues.
Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 17:40 - Aug 12 with 1042 viewsSteve_M

Birmingham closing two stands due to repair issues on 16:54 - Aug 12 by Churchman

"My point is that the dreadful state of other football grounds in no way excuses the neglect of Portman Road, which goes back long before the pandemic."

Yep, highly reflective of ME's ownership of the club that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024