Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honest thoughts re: this please 11:14 - Dec 5 with 908 viewsLowie

How do you feel now re: Cook getting rid of our promising trio of homegrown midfield youngsters Downes, Bish and Andre?

Jury is out for me on Morsy. Doing nothing that Downes couldn't have done. Evans/Harper are not upgrades on the other two.

We've been left without a heart.

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:15 - Dec 5 with 876 viewsjayessess

Downes and Dozzell are both better than what we've got, but we didn't have much choice about them leaving. Bishop ... had his chances.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:15 - Dec 5 with 866 viewspointofblue

Dozzell and Bishop looked no better here (the latter also having serious injury issues) whilst Downes wanted to leave. He wanted to go the year before.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:16 - Dec 5 with 860 viewsJ2BLUE

How long was Bishop going to remain promising?

Downes and Dozzell wanted out. Downes handed in two transfer requests a year apart and clearly was not going to be convinced to stay.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:18 - Dec 5 with 841 viewsStokieBlue

Totally rewriting history here.

Downes wanted to leave for at least a year. Dozzell was highly unlikely to turn down a move up a division. Bishop has done nothing at Lincoln.

Without a heart? Could easily make a case that Bonne is more passionate than any of those about the club.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:25 - Dec 5 with 768 viewsDarth_Koont

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:15 - Dec 5 by pointofblue

Dozzell and Bishop looked no better here (the latter also having serious injury issues) whilst Downes wanted to leave. He wanted to go the year before.

This.

Of course, it’s disappointing to lose homegrown players but the reality (for us and in League One) had been underwhelming for some time.

As a young player you’d hope that they would develop within an upwardly mobile team and environment. But in reality they were rather saddled with our downward trajectory which hadn’t done their careers or development much good from the looks of it.

A fresh start was probably needed, rather than some fresh trauma.

Pronouns: He/Him

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:26 - Dec 5 with 767 viewsGarv

You can make all the promises you want, it doesn't mean they'll ever be delivered. Bishop is the biggest example of this.

I wouldn't have been upset if Dozzell had stayed but equally wasn't at all upset to see him go.

I think most or all of us would've wanted Downes at the club but he wanted to go and you can probably understand why.

I'm glad we've got Evans and not Bishop, and even Harper I can see going further than Bishop. Morsy has been overrated but, like Cook, he's had a very short period of time to achieve what he wanted to. Can't hide the fact I wish he'd been given more of it.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 11:35]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:36 - Dec 5 with 686 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"We've been left without a heart"

Good grief. We've not produced any youth of note that really improved ITFC since Wickham, and we got shot of him to early, which meant he never fulfilled his full potential for me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:39 - Dec 5 with 652 viewsfergalsharkey

More than happy, they did nothing while here and got the boot quite rightly.

Poll: Cook out?

Login to get fewer ads

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:42 - Dec 5 with 612 viewsDarth_Koont

Honest thoughts re: this please on 11:39 - Dec 5 by fergalsharkey

More than happy, they did nothing while here and got the boot quite rightly.

Don’t be silly.

They did a lot. But as several of our very best players they were saddled with trying to turn the team around. An awful lot to put on any young player.

Pronouns: He/Him

Honest thoughts re: this please on 12:14 - Dec 5 with 487 viewsgordon

While I think there was probably nothing we could have done about Downes and Dozzell leaving in the end, you do wonder if they'd been treated a bit differently by the club previously they might have felt a bit more loyalty - I don't think we ever gave either of them much reason to be loyal to Ipswich, and equally I don't think either of them (when they left) were so good that it would have been impossible for us to keep them.

For Bishop, he was brilliant in that first full season, I thought he was comparable to any young player we'd brought through over 25 years, including Dyer, Ambrose, Bent etc - but it was definitely better for all parties for him to leave last summer, and play at a club where they don't really know how far away he is from what he could've been.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 12:18]
Honest thoughts re: this please on 12:15 - Dec 5 with 471 viewsbraveblue

They did nothing in this league last year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024