Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" 21:20 - Jan 4 with 2516 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's an interesting line from Wolfie that, and not the normal player speak when talking about a new manager.

Cook was often heard shouting in training, "fitness is everything!!", yet half of the time our players seemed utterly spent once they got to 60 or 70 minutes, which was really at odds with what Cook was saying.

Will be interesting to see in the next month or so, how much fitness levels improve.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 21:27 - Jan 4 with 2449 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McKenna has a reputation for adapting training to the needs of players even during sessions. Playing football has to be the best preparation for matches too. It is encouraging to hear. I also felt there was more evidence of a plan at set pieces than there has been for a long time.

Cook, Lambert and Hurst all talked a far better game than they were able to get out of the players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 21:36 - Jan 4 with 2378 viewsITFCBlues

You do realise that we have a specific fitness coach and it wasn't Cook responsible for it?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 21:37 - Jan 4 with 2371 viewsBlueBadger

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 21:36 - Jan 4 by ITFCBlues

You do realise that we have a specific fitness coach and it wasn't Cook responsible for it?

Yeah, but he was also quite occupied with washing the kits and hanging them up....
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 17:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 22:26 - Jan 4 with 2204 viewsFixed_It

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 21:27 - Jan 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

McKenna has a reputation for adapting training to the needs of players even during sessions. Playing football has to be the best preparation for matches too. It is encouraging to hear. I also felt there was more evidence of a plan at set pieces than there has been for a long time.

Cook, Lambert and Hurst all talked a far better game than they were able to get out of the players.

Not seen it mentioned elsewhere, but it was noticeable that we left a man up front when defending corners last week - Aluko was occupying 2 defenders.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 2109 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, the players are enjoying the sessions under McKenna more than they were Cook.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 03:35 - Jan 5 with 1817 viewsSE1blue

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 21:37 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

Yeah, but he was also quite occupied with washing the kits and hanging them up....
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 17:36]

Wasn’t the fitness coach sent to Scotland during Lamberts reign or did I imagine that?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 08:17 - Jan 5 with 1579 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 21:36 - Jan 4 by ITFCBlues

Ah right. You’d expect the fitness sessions to be identical then wouldn’t you?
Except it seems, they aren’t. Odd that.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 08:25 - Jan 5 with 1546 viewsITFCBlues

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 08:17 - Jan 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Ah right. You’d expect the fitness sessions to be identical then wouldn’t you?
Except it seems, they aren’t. Odd that.

We've got a specific fitness coach, I believe Andy Rolls? He's employed to do the fitness work.

I believe it was actually reported that Cook also wasn't happy with the work that he was doing which caused tension with MA.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 1247 viewsBlueBadger

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 03:35 - Jan 5 by SE1blue

Wasn’t the fitness coach sent to Scotland during Lamberts reign or did I imagine that?

Doing sessions via Zoom as I recall. Terrific banter era moment.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 19:25 - Jan 5 with 1124 viewsPlums

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 22:26 - Jan 4 by Fixed_It

Not seen it mentioned elsewhere, but it was noticeable that we left a man up front when defending corners last week - Aluko was occupying 2 defenders.

Hallelujah! One of my pet peeves

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 20:11 - Jan 5 with 1059 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 08:25 - Jan 5 by ITFCBlues

We've got a specific fitness coach, I believe Andy Rolls? He's employed to do the fitness work.

I believe it was actually reported that Cook also wasn't happy with the work that he was doing which caused tension with MA.

Perhaps Cook could learn something from watching McKenna about how to organise his own coaching staff (and sessions) then? Although McKenna might not be so keen to let him come and watch!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 21:09 - Jan 5 with 978 viewsitfcjoe

I think it’s known as ‘periodisation’ and Jose was one of the first to bring this in and have success with it, a very Portuguese thing and all fitness work is done in football scenarios as opposed to out and out fitness work

With McK have being under Jose for a long time it’s little surprise this is how he is doing it too

Edit - this explains it well

[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 21:10]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"It’s been a lot of football fitness rather than just running" on 23:00 - Jan 5 with 763 viewspointofblue

I imagine McKenna outlines expectations though? Otherwise, why has training changed with change of manager?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024