Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster 20:05 - Jan 14 with 2023 viewsIllinoisblue

Is a much much better player than Tyrone Mings.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:12 - Jan 14 with 1992 viewsSteve_M

Imagine selling him cheaply and replacing him with Nsiala. Ah…

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:13 - Jan 14 with 1971 viewsbilllm

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:12 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

Don't think that would ever happen in the real world,
With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:18 - Jan 14 with 1937 viewsmylittletown

Incredible that Gareth Southgate can't see it, being a former CB himself!
Admittedly Mings is much quicker, good in the air and has a terrific left foot, but otherwise?
With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:20 - Jan 14 with 1920 viewsWD19

Edmundson better than both.
With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:23 - Jan 14 with 1908 viewsCanadasNumber1

He isn’t.

Nothing against Adam Webster but he was massively overrated during his time here, as well as spending 60% of that time injured.
With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:25 - Jan 14 with 1872 viewsfooters

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:12 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

Not disputing anything on price, but wasn't it clear Webster wanted out by that point? Or was it another player who witnessed Hurst's 'methods' and then decided?

Either way, a great loss to the club at the time. Glad he's kicked on after his time here regardless.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:28 - Jan 14 with 1833 viewsIllinoisblue

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:23 - Jan 14 by CanadasNumber1

He isn’t.

Nothing against Adam Webster but he was massively overrated during his time here, as well as spending 60% of that time injured.

He’s a premier league regular in a good side now, though.

62 - 78 - 81

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:35 - Jan 14 with 1793 viewsGuthrum

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:28 - Jan 14 by Illinoisblue

He’s a premier league regular in a good side now, though.

And Mings isn't??

I suspect I am at risk of a whoosh, here.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:37 - Jan 14 with 1766 viewsSitfcB

Soft pen.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:38 - Jan 14 with 1772 viewsIllinoisblue

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:35 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

And Mings isn't??

No whoosh. I was just pointing out I am assessing Webster on what he does now rather than his injury-plagued time with us

62 - 78 - 81

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:38 - Jan 14 with 1763 viewsEastTownBlue

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:37 - Jan 14 by SitfcB

Soft pen.

In both senses.
With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:38 - Jan 14 with 1752 viewsIllinoisblue

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:37 - Jan 14 by SitfcB

Soft pen.

Very soft. Palace like their smoke bombs!

62 - 78 - 81

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 21:04 - Jan 14 with 1675 viewsGuthrum

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:38 - Jan 14 by Illinoisblue

No whoosh. I was just pointing out I am assessing Webster on what he does now rather than his injury-plagued time with us

Yes, Webster is a far better player than what we saw of him.

Admittedly, I don't watch either he or Mings on a regular basis, but the fact the latter is captaining Villa and subject to regular England call-ups (including a major tournament) suggests to me he is currently superior.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 21:10 - Jan 14 with 1643 viewsOwainG1992

Sorry but both are very good centre backs.
Both good Premier league standard players.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 21:18 - Jan 14 with 1606 viewschicoazul

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:35 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

And Mings isn't??

Mings has been in and out a bit this year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 21:23 - Jan 14 with 1588 viewsBLUEBEAT

Something about Webster I don’t like.

He looks a bit ‘Royal Family’…

Poll: W or W

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 21:49 - Jan 14 with 1506 viewsIllinoisblue

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 21:23 - Jan 14 by BLUEBEAT

Something about Webster I don’t like.

He looks a bit ‘Royal Family’…

There is something of the horse about his head

62 - 78 - 81

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 22:13 - Jan 14 with 1442 viewstextbackup

Mings often looks so far off the pace.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 22:31 - Jan 14 with 1408 viewsSwansea_Blue

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 21:18 - Jan 14 by chicoazul

Mings has been in and out a bit this year.

Lucky him. What about the football; has he been in the team much?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 23:30 - Jan 14 with 1312 viewsITFC_Forever

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:25 - Jan 14 by footers

Not disputing anything on price, but wasn't it clear Webster wanted out by that point? Or was it another player who witnessed Hurst's 'methods' and then decided?

Either way, a great loss to the club at the time. Glad he's kicked on after his time here regardless.

I think it was something along the lines of Hurst was told by ME there wasn’t much of a transfer budget, but he would get a proportion of any transfer fees raised.

Webster was the first one we got a decent offer in for, so off he went so Hurst had some funds to spend (waste).

Waghorn & Garner went later that summer when they had a glimpse of what life would be like under Hurst and Deputy Doig.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 00:31 - Jan 15 with 1253 viewsFightingEssex

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 20:23 - Jan 14 by CanadasNumber1

He isn’t.

I don’t think you can pin Marcus Evans’s drastically underfunded treatment facilities on Webster. We got him for a steal and Evans jumped on the chance to pocket the cash during the great downgrade of 2018. People called that our most exciting window ever, it was a total disaster, led again by Evans.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 00:32 - Jan 15 with 1255 viewsjudespiveyg

Love Tyrone, absolutely electric during his time here, will go to the grave saying he was a better full back than Cresswell for Ipswich. Can't say I ever saw him being a centre half, sure he was tall but it was the attacking side of playing full back that he really excelled at.

Webster was a bit meh here. Injuries were always a liability, would have been better off keeping Matt Clarke and the 700k. Thought it was very good business getting 5 million.

Not particularly related to the OP and I'm not entirely sure I've watched a game since that Webster's played in so I don't disagree with their statement.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 08:43 - Jan 15 with 1014 viewsArnieM

Maybe Webster isn’t necessarily a “ much better defender than Mings”, but just a different style of defender to Mings .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

With the Brighton game on, a quick reminder that Adam Webster on 10:31 - Jan 15 with 918 viewsStrimmer

Webster is probably under appreciated and Mings might be a little overrated as a defender, he does get himself into odd positions at times. However what propels mings up the pecking order for league and national team is his mobility. He’s got all the physical attributes of a prime centre half BUT he can get up and down the pitch like nobodies business and do something on the ball when he steps up. Modern top end football requires you have players that can do that

Poll: Was it a punch?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024