Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team vs Port Vale 11:33 - Apr 16 with 1666 viewsNutkins_Return

Firstly I full subscribe to we have to take each game 100% seriously and keep our foot fully on the accelerator. Can't treat port vale lightly and we won't. I do think however there will be a serious consideration to some small rotation here with Peterborough and Barnsley to come and with one or two having knocks (Wes, Broadhead, Davis etc) given they have 4 suspended and how strong our group is and based on recent performances I would be very tempted with the following (in reality probably 2 changes max but below and idea of who could swap in.

Walton
Clarke Wolfie Burgess Leigh (if Davis is fine don't change).
Luongo Morsy
Burns Chaplin Edwards
ladapo

I know Hirst not injured but he will need a lung buster against Posh and Ladapo confidence will be sky high. Edwards has looked fantastic in recent weeks and I think port vale will sit back. Edwards can unpick locks. Broadhead is essential for the next two and his ankle is being managed. On the bench of course.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 11:40]
Team vs Port Vale on 11:41 - Apr 16 with 1594 viewstractorboy1978

Best team, get the game won and then make changes IMO.
Team vs Port Vale on 11:58 - Apr 16 with 1526 viewsJon_456

Both Peterborough and Barnsley are playing Tuesday night too so no need to risk the PV game by rotating the team.

Start strong, have the game won by 60mins and then make our changes.
Team vs Port Vale on 13:20 - Apr 16 with 1381 viewsbilllm

Team vs Port Vale on 11:41 - Apr 16 by tractorboy1978

Best team, get the game won and then make changes IMO.

Always should be best eleven start, it's working so let's leave it alone,
Team vs Port Vale on 13:29 - Apr 16 with 1338 viewsLeoMuff

A must win game, if everyone is fit they play, 3 points to us hopefully and a high probability that one or all of Plymouth, Wednesday and Barnsley drop points as they all have tough away games.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Team vs Port Vale on 13:38 - Apr 16 with 1303 viewspointofblue

I assume Clarke will be the injury doubt considering he was subbed yesterday? Davis got through 90.

I can see the logic behind resting Hirst and Broadhead, especially the latter considering he's only just come back from injury. But we cannot afford to take any team lightly, so unenforced changes will carry an additional element of risk.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team vs Port Vale on 13:38 - Apr 16 with 1301 viewsJ2BLUE

There are five games to go, momentum is huge, the other three teams have what look like banana skin games (on paper) and you want to make changes?

It's a daft idea. Get the points on the board if we can. Worry about the other games afterwards. We don't need to overthink this run in.

Play the best team. Try and get the 3 points. If we can wrap it up early and wrap some key players up in bubble wrap that is a bonus.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Team vs Port Vale on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 1214 viewsBigCommon

Our most important game of the season, is our next one.. And so on....
Team vs Port Vale on 14:08 - Apr 16 with 1167 viewsWickets

Unchanged.
Login to get fewer ads

Team vs Port Vale on 14:50 - Apr 16 with 1083 viewsPerublue

Ed Vs Robbie Williams ... I think we got this guys.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Team vs Port Vale on 17:47 - Apr 16 with 940 viewsNutkins_Return

Team vs Port Vale on 13:38 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

I assume Clarke will be the injury doubt considering he was subbed yesterday? Davis got through 90.

I can see the logic behind resting Hirst and Broadhead, especially the latter considering he's only just come back from injury. But we cannot afford to take any team lightly, so unenforced changes will carry an additional element of risk.

Clarke suggested in his interview he is fine. I guess we won't take risks.

I generally agree with best team starting and not taking teams lightly but we somewhat give up a massive advantage we have with our quality of squad. Strongest team might just be a slightly fresher team. (See Sheffield Wednesday for what happens when fatigue sets in).

Same 11 is the easy pick. I just wonder whether McKenna might look at this being the game in the 8 game month where he freshens a little. We have a luxury of players like Edwards/Ladapo hitting form at just the right time.
Team vs Port Vale on 18:03 - Apr 16 with 905 viewsNthQldITFC

I hum and I hah and I hah and I hum, and right now I'm thinking I agree with you. But tomorrow I'll be back in the "don't change it" camp.

The great thing is that there's actually decent grounds for this debate, and that's because we have such a good quality squad, all in form. Nice.

I dunno. Trust the manager, trust the process.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Team vs Port Vale on 18:15 - Apr 16 with 871 viewsN2_Blue

Why on earth would we not go into this game without our strongest team, subject to knocks.

If we rotate and then don’t beat PV then it would be the biggest cock up ever. I just can’t see McKenna taking that chance. Win the game, run some 60-70 mins subs if we’re home and fry by then.

One game at a time, and we play the strongest line up available for each one. Madness to do anything else.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Team vs Port Vale on 18:15 - Apr 16 with 871 viewsStokieBlue

Absolutely not.

You're completely overthinking this, players can play consecutive matches.

Play the best team every remaining match.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Team vs Port Vale on 21:47 - Apr 17 with 629 viewsNutkins_Return

Team vs Port Vale on 18:15 - Apr 16 by N2_Blue

Why on earth would we not go into this game without our strongest team, subject to knocks.

If we rotate and then don’t beat PV then it would be the biggest cock up ever. I just can’t see McKenna taking that chance. Win the game, run some 60-70 mins subs if we’re home and fry by then.

One game at a time, and we play the strongest line up available for each one. Madness to do anything else.

You've answered the reason for the thinking in your first sentence. We do have knocks.

Whatever McKenna goes with will be the best call based on all the data/info. You can't not trust him and the rest of the team.

We have a fantastic squad, and we have a few playing through niggles and no doubt a bit of fatigue. It's a really tricky balancing act. The easier decision is same team for sure and most likely. I'm curious to see how he plays it. The optics are bad if we make cla change and don't win. Trust this squad with a couple of changes to beat Vale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024