Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With all respect to McGreal 14:33 - Dec 2 with 1053 viewshype313

Anyone thinking this is in some way of having contingency in the event that Cook goes, is probably giving too much credit to John.

As we have already seen, these new owners have high expectations and targets, and whilst McGreal did reasonably well at Col U, to think he would get the gig here full time is, for me, madness.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 14:34]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

With all respect to McGreal on 14:36 - Dec 2 with 1026 viewsitfcjoe

I think it could make sense in a way that these owners at some point will probably want to go down the head coach with footballing structure around him route - and that McGreal (and Dyer) could be the safe pair of hands to see us through to there if this season goes down the swanny

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

With all respect to McGreal on 16:06 - Dec 2 with 920 viewshype313

With all respect to McGreal on 14:36 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

I think it could make sense in a way that these owners at some point will probably want to go down the head coach with footballing structure around him route - and that McGreal (and Dyer) could be the safe pair of hands to see us through to there if this season goes down the swanny

But do you not think with Ashton now pulling the strings that he would have someone lined up in time for Cooks departure?

He seems like a guy that doesn't leave things to chance.

With all respect to McGreal on 16:14 - Dec 2 with 886 viewschrismakin

With all respect to McGreal on 16:06 - Dec 2 by hype313

But do you not think with Ashton now pulling the strings that he would have someone lined up in time for Cooks departure?

Ashton gave the BC job to Dean Holden. It's not to be discounted that he might feel Mcgreal would be best to take it to the end of season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

With all respect to McGreal on 16:15 - Dec 2 with 879 viewsBseaBlue

With all respect to McGreal on 16:06 - Dec 2 by hype313

I was having a discussion this morning with a mate and I made the point to him that if Cook was to go, who would take charge for the interim? The backroom staff have a close relationship with him so could walk and Dyer hasn't been well. Klug we know wasn't keen on it before.....

As Joe says, it could makes sense to have a safe pair of hands in place to buy us some time to find a suitable replacement.
With all respect to McGreal on 16:19 - Dec 2 with 855 viewshype313

With all respect to McGreal on 16:15 - Dec 2 by BseaBlue

I was having a discussion this morning with a mate and I made the point to him that if Cook was to go, who would take charge for the interim? The backroom staff have a close relationship with him so could walk and Dyer hasn't been well. Klug we know wasn't keen on it before.....

As Joe says, it could makes sense to have a safe pair of hands in place to buy us some time to find a suitable replacement.

How safe a pair of hands is McGreal?

Not being flippant btw, just that his experience lends itself to managing a 4th tier mid table club punching, not an promotion aspiring League One club.

As I say, If Cook were to go, then I've no doubt Ashton will have others lined up, and maybe McGreal will be in for a game or two.

With all respect to McGreal on 16:23 - Dec 2 with 836 viewsBseaBlue

With all respect to McGreal on 16:19 - Dec 2 by hype313

How safe a pair of hands is McGreal?

Not being flippant btw, just that his experience lends itself to managing a 4th tier mid table club punching, not an promotion aspiring League One club.

As I say, If Cook were to go, then I've no doubt Ashton will have others lined up, and maybe McGreal will be in for a game or two.

Yeah I don't disagree with you at all! You would think we are hugely attractive opportunity for head coaches right now and that we will be aiming much higher than that.

In the short term though, it does give us someone there with experience for a couple of weeks or so to prepare the team (which could be vital)
With all respect to McGreal on 16:36 - Dec 2 with 789 viewsKeaneish

I think the job title is erroneous, they said as much when the “Kitman arrived. Whatever his role, it’s good to have him in the building. Hopefully he van turn Wolfenden into a more focussed player, eradicate Penney’s mistakes and teach Toto to pass!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

With all respect to McGreal on 16:40 - Dec 2 with 781 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Wait though, vast swathes of this board wanted KD appointed when Lambert went.

In his first ever management job at a club as all to cock as ours.
No doubt the same would have been calling for 'Dyer Out' if he'd had the same start as Cook.

So to them, McGreal makes perfect sense, a manager with an overall 37% win record, 5% lower than Cooks

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

With all respect to McGreal on 16:50 - Dec 2 with 733 viewsCheltenham_Blue

With all respect to McGreal on 16:14 - Dec 2 by chrismakin

Ashton gave the BC job to Dean Holden. It's not to be discounted that he might feel Mcgreal would be best to take it to the end of season.

Good grief. Do you even hear yourself?

It was the appointment of Holden that turned BC fans against MA. He's hardly likely to repeat that mistake.

With all respect to McGreal on 16:57 - Dec 2 with 701 viewsOldsmoker

Why would Cook give a job to McGreal?
Another scouser - got it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

With all respect to McGreal on 17:03 - Dec 2 with 679 viewsCheltenham_Blue

With all respect to McGreal on 16:57 - Dec 2 by Oldsmoker

Why would Cook give a job to McGreal?
Another scouser - got it.

Cook didn't give him a job. Gary Probert did.

With all respect to McGreal on 17:06 - Dec 2 with 662 viewschrismakin

With all respect to McGreal on 16:50 - Dec 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Good grief. Do you even hear yourself?

It was the appointment of Holden that turned BC fans against MA. He's hardly likely to repeat that mistake.

Yes because ceo earning 1 Mill a year will decide what he does on the thoughts of historic bc fans.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

With all respect to McGreal on 17:13 - Dec 2 with 644 viewsCheltenham_Blue

With all respect to McGreal on 17:06 - Dec 2 by chrismakin

Yes because ceo earning 1 Mill a year will decide what he does on the thoughts of historic bc fans.

Have a think about what you are saying.

A CEO, earning '1 Mill' a year, (love to know what realm you plucked that from), and immeasurably more intelligent than you, is going to make the same mistake again, and you, have figured it out all on your own?

With all respect to McGreal on 17:29 - Dec 2 with 603 viewschrismakin

With all respect to McGreal on 17:13 - Dec 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Have a think about what you are saying.

A CEO, earning '1 Mill' a year, (love to know what realm you plucked that from), and immeasurably more intelligent than you, is going to make the same mistake again, and you, have figured it out all on your own?

It's public knowledge that's what he earned at BC. You think he will go lower here?

BTW. He chose holden as it suited what they needed at the time. He will make decisions on what he feels is best not what bc fans think.

With all respect to McGreal on 17:37 - Dec 2 with 569 viewsCheltenham_Blue

With all respect to McGreal on 17:29 - Dec 2 by chrismakin

It's public knowledge that's what he earned at BC. You think he will go lower here?

BTW. He chose holden as it suited what they needed at the time. He will make decisions on what he feels is best not what bc fans think.

OK Chris.

With all respect to McGreal on 18:03 - Dec 2 with 515 viewsIwasthere

With all respect to McGreal on 14:36 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

Let's clutch at straws, Burley and Roberts came from Colchester and look what they achieved. I would agree a safe pair of hands and what have we got to lose. Everyone with a brain knows Cook and his cronies will be leaving hopefully before Xmas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024