Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? 23:04 - Jul 31 with 1438 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

I've supported Town fwa very long time in good times and bad. Like most I sat and watched the Lionesses during this tournament and enjoyed the journey to becoming champions. I do hope this creates a legacy and the womens game gets the support and investment at all levels to grow.
However, just because you support Ipswich should you automatically support the ladies? In my mind they're two very different games and you could easily support a team that has a closer connection to you. Thoughts?

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:07 - Jul 31 with 1388 viewslowhouseblue

you've got a local women's team playing at a good standard. what's not to like? in terms of a second team you could do a lot worse.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:09 - Jul 31 with 1360 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:07 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

you've got a local women's team playing at a good standard. what's not to like? in terms of a second team you could do a lot worse.

You incorrectly assume I'm Suffolk based.

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:10 - Jul 31 with 1359 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why should another team have a closer connection to you? EDIT: Seeing your reply above I think I see what you mean (if you have a different women's team closer to where you live - I don't unless nodge have one and no, I won't support them). I can't see why you wouldn't support both teams unless you are bloody minded enough to want nothing to do with women's football at all.

I haven't watched a local league football team at all despite it being on my doorstep virtually. I travel a reasonable distance to watch ITFC men. Nominally I support the women's team but I wouldn't spend the same money or time to watch my local team or the women's team (at the moment anyway).

What I have watched of the women's Euros this year I have enjoyed.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 23:11]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:11 - Jul 31 with 1332 viewslowhouseblue

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:09 - Jul 31 by BlacknGoldnBlue

ah, then local would be the thing.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:12 - Jul 31 with 1306 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:11 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

ah, then local would be the thing.

Can I add the caveat "unless it's nodge" (I don't even know of they have a women's team)?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:17 - Jul 31 with 1278 viewsGuthrum

From a personal point of view, I support ITFC men's team because it's Ipswich, not because I'm a massive football fan. The same therefore goes for ITFC Women.

But if your rationale is different, then there's no reason why you couldn't follow another ladies' team, if you have a connection (geographical, sentimental, stylistic or family/friends).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:27 - Jul 31 with 1236 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Having read the thread so far, I can give you a definitive answer:

It's up to you. You can choose ITFC Women OR another Women's team. But commit right now and post your decision in this thread.

But when ITFC Women are in the Cup Final, you aren't allowed to glory hunt if you choose wrongly today!
Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:55 - Jul 31 with 1164 viewsGeminiblue

Surely it’s no different to supporting your local mens grassroots team, if you’re an ITFC supporter doesn’t mean you can’t still follow your Bury, Needham, Leiston etc or your local pub team. If you want to follow your local ladies team do so too. ITFC women just happen to be the highest level womens team in Suffolk (& Norfolk) so understandably get more exposure.
Login to get fewer ads

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 00:03 - Aug 1 with 1138 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you support a different under 16 team?

I’m very much a ‘one club’ man. I support Ipswich and all teams who play with the Ipswich badge on their shirts. Obvious the senior men’s team is the main focus but I want all our teams to do well.

Do you have to? No clearly not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 07:16 - Aug 1 with 887 viewsElephantintheRoom

The fan base for women’s football is completely different

Hosting the Euros wasn’t a month long advertisement for drunken vandalism and moronic behaviour - possibly because the mindless tribalism of men’s football has yet to develop

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 07:43 - Aug 1 with 820 viewsKeno

Echoing the words of Barbara Lynn "Im a one team woman' ... err something like that.

Ipswich Town FC in whatever form they are playing are my team.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 08:02 - Aug 1 with 764 viewsGeoffSentence

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 23:09 - Jul 31 by BlacknGoldnBlue

Or you could go for the women's team that your dad used to take you to watch.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Should you automatically support Ipswich Ladies FC? on 09:23 - Aug 1 with 623 viewsFtnfwest

As others have said if you're local its more likely that you would if you're interested in the first place. But 'support' means going to the games, not 'hanging on' to any success they might have from a distance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024