Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) 18:25 - Jul 21 with 2024 viewsdavblue

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:34 - Jul 21 with 1982 viewsDubtractor

Good luck to him. Seemed a decent character, but a portion of our support seemed to decide he was the devil incarnate.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:44 - Jul 21 with 1918 viewsibbleobble

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:34 - Jul 21 by Dubtractor

Good luck to him. Seemed a decent character, but a portion of our support seemed to decide he was the devil incarnate.

…or just not a very reliable footballer. Ball is better.
Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:45 - Jul 21 with 1911 viewsMullet

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:34 - Jul 21 by Dubtractor

Thought he was a decent enough player. Wonder who he replaces at Weds, he's not a Luongo type so perhaps they are looking to switch it up a bit. Either way, I wish them no success at all. Just like any other club in this league.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:46 - Jul 21 with 1900 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bit of an OTT statement that Dub. Haven't seen anyone at all saying anything along those lines.
He was a solid player but in fairness most didn't see a difference between him and Harper. I wouldn't say people thought that badly of him tho

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 19:02 - Jul 21 with 1857 viewsDubtractor

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:46 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

Bit of an OTT statement that Dub. Haven't seen anyone at all saying anything along those lines.
He was a solid player but in fairness most didn't see a difference between him and Harper. I wouldn't say people thought that badly of him tho

Not ott at all based on what i heard every game in the stadium.

I'm not disappointed he left, he was pretty average, but a large group of our fans fooking hated him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 19:07 - Jul 21 with 1826 viewsDubtractor

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:44 - Jul 21 by ibbleobble

Absolutely Ball is better, I'm happy with that trade up, but Bakinson never did anything to warrant the stick that came his way.

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 19:57 - Jul 21 with 1669 viewsVeggie

Bit strong. Did he get loads of stick? I thought he was just fairly average.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 19:58]
Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 20:26 - Jul 21 with 1585 viewsIllinoisblue

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 19:07 - Jul 21 by Dubtractor

Absolutely Ball is better, I'm happy with that trade up, but Bakinson never did anything to warrant the stick that came his way.

Did any other fans notice this barrage of hate and abuse?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 20:46 - Jul 21 with 1530 viewsChrisd

More than happy with two from Morsy, Ball or Evans. Hopefully, Harper will have an impact too this season. Good luck to Bakinson, he did a good job for us, but I won’t be losing sleep that he has signed for the Owls.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 20:46 - Jul 21 with 1532 viewsDJR

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:44 - Jul 21 by ibbleobble

Bakinson, who is three years younger than Ball, has played 47 Championship games compared to Ball's 90. That doesn't necessarily suggest that Ball is a much better player, although he appears to be a different type of player and so may fit our system better.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 20:48]
Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 20:48 - Jul 21 with 1514 viewsChrisd

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 20:46 - Jul 21 by DJR

Bakinson, who is three years younger than Ball, has played 47 Championship games compared to Ball's 90. That doesn't necessarily suggest that Ball is a much better player, although he appears to be a different type of player and so may fit our system better.

Ball is the type of midfielder we have lacked the last few seasons.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 20:52 - Jul 21 with 1490 viewsLeoMuff

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 18:46 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

He was clearly upgrade on Harper.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 20:57 - Jul 21 with 1470 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Yeah, agree with this. Have only seen Ball once, but he seems to get on the ball from deep more to get things moving and perhaps pass it to players with more attacking intent. Ball clearly likes to get stuck in too which isnt perhaps Bakinsons game. Thought Bakinson was a promising player, moved forward well at times and a decent shot which I'm not sure is in Balls locker was a little frustrating though and do agree with the view he was a bit marmite for a lot of fans.
Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 22:26 - Jul 21 with 1315 viewsDubtractor

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 20:26 - Jul 21 by Illinoisblue

Did any other fans notice this barrage of hate and abuse?

Apparently not!

Several games last season I had people near me calling him every name under the sun, sometimes when it wasn't even him on the ball!

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 22:29 - Jul 21 with 1300 viewschicoazul

Can’t imagine why, eh.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 22:32 - Jul 21 with 1282 viewsChorleyBoy

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 22:26 - Jul 21 by Dubtractor

Apparently not!

Several games last season I had people near me calling him every name under the sun, sometimes when it wasn't even him on the ball!

Come and sit with us home fans, mate.
Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 22:33 - Jul 21 with 1281 viewsDubtractor

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 22:32 - Jul 21 by ChorleyBoy

Come and sit with us home fans, mate.

Uppy as that made me chuckle!

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 05:15 - Jul 22 with 1084 viewsibbleobble

I didn’t say he was a vastly more experienced player, I said he was a better footballer and implied he’s more reliable. You’ll see a notable difference between the two in terms of consistency and command of the midfield.
Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 07:57 - Jul 22 with 943 viewsDJR

Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 05:15 - Jul 22 by ibbleobble

I didn’t say he was a vastly more experienced player, I said he was a better footballer and implied he’s more reliable. You’ll see a notable difference between the two in terms of consistency and command of the midfield.

I think it's a bit like comparing apples and pears because they appear to be completely different players, and the point I was trying to make is that Bakinson's Championship pedigree is not far off Ball, despite being three years younger. Clearly he is what McK wants, so I have no problem with that, but I don't think any of our problems last year under McK (lack of clear chances, goals) stemmed from the midfield two, whoever they were. Indeed, in the period when Bakinson played our possession statistics were very high.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 8:03]
Bakinson has signed for Sheffield Wednesday (n/t) on 07:59 - Jul 22 with 940 viewsChurchman

It stems from Bristol City’s lobotomy brigade who stated that Ashton brought in ‘his’ players without consultation or approval of the manager. So Bakinson, according to some, was an ‘Ashton signing’. Add in Pearson’s peculiar behaviour towards the player and for the few closed minded people, Bakinson was never going to be the most popular.

Personally, I thought he was ok, though I didn’t see as much of him as most of you. A bit drifting in and out of games and was left wondering whether he was quite right for us. I’d have been ok with it if he’d signed for us, but he wasn’t somebody I’d like to have seen the budget boat pushed out for.

McKenna had a good look at him and clearly thought not, so that’s good enough for me. I wish Bakinson well. He did his best for us and he has yoof on his side. SW is a good move for him and certainly a big step up from tinpot Bristol City.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024