Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton LOVES Ipswich 10:44 - May 6 with 3941 viewsOsborneOneNil

Bumped into his agent last week at a Charity event and he said he's had 2 high profile clubs ask him a question this last 10 days but nothing to see as Christian absolutely adores being at Town.

The agent also commented on how it's so much better to deal with Town now we have the new regime running it. Used to hate dealing with Evans, and in the main, didn't bother.
Walton LOVES Ipswich on 10:53 - May 6 with 3817 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Used to hate dealing with Evans, and in the main, didn't bother."

Did he elaborate on that? I know that Evans was a difficult one to negotiate with, was it that, or was it something else?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 11:05 - May 6 with 3729 viewsHipsterectomy

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 10:53 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Did he elaborate on that? I know that Evans was a difficult one to negotiate with, was it that, or was it something else?

I think Roy Keane said a list would be drafted of players then bids and wages would be offered randomly for random players on the list. It meant that players he really needed/wanted were offered not enough and those that were considered back-ups were often paid too much.

Our contract situation under Evans was also abysmal with current players where we would let million £ players leave for free as we didn’t offer them anything or vastly reduced terms. We had random stuff happen like Chambers about to leave us for Forest as well didnt we?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 11:13 - May 6 with 3643 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 11:05 - May 6 by Hipsterectomy

I think Roy Keane said a list would be drafted of players then bids and wages would be offered randomly for random players on the list. It meant that players he really needed/wanted were offered not enough and those that were considered back-ups were often paid too much.

Our contract situation under Evans was also abysmal with current players where we would let million £ players leave for free as we didn’t offer them anything or vastly reduced terms. We had random stuff happen like Chambers about to leave us for Forest as well didnt we?

Obviously all of that stuff, which we all knew/came out post take over, but I'm interested as to why agents would seemingly avoid working with Evans if they could.

Good be a good indicator as to why players seemed to move on, if your agent doesn't like the club regime, they are likely to try and get you shifted asap, could also explain why we failed to sign players like Garbutt who then went on to perceived 'lesser' clubs.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 11:57 - May 6 with 3382 viewswkj

For such a successful business man, Evans wasn't half s*it at doing business.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 11:59 - May 6 with 3364 viewsSkip_Intro

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 11:57 - May 6 by wkj

you spelt 'alleged ticket tout' wrong...
Walton LOVES Ipswich on 12:33 - May 6 with 3171 viewsMuncher

He is not the first agent to say similar, several have previously.

We've all come across people that were just painful to deal with in business, where regardless of the deal you could actually agree, you don't want to bother again. I think Evans by all accounts fell into that camp.

If you speak to people who had to deal with the club in a commercial context under the Evans era, the word which comes up time and again is "unprofessional".
Walton LOVES Ipswich on 12:34 - May 6 with 3149 viewswkj

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 12:33 - May 6 by Muncher

He is not the first agent to say similar, several have previously.

We've all come across people that were just painful to deal with in business, where regardless of the deal you could actually agree, you don't want to bother again. I think Evans by all accounts fell into that camp.

If you speak to people who had to deal with the club in a commercial context under the Evans era, the word which comes up time and again is "unprofessional".

I can see that many agents probably didn't wan't to go anywhere Clegg, as he was an utter muppet. I bet you he was binary at the negotiating table.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 12:53 - May 6 with 2999 viewsRyorry

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 11:57 - May 6 by wkj

Always said I couldn't understand how he'd somehow become a "big business empire" - luck? Because for someone who was in the hospitality business, he was abysmally bad at providing food & drink at PR, making the ground an attractive & appealing venue etc. (stadium allowed to get shabby, mucky roof etc.).
[Post edited 6 May 2022 12:54]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 13:16 - May 6 with 2825 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Good to hear.

He is a very very good goalkeeper. It feels nice to finally have a keeper who you know is going to play every game in a season.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 13:38 - May 6 with 2673 viewsZx1988

Could it just be as simple as the fact that it appears we've stopped trying to take a standpoint on agent/intermediary fees?

I'm sure an agent would be much more willing to advise their client to do business with someone who'll pay them their usual cut of things, rather than questioning the value of paying an agent x% of a fee/salary in return for them providing zero services of value to the club.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 14:42 - May 6 with 2416 viewsSharkey

It was stroke of luck for Town that McGreal got Gilmartin on board and then it transpired that Gilmartin was a mentor for Walton at Plymouth.

(I guess it's still possible that McGreal will soon accept a manager's job (Hartlepool perhaps?), but to me it seems less likely now that Gilmartin would automatically tag along.)

p.s. I see that Tommy Miller is considered a candidate for the H'pool job.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 15:02]
Walton LOVES Ipswich on 16:52 - May 6 with 2039 viewsjaykay

I wonder what other players this agent have on his books , that he has dealt with evans before

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 17:20 - May 6 with 1938 viewsjayessess

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 16:52 - May 6 by jaykay

I wonder what other players this agent have on his books , that he has dealt with evans before

List here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crown-football-talent-ltd-/beraterfirma/berater/

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 17:20 - May 6 with 1928 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 13:38 - May 6 by Zx1988

Could it just be as simple as the fact that it appears we've stopped trying to take a standpoint on agent/intermediary fees?

I'm sure an agent would be much more willing to advise their client to do business with someone who'll pay them their usual cut of things, rather than questioning the value of paying an agent x% of a fee/salary in return for them providing zero services of value to the club.

Think it's fair to say we are the opposite to that. Yes we ve paid out more on agency fees recently compared to previous seasons..but the amount of signings in volume alone makes up for most of that reason not that we are happier to pay agents.

Ashton Is known for being quite ruthless with negotiations, he's also shown it with his Comments on the Simpson situation regarding agents in general and not being taken for a ride.

What I can imagine with the OP though, is that it's nice for proper agents to be dealing with someone who knows what he's doing and not an owner who couldn't even ensure we had white sideline paint for an u18 fixture.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 19:24 - May 6 with 1658 viewsjaykay

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 17:20 - May 6 by jayessess

List here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crown-football-talent-ltd-/beraterfirma/berater/

not a great list there. ched evans is on that list . i hope he wasn't one of the players , said agent and marcus were having talks about. i expect the agent was trying to off load some the players with no market value against their name

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Walton LOVES Ipswich on 02:53 - May 7 with 1205 viewsOsborneOneNil

Just that Ipswich, and the man in charge, were incredibly unprofessional. People in the game were quite shocked at how a club with the status of Ipswich Town could be run like that.

His quote was ‘agents generally didn’t often bother to even TRY and deal with the club, it was a joke’.

Safe hands now. Night and day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024