Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer 10:45 - Mar 27 with 1647 viewsunstableblue

Especially Wolfenden who at 23 is probably the form centre back in the league

Burns being 27 lessens his appeal, but he’s been outstanding, that control from a lofted ball yesterday was astonishing

Edmundsons injury may have taken him out of the shop window.

I think Celina will get other suitors in the Championship to take him from Dijon.

Morsy at 30 is not going to get interest.

We really need a ready Morsy understudy, can that be El Miz?? We are so reliant on Morsy and also Burns.

One things for sure teams are going to be very fearful of us next season, and will adapt and fire up accordingly- we are going to have to hit the ground running and get better finishers in the squad. A game in September is as important as one in April must be the mantra.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 11:11 - Mar 27 with 1536 viewsStewart27

100%

And we need to absolutely worry if we’ve taken 3 points in the first 6 games.
I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 11:52 - Mar 27 with 1434 viewsunstableblue

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 11:11 - Mar 27 by Stewart27

100%

And we need to absolutely worry if we’ve taken 3 points in the first 6 games.

Listening to the Oxford manager last night, and the sheer fear of our capability (“I really don’t want them in the play offs” you just know that our opposition dressing rooms through next season will be fired up, coached to manage our threat, with sh!thousery in the arsenal.

Has to be a fast start, and that brings pressure.

We need squad strength and depth, we simply haven’t had that in central mid and attack.

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 11:58 - Mar 27 with 1410 viewsFrimleyBlue

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 11:52 - Mar 27 by unstableblue

Listening to the Oxford manager last night, and the sheer fear of our capability (“I really don’t want them in the play offs” you just know that our opposition dressing rooms through next season will be fired up, coached to manage our threat, with sh!thousery in the arsenal.

Has to be a fast start, and that brings pressure.

We need squad strength and depth, we simply haven’t had that in central mid and attack.

He makes a point that ipswich are fast becoming unplayable, with a full pre season behind us and what you'd imagine a close knit squad in place for all the summer.. if we are league 1 next season, we will be very hard to contain.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 12:26 - Mar 27 with 1314 viewspointofblue

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 11:58 - Mar 27 by FrimleyBlue

He makes a point that ipswich are fast becoming unplayable, with a full pre season behind us and what you'd imagine a close knit squad in place for all the summer.. if we are league 1 next season, we will be very hard to contain.

I’m not sure - a lot can happen over a summer and football has a habit of not working out how people expect. I would perhaps go into the new season, as it stands, quite confident but I wpuldn’t be convinced about promotion.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 12:34 - Mar 27 with 1256 viewsCheltenham_Blue

And under the new ownership structure we don't need to sell any of them.

Celina has already indicated he would rather be here, even in L1 than at Dijon or in the Championship.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 12:35 - Mar 27 with 1263 viewsBigCommon

I'd like to think that it will be up to McKenna as to who stays and who goes. Can't see Ashton pulling the rug from beneath KM, just as he's starting to put something together.... We don't "need" to sell, to stay afloat , like some teams (atm).... My own feeling, is , that, should we get promoted in the next 2 years, and running costs start to spiral. Then, perhaps , then, we might sell one or two.. But the club could command much higher fees, for players like Woolfy.. If we are in the Championship, with Prem teams sniffing about.. As oppose to being in L1 with upper Championship teams sniffing about... Is there a hell of a lot of money swilling around post COVID???.... Cellina has expressed a desire to stay here, so, maybe that could be done.?... I'd be gutted if the club start dismantling something that's looking really promising... All the PR suggests that they love playing under KM?...
100 % on 12:37 - Mar 27 with 1251 viewsunstableblue

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 12:26 - Mar 27 by pointofblue

I’m not sure - a lot can happen over a summer and football has a habit of not working out how people expect. I would perhaps go into the new season, as it stands, quite confident but I wpuldn’t be convinced about promotion.

I can almost sense the entitlement and over confidence brewing, which will become deafening if we close out the season strongly

We could lose players to transfer and injury, our rivals can strengthen

We’re going to have Peterborough, Barnsley, and Derby we’ll have (bar one) Pompey, MK Dons, Bolton, Oxford, Plymouth, Wycombe, Sunderland, Sheff Weds…

12 into places

No more ‘p!ss the league’ no more ‘sh!t division, no more ‘given right for promotion’

Treat each hand as a final…. Cheltenham at home should have been treated on that way… and so many other games

We simply don’t score enough goals currently compared to the above teams to be so bullish

100 % on 12:42 - Mar 27 with 1223 viewsFrimleyBlue

100 % on 12:37 - Mar 27 by unstableblue

I can almost sense the entitlement and over confidence brewing, which will become deafening if we close out the season strongly

We could lose players to transfer and injury, our rivals can strengthen

We’re going to have Peterborough, Barnsley, and Derby we’ll have (bar one) Pompey, MK Dons, Bolton, Oxford, Plymouth, Wycombe, Sunderland, Sheff Weds…

12 into places

No more ‘p!ss the league’ no more ‘sh!t division, no more ‘given right for promotion’

Treat each hand as a final…. Cheltenham at home should have been treated on that way… and so many other games

We simply don’t score enough goals currently compared to the above teams to be so bullish

Confidence yes. Entitlement no

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 12:46 - Mar 27 with 1228 viewsBlueBadger

I like to think that we'll only sell if there's a ludicrous offer or two coming in. McKenna and Ashton are no Hurst and O'Neill.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 13:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 13:01 - Mar 27 with 1152 viewsRadlett_blue

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 12:46 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

I like to think that we'll only sell if there's a ludicrous offer or two coming in. McKenna and Ashton are no Hurst and O'Neill.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 13:01]

I'm sure the new owners' agenda is beyond becoming a Championship also ran so I would expect Town to keep their best players and also invest appropriately for next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 13:41 - Mar 27 with 976 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We are not obliged to accept offers.

Also, Magilton was a couple of months off 30 when we signed him. I don't think that would put suitors off.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 13:58 - Mar 27 with 909 viewsmutters

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 11:58 - Mar 27 by FrimleyBlue

As much as I take your point, it will depend on what our squad looks like. If it is the same as we end the season, with the addition of a forward capable of banging in the goals on a regular basis, we will be very hard to contain.

If we lose Woolfy, Celina, Burns.... then it will depend on who replaces them.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 13:59 - Mar 27 with 905 viewsNthQldITFC

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 12:35 - Mar 27 by BigCommon

I'd like to think that it will be up to McKenna as to who stays and who goes. Can't see Ashton pulling the rug from beneath KM, just as he's starting to put something together.... We don't "need" to sell, to stay afloat , like some teams (atm).... My own feeling, is , that, should we get promoted in the next 2 years, and running costs start to spiral. Then, perhaps , then, we might sell one or two.. But the club could command much higher fees, for players like Woolfy.. If we are in the Championship, with Prem teams sniffing about.. As oppose to being in L1 with upper Championship teams sniffing about... Is there a hell of a lot of money swilling around post COVID???.... Cellina has expressed a desire to stay here, so, maybe that could be done.?... I'd be gutted if the club start dismantling something that's looking really promising... All the PR suggests that they love playing under KM?...

Whilst the ultimate business aims of the ownership might be to sell assets (or the club) for a profit, I really can't see that we have anything to fear at this stage.

We are (subjectively) on such a steep upward trajectory in terms of performance and progress under McKenna, and that will be apparent to everybody up the ownership structure. Promotion to the Championship within the next 14 months looks as inevitable as anything can look in football, and there looks to be a good basis to push on from there too.

If we were bumping along in 9th, with high value assets, but not showing these signs of progression, we might fear one or two being sold off for a bit of profit, but the owners would have to be nuts to upset the trajectory we seem to be on now, from either a footballing or a business perspective.

I'm sure we'll keep everybody we want to keep, and invest well to strengthen, particularly up top.

The future's so bright, I gotta .

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I’d suggest we’ll get bids for Burns and Wolfenden this summer on 14:21 - Mar 27 with 860 viewsVic

Burns is absolutely in his prime, could be plenty of interest in him - but I can’t imagine we will sell him or any of the others unless it’s a silly price.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024