Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Truss lying ... again 19:01 - Feb 6 with 1730 viewsHARRY10

Truss is claiming (via the Telegraph) that it was "that her mini-budget would have worked had it not been for the market instability caused by the extent to which pension funds were relying on liability driven investments (LDIs)"

whereas

" Liz Truss seems to think that problems with LDIs caused the market turmoil not that the market turmoil caused the problems with LDIs. It’s quite an important distinction.
– David Gauke (@DavidGauke) February 4, 2023"

"The Bank of England raises interest rates the day before the mini-budget but, .......... the cost of government borrowing — went up sharply after the mini-budget. And it was this that led many mortgage providers to significantly increase the interest rates they were charging UK customers."

bsically it was her lunatic attempt to begin tp intriduce Brexit realm of nuters, but un general that belief does not impact im society as a whole.

The concern is not that Truss is lying, that goes with the territory of being a brexiter, but there will still be cretins who think she is right, because facts and evidence don't count it would seem.

It appears they cannot come to terms with the reality that they were conned. Belief that we can talk to the dead may be the realm of the mad, but in general that belief does not impact on the wider society.

Whereas this lunacy, whereby rational thought is suspended, does. Brexit's removal may now have gone past 'the end of the beginning' phrase but there is still some way to go yet.,

Truss lying ... again on 19:42 - Feb 6 with 1643 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64543478

Some sort of black comedy interview on the BBC website; a few quotes from the Truss:

"I'm positive about the future of the Conservative Party."

"I think we need to start building more of a, you know, a strong intellectual base."

"I'm not desperate to get back into No 10, no."

Cue disbelieving moue from Fraser Nelson - thinks: did she think that was a serious question?

The most embarrassing 45 days or whatever it was our country has ever seen. Did it really happen?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Truss lying ... again on 20:00 - Feb 6 with 1619 viewsBlueBadger

Truss lying ... again on 19:42 - Feb 6 by NthQldITFC

Some sort of black comedy interview on the BBC website; a few quotes from the Truss:

"I think we need to start building more of a, you know, a strong intellectual base."

Cue disbelieving moue from Fraser Nelson - thinks: did she think that was a serious question?

The most embarrassing 45 days or whatever it was our country has ever seen. Did it really happen?

The country has, since 2010, been living through a banter era.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 6:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Truss lying ... again on 20:14 - Feb 6 with 1599 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The most notable takeaway from this is that there are significant numbers of the Tory party (MPs and members) who would welcome Johnson or Truss back as PM and think it is the left-wing economic system/media/whatever who hounded them out.

This should also explain why they have brought us austerity, Sunak and much more.

If anyone still thinks they can trust the party to run the country they are either corrupt, rich and care nothing for anyone who isn't, or plain deluded.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Truss lying ... again on 20:21 - Feb 6 with 1573 viewsfactual_blue

The giveaway sign that they're lying is easy to spot by factual_blue 5 Feb 2023 19:18
It's when words come out of their mouths.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Truss lying ... again on 20:29 - Feb 6 with 1547 viewsHARRY10

Truss lying ... again on 20:14 - Feb 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

The most notable takeaway from this is that there are significant numbers of the Tory party (MPs and members) who would welcome Johnson or Truss back as PM and think it is the left-wing economic system/media/whatever who hounded them out.

This should also explain why they have brought us austerity, Sunak and much more.

If anyone still thinks they can trust the party to run the country they are either corrupt, rich and care nothing for anyone who isn't, or plain deluded.

That goes back to a previous comment. As long as they think that a politician is 'on their site' then they will forgive 'minor indescretions', until it is too late.

I wonder how many red wallers would have benefited from the ill fated 45p rate tax cut, or delude themselves still that there will be a levelling up at some point....maybe

Or will finally grasp that they have been had

"We've got your vote, so you can fck off now", as Truss will reveal what we really meant by cutting regulation

pay, holidays, sick pay, benefits..... too late now suckers
Truss lying ... again on 21:56 - Feb 6 with 1394 viewsNthQldITFC

Truss lying ... again on 20:00 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

The country has, since 2010, been living through a banter era.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 6:52]

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/06/dimmer-than-she-appears-or-tota

Even John Crace seems a bit nonplussed by that interview. She does seem to be a genuine half-wit. With someone like Johnson you think "Geez, you've got a brass neck to lie, cheat and manipulate like that, you bastard," but with Truss I almost feel a bit of sympathy and embarrassment for her. Or is it just a next-level clever ploy?

Truss lying ... again on 22:47 - Feb 6 with 1285 viewsEireannach_gorm

Cue talking lettuce meme.
Truss lying ... again on 01:17 - Feb 7 with 1193 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Let's pretend it didn't, eh?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Login to get fewer ads

Truss lying ... again on 07:37 - Feb 7 with 1074 viewsRobTheMonk

I have no idea how she was PM.

You only had to look at when they were doing 5 candidate speeches before she was made PM to realise she was way out of her depth. All of the other 4 were quite eloquent in how they spoke whereas Truss was basically an android literally reading from her script.
Truss lying ... again on 07:49 - Feb 7 with 1055 viewsBeckets

Truss lying ... again on 07:37 - Feb 7 by RobTheMonk

You only had to look at when they were doing 5 candidate speeches before she was made PM to realise she was way out of her depth. All of the other 4 were quite eloquent in how they spoke whereas Truss was basically an android literally reading from her script.

That’s because she’s a Tufton Street puppet.
Truss lying ... again on 09:33 - Feb 7 with 989 viewsChurchman

Truss lying ... again on 07:37 - Feb 7 by RobTheMonk

Me neither.

It was well known a few years back that she wasn’t the sharpest chisel in the box. A chum of mine directly worked to her at MoJ and found her largely incoherent and clueless. He said it was like a breath of fresh air when Gove took over. A relief, a vast improvement. Considering what Gove is, that said it all to me.

I cannot believe the Conservatives deliberately elected her as a useful idiot but maybe they did. Only they know.
Truss lying ... again on 09:47 - Feb 7 with 969 viewsNthQldITFC

It seems that there is a Liz Truss fan resident here!

I honestly didn't think that there were any left even in the Conservative Party, except perhaps for a Ms L Truss of South West Norfolk, who often looks like even she is wavering in her self-support; either that or there is some sort of vacancy in the constituency between her ears.

Is this another instance of Budgies deserting their nests and taking up residence in ITFC land?

Truss lying ... again on 11:18 - Feb 7 with 912 viewsblueasfook

Truss lying ... again on 20:29 - Feb 6 by HARRY10

That goes back to a previous comment. As long as they think that a politician is 'on their site' then they will forgive 'minor indescretions', until it is too late.

I wonder how many red wallers would have benefited from the ill fated 45p rate tax cut, or delude themselves still that there will be a levelling up at some point....maybe

Or will finally grasp that they have been had

"We've got your vote, so you can fck off now", as Truss will reveal what we really meant by cutting regulation

pay, holidays, sick pay, benefits..... too late now suckers

What do you think it really was that made Red Wallers turn against Labour? I mean, it couldnt have possibly been the dreadful "leadership" of Jeremy Corbyn could it?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024