Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? 15:01 - Dec 23 with 1465 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59758549

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:08 - Dec 23 with 1387 viewsPinewoodblue

Surprised Ipswich not trying again.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:12 - Dec 23 with 1372 viewsfactual_blue

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:08 - Dec 23 by Pinewoodblue

It's always going to be a 'no' from the Palace until the Abdication is gone and forgotten.

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:15 - Dec 23 with 1351 viewsPinewoodblue

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:12 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

It's always going to be a 'no' from the Palace until the Abdication is gone and forgotten.

Yeah but we did honour Lord Nelson, unlike that other place.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:18 - Dec 23 with 1338 viewsKeno

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:12 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

and least we forget Wolsey is probably still out of favour

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:19 - Dec 23 with 1334 viewsfactual_blue

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:18 - Dec 23 by Keno

and least we forget Wolsey is probably still out of favour

Not with Cardinal rees-mogg he isn't.

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:26 - Dec 23 with 1319 viewsThe_Major

It's by royal decree, and I don't think we're the most popular town in the realm as far as the royals are concerned, anyway. Apparently when Prince Albert came to lay the foundation stone of the Ipswich School, a loud voice was heard in the crowd crying in a broad Suffolk accent "Go 'one, you rotten old German".

Albert then reported this back to his good lady wife, and not a single member of the Royal family headed our way for SEVENTY FIVE years. Talk about holding a grudge.
Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:40 - Dec 23 with 1284 viewsfactual_blue

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:26 - Dec 23 by The_Major

It's by royal decree, and I don't think we're the most popular town in the realm as far as the royals are concerned, anyway. Apparently when Prince Albert came to lay the foundation stone of the Ipswich School, a loud voice was heard in the crowd crying in a broad Suffolk accent "Go 'one, you rotten old German".

Albert then reported this back to his good lady wife, and not a single member of the Royal family headed our way for SEVENTY FIVE years. Talk about holding a grudge.

And Waliis Simpson was divorced in Ipswich, which didn't help.

'King's Moll Reno'd in Wolsey Home Town' was a contemporary headline in a Yankee newspaper

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:54 - Dec 23 with 1241 viewsEastTownBlue

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:08 - Dec 23 by Pinewoodblue

Gave up early as Tom Hunt didn't back it.
Login to get fewer ads

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 16:05 - Dec 23 with 1213 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't think we can afford it!

It's got to be Bournemouth, surely!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 16:15 - Dec 23 with 1179 viewsKeno

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 16:05 - Dec 23 by Lord_Lucan

It wasn't surprise me if Port Stanley got it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 17:06 - Dec 23 with 1098 viewsfactual_blue

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 15:54 - Dec 23 by EastTownBlue

Gave up early as Tom Hunt didn't back it.

...because it isn't a tory council....

Follow the money on 20:19 - Dec 23 with 944 viewsPendejo

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 16:15 - Dec 23 by Keno

It wasn't surprise me if Port Stanley got it

To the tax haven that is the Cayman Islands, George City it is then

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 07:25 - Dec 24 with 754 viewsGeoffSentence

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 16:05 - Dec 23 by Lord_Lucan

Apparentl y Chelmsford's successful bid cost the princely sum of 10K

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 08:27 - Dec 24 with 710 viewsChurchman

I see Northampton and Blackburn are up for city status. I would add another category to City and Town. Sh£thole and those two abominations would first on the list.
Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 09:33 - Dec 24 with 656 viewsdickie

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 07:25 - Dec 24 by GeoffSentence

Apparentl y Chelmsford's successful bid cost the princely sum of 10K

And they've subsequently received loads more investment in the town as a result apparently
Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 11:11 - Dec 24 with 614 viewssolemio

Who wants their county spoiled by a city anyway? on 08:27 - Dec 24 by Churchman

I see Northampton and Blackburn are up for city status. I would add another category to City and Town. Sh£thole and those two abominations would first on the list.

I don't know Blackburn, but Northampton is certainly a very odd place. It 's like an island without water around it. To many of the inhabitants the rest of the world seems not to exist. Apparently the inhabitants will accept newcomers - after about 30 years. Which is odd for a place just off the M1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024