Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad officially announced 11:05 - Sep 9 with 2042 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c5d1297ad65c49c6bac4ae0e69c6b48e/squad-list-pu

As Phil had mentioned, Harper counts as an U21.

Players that are not available to play are

Ben Morris and Myles Kenlock out of those who are here

Brett McGavin and Corrie Ndaba who are over 21 and out on loan

Colin Oppong - who maybe is still on a 3rd/4th year scholarship

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad officially announced on 11:09 - Sep 9 with 1994 viewsjayessess

does that mean Myles is stuck without football until January? Or would a contract termination mean he was available for registration somewhere else? I suppose there's always Wrexham...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Squad officially announced on 11:10 - Sep 9 with 1980 viewshoppy

I had forgotten that Ben Morris is now 22... blimey. That's not really 'youngster' territory for making a breakthrough into the first team really, is it. Shows how much of a setback long term injuries can be, especially if trying to break into the squad with restricted numbers.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Squad officially announced on 11:11 - Sep 9 with 1963 viewshomer_123

Wozencroft

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Squad officially announced on 11:12 - Sep 9 with 1960 viewshoppy

Squad officially announced on 11:09 - Sep 9 by jayessess

does that mean Myles is stuck without football until January? Or would a contract termination mean he was available for registration somewhere else? I suppose there's always Wrexham...

I believe he would've had to have his contract terminated within the transfer window for that to happen.

I think it's Under 23s football for him for now.

Squad officially announced on 11:13 - Sep 9 with 1951 viewsJ2BLUE

Squad officially announced on 11:12 - Sep 9 by hoppy

I believe he would've had to have his contract terminated within the transfer window for that to happen.

I think it's Under 23s football for him for now.

Think he can go to the National League.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Squad officially announced on 11:13 - Sep 9 with 1952 viewsWD19

I feel sorry for the poor forgotten keepers.
Squad officially announced on 11:17 - Sep 9 with 1911 viewshomer_123

Squad officially announced on 11:13 - Sep 9 by WD19

I feel sorry for the poor forgotten keepers.

Who needs keepers?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Squad officially announced on 11:30 - Sep 9 with 1809 viewschicoazul

Wozencroft.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Squad officially announced on 11:51 - Sep 9 with 1714 viewsjayessess

Squad officially announced on 11:30 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

Wozencroft.

Zanda Siziba's full name is pretty epic.

Squad officially announced on 11:58 - Sep 9 with 1665 viewshoppy

Squad officially announced on 11:17 - Sep 9 by homer_123

Who needs keepers?

Indeed… we always used to manage with rush goalies, why can’t they these days?

Squad officially announced on 12:07 - Sep 9 with 1620 viewsjaykay

where is edward christopher sheeran
i can see denzil from only fools and horses though

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Squad officially announced on 13:18 - Sep 9 with 1520 viewspointofblue

In Phil’s article is says...

“Centre-half Luke Woolfenden counts as a club-developed player, the only one amongst the seniors, with the EFL dictating that either the 22-man squad or the matchday 18 must include at least one or face having to name only six subs.”

It reads that, as Woolfenden is in the 22-man squad, that he doesn’t necessarily have to make the 18 man squad. Just wanted to confirm is that the case or does Woolfenden, or one of the club home grown players, have to be in the matchday squad every week?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Squad officially announced on 13:37 - Sep 9 with 1482 viewsitfcjoe

Squad officially announced on 13:18 - Sep 9 by pointofblue

“Centre-half Luke Woolfenden counts as a club-developed player, the only one amongst the seniors, with the EFL dictating that either the 22-man squad or the matchday 18 must include at least one or face having to name only six subs.”

It reads that, as Woolfenden is in the 22-man squad, that he doesn’t necessarily have to make the 18 man squad. Just wanted to confirm is that the case or does Woolfenden, or one of the club home grown players, have to be in the matchday squad every week?

I thought someone needed to be in 18 every week - but it is the case that because Woolf has been named in the 22 we are covered for that rule full stop and there are no restrictions on us.

Squad officially announced on 13:53 - Sep 9 with 1417 viewsCotty

Squad officially announced on 13:37 - Sep 9 by itfcjoe

I thought someone needed to be in 18 every week - but it is the case that because Woolf has been named in the 22 we are covered for that rule full stop and there are no restrictions on us.

I can't believe that there would be extra punishment for being injury hit, that would be madness.
Squad officially announced on 14:56 - Sep 9 with 1348 viewspointofblue

Squad officially announced on 13:53 - Sep 9 by Cotty

I can't believe that there would be extra punishment for being injury hit, that would be madness.

Thanks, Joe.

In fairness, most teams at this level are pretty reliant on their academy players to fill the bench at the very least.

Squad officially announced on 16:38 - Sep 9 with 1249 viewsFevsBCFC

Squad officially announced on 13:18 - Sep 9 by pointofblue

Believe the rule is - you have to name a CD player in your 22. You can’t not name one.

Then in your MD18 there has to be a CD player, if not it’s a MD17.

So in your case If Wolfendin is your CD player, then if he doesn’t make the 18, then you can only name 6 subs.

There are exemptions if you’ve sold CD players:

33.11 Club Developed Players. Subject to Regulation 33.12 each Club shall be required to nominate at least one Club Developed Player on their Squad List on each occasion that it is due for submission, or on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches). Where any Club does not name a Club Developed Player on the Team Sheet, that Club will only be permitted to name up to six substitutes on that League Team Sheet (rather than the seven as permitted by Regulation 33.4).

33.12 If any Club has prior to the date of the applicable League Competition Match (including Play Off Matches) transferred the registration of two or more Club Developed Players and:
33.12.1 in consideration for the transfer of each Club Developed Player’s registration, the Club receives an initial Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee and/or compensation in accordance with the Youth Development Rules on transfer of the registration; and
33.12.2 each of the transferred Club Developed Players:
(a) are, as at the date of the applicable Match registered as a Contract Player with a Club (or club) in the same division or higher (including, in the case of a Championship Club, the Premier League); and
(b) are or will be aged 24 or under on 1 January in the Season in which the applicable Match occurs,
then, the Club will not be required to comply with the requirements of Regulation 33.11.
Squad officially announced on 16:47 - Sep 9 with 1224 viewsjayessess

Squad officially announced on 13:53 - Sep 9 by Cotty

in any case an academy produced under-21 could be substituted in. Hardly an onerous demand that one of your subs be from your youth setup (and could easily be fulfilled by naming El Mizouni, Humphreys or Clements on the bench).

Squad officially announced on 16:56 - Sep 9 with 1201 viewspointofblue

Squad officially announced on 16:38 - Sep 9 by FevsBCFC

Believe the rule is - you have to name a CD player in your 22. You can’t not name one.

So in your case If Wolfendin is your CD player, then if he doesn’t make the 18, then you can only name 6 subs.

33.11 Club Developed Players. Subject to Regulation 33.12 each Club shall be required to nominate at least one Club Developed Player on their Squad List on each occasion that it is due for submission, or on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches). Where any Club does not name a Club Developed Player on the Team Sheet, that Club will only be permitted to name up to six substitutes on that League Team Sheet (rather than the seven as permitted by Regulation 33.4).

33.12 If any Club has prior to the date of the applicable League Competition Match (including Play Off Matches) transferred the registration of two or more Club Developed Players and:
33.12.1 in consideration for the transfer of each Club Developed Player’s registration, the Club receives an initial Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee and/or compensation in accordance with the Youth Development Rules on transfer of the registration; and
(a) are, as at the date of the applicable Match registered as a Contract Player with a Club (or club) in the same division or higher (including, in the case of a Championship Club, the Premier League); and
(b) are or will be aged 24 or under on 1 January in the Season in which the applicable Match occurs,
then, the Club will not be required to comply with the requirements of Regulation 33.11.

Ok, thanks. I think Downes and Dozzell fall under the subsections so we should be fine with or without using Woolfenden.

Squad officially announced on 17:12 - Sep 9 with 1164 viewsitfcjoe

Squad officially announced on 16:38 - Sep 9 by FevsBCFC

The club have said that because Woolfenden in 22 then no restrictions on the 18 - if we had sold him we’d have had to name an U21 player from academy in match day squad

Squad officially announced on 17:44 - Sep 9 with 1078 viewspointofblue

Squad officially announced on 17:12 - Sep 9 by itfcjoe

The club have said that because Woolfenden in 22 then no restrictions on the 18 - if we had sold him we’d have had to name an U21 player from academy in match day squad

Right, think I understand. I’m making something very simple complicated. If we hadn’t named Woolfenden in the squad we’d have to have a CD Player in every matchday 18. As we have named him, we don’t have to.

Thanks!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 17:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024