Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday are in real trouble atm 23:23 - Apr 1 with 2851 viewsTalkingBlues

Loads of injuries, squad is thin and players look knackered, just as we enter a mentally busy schedule, if anything they’re likely to see more players crocked, as no doubt will we and other chasing teams, nature of the beast, hopefully our squad depth will really pay dividends in that respect. Byers and Windass don’t look like they’ll be back any time soon and that’s a massive blow for them.

Not even thinking about Plymouth, because Wednesday look like the side that will continue to implode, though would be nice if Plymouth suffer the same fate.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 23:24 - Apr 1 with 2820 viewspointofblue

There's four teams in this fight - cannot overlook Barnsley.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 23:27 - Apr 1 with 2761 viewsCoastalblue

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 23:24 - Apr 1 by pointofblue

Agree, I've been saying sice Christmas we'll finish above Argyle (though I'm rarely right) and can see us and Barnsley finishing 1-2.

If Wednesday finish up in the playoffs, and I think they will, then I don't fancy their chances at all.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 23:31 - Apr 1 with 2717 viewsTalkingBlues

Just looking at the teams that we’ve been trying to make up ground on, we needed to see some weakness above to give us a chance of making autos and Wednesday have provided it. Barnsley would be irrelevant to us if Wednesday and Plymouth continued with their form, as nobody would have caught them.

Plus, we firmly have the future in our own hands where Barnsley are concerned, 6 pointer just before season end, they’re the games you have to win to secure promotion.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 08:27 - Apr 2 with 1938 viewsandytown

Shelf W fan on the train to Leicester yesterday reckons Byers & Windass out for the season.
Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 10:33 - Apr 2 with 1668 viewsWestSussexBlue

I do get more and more of a feeling that McKenna and the coaches knew that even before the season began we’d finish strong because of squad depth. Every team suffers injuries and they knew that we’d be no exception. There was no panic when results dropped off. It was a case of enhance with a little extra quality in January and ensure there was an equally strong back up for every position. We’ve had both bad and good luck this season on the injury front but from the first kick of the season it’s been managed incredibly well.
Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 10:53 - Apr 2 with 1558 viewsChurchman

Owlstalk is a picture of depression at the moment. A lot of it over the top, but heck that’s the way it is with football supporters. From what I read, the absence of Windass and Byers is hurting them which suggests their squad depth is quite as strong as they were claiming a couple of months ago.

All to play for with the top four teams so strong. I wonder if today’s distraction for Plymouth will help or hinder them. My instinct says hinder, given this is the business end of the season. Maybe that’s just hope on my part.
Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 10:57 - Apr 2 with 1516 viewsWestSussexBlue

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 10:53 - Apr 2 by Churchman

Owlstalk is a picture of depression at the moment. A lot of it over the top, but heck that’s the way it is with football supporters. From what I read, the absence of Windass and Byers is hurting them which suggests their squad depth is quite as strong as they were claiming a couple of months ago.

All to play for with the top four teams so strong. I wonder if today’s distraction for Plymouth will help or hinder them. My instinct says hinder, given this is the business end of the season. Maybe that’s just hope on my part.

It will hinder I’m sure.
I’d rather be starting life in the championship in August rather than League one but Pizza cup holders. A key player picking up an injury would be good.
Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 11:07 - Apr 2 with 1457 viewsfranz_tyson

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 10:33 - Apr 2 by WestSussexBlue

I do get more and more of a feeling that McKenna and the coaches knew that even before the season began we’d finish strong because of squad depth. Every team suffers injuries and they knew that we’d be no exception. There was no panic when results dropped off. It was a case of enhance with a little extra quality in January and ensure there was an equally strong back up for every position. We’ve had both bad and good luck this season on the injury front but from the first kick of the season it’s been managed incredibly well.

Don't buy that.

We didn't just add a little bit of quality in January - we realised we were well short of quality and really went for it with the cheque-book. Those 4 additions have really boosted the existing squad.
Fair play to Mckenna and the club for the backing in January, but no-one planned for us to go 4 wins in 15 and also expect us to go 7 out of 7 win form and for clubs above us to implode. They realised we were short before Christmas and reacted in January. No pre-season planning would have predicted much of this.
Login to get fewer ads

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 11:21 - Apr 2 with 1402 viewspatrickswell

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 10:57 - Apr 2 by WestSussexBlue

It will hinder I’m sure.
I’d rather be starting life in the championship in August rather than League one but Pizza cup holders. A key player picking up an injury would be good.

I’m not sure about that, winning the trophy will give them a boost to really make it a special season by going on and clinching promotion. They’ll obviously be aware of ourselves and Barnsley coming up on the rails, but doubtless will have been as boosted as we’ve been by Wednesday having the dip that they are.
Two from four is psychologically easier to deal with than one from three.
Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 11:28 - Apr 2 with 1373 viewsTalkingBlues

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 11:07 - Apr 2 by franz_tyson

Don't buy that.

We didn't just add a little bit of quality in January - we realised we were well short of quality and really went for it with the cheque-book. Those 4 additions have really boosted the existing squad.
Fair play to Mckenna and the club for the backing in January, but no-one planned for us to go 4 wins in 15 and also expect us to go 7 out of 7 win form and for clubs above us to implode. They realised we were short before Christmas and reacted in January. No pre-season planning would have predicted much of this.

Agree, the plan was clearly always to have a strong squad and ideally 2 men in every position fighting for a place, but you can’t plan for injuries (except those you buy injured) and the fact we didn’t have any central midfielders fit and available to play through December, which kickstarted the poor run of draws, shows that we were caught out by the scale of the injuries. We were really struggling in CM and failed to plug the hole in January (not for lack of trying) but fortunately Luongo came back to fitness and single handedly put us back on track, solidified the whole team.

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 12:27 - Apr 2 with 1197 viewsVegtablue

100%

Over the last 10 matches Barnsley have closed the gap to us in both points and goal difference. We've won our last 7 games to nil! They are in monstrous form. They'll pencil our rearranged match in as a win and they will target one more point than us across the other seven. They'll go into that Oakwell game with ballooning belief - the kind that comes after belting your other two title rivals on home soil in very recent memory. IF they can track us over the five before that is.

Plymouth know how good they are at home. They avert their eyes from the freaks beneath them and retain confidence with recent form: 4 wins in 5. They are buoyed by the Wednesday collapse. Away to Exeter means less travel time and the derby match to shake off tepid away performances. They put faith in a Barnsley speed bump on April 25th and believe their run-in to be kinder. They've held an automatic berth for so long they are preparing to apply for squatter's rights in the event of the unthinkable.

Wednesday the same case can't be made for. Wobbling worse than we were in our wayward winter and without Luongo on the horizon. They want their January back! Points on the board. Above all the pretenders... for now. Case closed.

*Ipswich's case is the best of all and is best observed in the flesh.
Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 12:33 - Apr 2 with 1159 viewsvilanovablue

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 11:07 - Apr 2 by franz_tyson

Don't buy that.

I don't know, I'm sure that we were looking for a better striker than Ladapo in the summer so things would have been happening in the background. The early Jan signings suggest that to me.
Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 16:03 - Apr 2 with 806 viewstractorboy1978

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 12:27 - Apr 2 by Vegtablue

100%

Over the last 10 matches Barnsley have closed the gap to us in both points and goal difference. We've won our last 7 games to nil! They are in monstrous form. They'll pencil our rearranged match in as a win and they will target one more point than us across the other seven. They'll go into that Oakwell game with ballooning belief - the kind that comes after belting your other two title rivals on home soil in very recent memory. IF they can track us over the five before that is.

Plymouth know how good they are at home. They avert their eyes from the freaks beneath them and retain confidence with recent form: 4 wins in 5. They are buoyed by the Wednesday collapse. Away to Exeter means less travel time and the derby match to shake off tepid away performances. They put faith in a Barnsley speed bump on April 25th and believe their run-in to be kinder. They've held an automatic berth for so long they are preparing to apply for squatter's rights in the event of the unthinkable.

Wednesday the same case can't be made for. Wobbling worse than we were in our wayward winter and without Luongo on the horizon. They want their January back! Points on the board. Above all the pretenders... for now. Case closed.

*Ipswich's case is the best of all and is best observed in the flesh.

Can guarantee Plymouth would rather not be going to Exeter to play in that derby match! It has banana skin written all over it and is all Exeter have to play for now this season.

It really wouldn't surprise me if us and Barnsley end up overthrowing Plymouth/Wednesday. All bets are off.
Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 16:09 - Apr 2 with 747 viewsRadlett_blue

Wednesday are in real trouble atm on 10:33 - Apr 2 by WestSussexBlue

The big difference is that, for the first time in umpteen years, we have actually strengthened our team in the January window, rather than padding out the squad with a few rejects. Clarke, Luongo & Broadhead have all improved the starting XI & Hirst is good enough to rotate with Ladapo. If we go up, this will have been the key.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024