Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hotel room booked for the play off final 13:51 - Feb 13 with 2644 viewsnoggin

I can always cancel if we don't make it 🙄

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:01 - Feb 13 with 1877 viewsSitfcB

Was having this discussion with a mate the other week, would it be better to stay down in London the night before or travel down on the day?

I know fans from clubs up north tend to stay over the night before and one set takes over Trafalgar Square etc but with us being close do people reckon we’d have numbers down there for that?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:05 - Feb 13 with 1851 viewsnoggin

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:01 - Feb 13 by SitfcB

Was having this discussion with a mate the other week, would it be better to stay down in London the night before or travel down on the day?

I know fans from clubs up north tend to stay over the night before and one set takes over Trafalgar Square etc but with us being close do people reckon we’d have numbers down there for that?

I'd be there if we won.

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:06 - Feb 13 with 1843 viewsSitfcB

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:05 - Feb 13 by noggin

I'd be there if we won.

That’s the other side of it, do you stay behind in London of travel back to Ipswich to celebrate? Getting back to Ipswich would be the thing to do surely?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:13 - Feb 13 with 1819 viewsnoggin

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:06 - Feb 13 by SitfcB

That’s the other side of it, do you stay behind in London of travel back to Ipswich to celebrate? Getting back to Ipswich would be the thing to do surely?

I don't live in Suffolk or have family there. I''ll be staying in London and celebrating/drowning my sorrows there.

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:26 - Feb 13 with 1757 viewsearlsgreenblue

Funny you should say that Nogs, I was looking at flights back in for the last game but now holding off in case the (lottery) play offs loom. Wish you’d of asked I’d share a room with you, (not bed though) you’ve got cold feet……..probably!
Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:31 - Feb 13 with 1740 viewsnoggin

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:26 - Feb 13 by earlsgreenblue

Funny you should say that Nogs, I was looking at flights back in for the last game but now holding off in case the (lottery) play offs loom. Wish you’d of asked I’d share a room with you, (not bed though) you’ve got cold feet……..probably!

Sorry old chap. I'll be staying at the Union Jack Club, but you'd be welcome to a single room as my guest. Cheap rooms, bar and restaurant.

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 1698 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You could always sell it to a Wednesday fan.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:48 - Feb 13 with 1628 viewsearlsgreenblue

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:31 - Feb 13 by noggin

Sorry old chap. I'll be staying at the Union Jack Club, but you'd be welcome to a single room as my guest. Cheap rooms, bar and restaurant.

Might just take you up on that, Sunday 28th 16.30 KO where do you fly in too? Stansted ?
Login to get fewer ads

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:51 - Feb 13 with 1615 viewsnoggin

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:48 - Feb 13 by earlsgreenblue

Might just take you up on that, Sunday 28th 16.30 KO where do you fly in too? Stansted ?

Haven't booked flights but probably London City.

I did that in 2005.... on 15:11 - Feb 13 with 1589 viewsBloots

....booked a hotel in Clevedon, the final was in Cardiff then.

Decided not to cancel it, as it was far enough away from Cardiff that it wouldn't just be football fans about, and took the wife away for a nice weekend.

Ended up having a fight with a West Ham fan in a Chinese Restaurant.

True story.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:13 - Feb 13 with 1577 viewsCityBlue

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 14:01 - Feb 13 by SitfcB

I went down on train to the Barnsley play off final. Was a great atmosphere on the train.

I T I D

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:15 - Feb 13 with 1565 viewsBLUEBEAT

Driving up the A12 after Wembley 2000 brought a tear to my eye - people all over the bridges with flags/banners, farmers being creative in the fields… loved it.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

I did that in 2005.... on 15:18 - Feb 13 with 1550 viewsMattinLondon

I did that in 2005.... on 15:11 - Feb 13 by Bloots

....booked a hotel in Clevedon, the final was in Cardiff then.

Decided not to cancel it, as it was far enough away from Cardiff that it wouldn't just be football fans about, and took the wife away for a nice weekend.

Ended up having a fight with a West Ham fan in a Chinese Restaurant.

True story.

Who won the fight?
I did that in 2005.... on 15:21 - Feb 13 with 1515 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I did that in 2005.... on 15:18 - Feb 13 by MattinLondon

Who won the fight?

The Chinese I expect.

My wife (n/t) on 15:24 - Feb 13 with 1508 viewsBloots

I did that in 2005.... on 15:18 - Feb 13 by MattinLondon

Who won the fight?

My wife (n/t) on 15:26 - Feb 13 with 1493 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My wife (n/t) on 15:24 - Feb 13 by Bloots

Is she Chinese or a West Ham fan?

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:31 - Feb 13 with 1452 viewsBlueBadger

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:15 - Feb 13 by BLUEBEAT

Driving up the A12 after Wembley 2000 brought a tear to my eye - people all over the bridges with flags/banners, farmers being creative in the fields… loved it.

'farmers being creative in the fields' is a euphemism, right?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:34 - Feb 13 with 1437 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who you supporting Barnsley or wycombe? ;)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:35 - Feb 13 with 1426 viewsnoggin

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:34 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Who you supporting Barnsley or wycombe? ;)

Bolton, obviously.

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:56 - Feb 13 with 1364 viewsblueasfook

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:13 - Feb 13 by CityBlue

I went down on train to the Barnsley play off final. Was a great atmosphere on the train.

Went by coach. When we got back to Ipswich about 8 or so in the evening, the cops had made all the pubs close. Spoilsports. So we celebrated in the square til the wee hours.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Both (n/t) on 15:58 - Feb 13 with 1346 viewsBloots

My wife (n/t) on 15:26 - Feb 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is she Chinese or a West Ham fan?

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:58 - Feb 13 with 1350 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:56 - Feb 13 by blueasfook

Went by coach. When we got back to Ipswich about 8 or so in the evening, the cops had made all the pubs close. Spoilsports. So we celebrated in the square til the wee hours.

Loved that day by coach.

All the town fans on the bridges. Ontop of the traffic lights on the way home. Felt like we had won the game not just followed the team to it lol.

Twtd.

Waka waka eh eh

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 16:02 - Feb 13 with 1324 viewsblueasfook

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 15:58 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Loved that day by coach.

All the town fans on the bridges. Ontop of the traffic lights on the way home. Felt like we had won the game not just followed the team to it lol.

Twtd.

Yep - remember that. All the bridges we passed under on the A14/A12 had ITFC flags on them. Felt like the whole country was on our side. Had a couple of beers with some Barnsley fans before the game, and they were really friendly, wished us luck for the game, etc.

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 16:07 - Feb 13 with 1294 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 16:02 - Feb 13 by blueasfook

Yep - remember that. All the bridges we passed under on the A14/A12 had ITFC flags on them. Felt like the whole country was on our side. Had a couple of beers with some Barnsley fans before the game, and they were really friendly, wished us luck for the game, etc.

Best day ever as a town fan just full of fun. Laughter and memories.

I remember at the stadium. Went to the gents and it was full of town fans and a lad in Barnsley red.

" so who's everyone supporting today then" he came out with. Just a wonderful moment that showed what the day was about.

Waka waka eh eh

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 16:11 - Feb 13 with 1277 viewsblueasfook

Hotel room booked for the play off final on 16:07 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

Best day ever as a town fan just full of fun. Laughter and memories.

I remember at the stadium. Went to the gents and it was full of town fans and a lad in Barnsley red.

" so who's everyone supporting today then" he came out with. Just a wonderful moment that showed what the day was about.

Lol :) Yeah great day out. That day, coupled with beating Bolton in the semi final second leg at home was just a fantastic couple of weeks for a being a Town fan. Was in churchmans stand for the bolton game. Probably the best stand to be in that night. We all got on the pitch after the whistle and I was on Anglia News behind Sheepy being interviewed, jumping up and down like a nutter!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024